Texas at Tennessee Poll | The Boneyard

Texas at Tennessee Poll

Who would you prefer wins today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
So Vic and his hot team are in Knoxville today. I might have to be taking some peaks at that (on ESPN @ 1 p.m.) while watching the 2nd half scroll of our game.

What's your preference?

Note: The poll is asking what you HOPE Will happen, not what you THINK WILL happen.

I can't decide if I'd prefer to have Tennessee undefeated when we destroy them, of have Vic start the slaughter today. :D

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Carnac sez....................no guts, no glory. Bet the farm on Texas today. ;) Then spend the rest of the afternoon counting your money.
Barring injury, Texas will go deep into the tournament this year. Vic has got some very good players that play hard for him. In case you forgot, Texas knocked off #1 Stanford last week IN PALO ALTO 61-56. He's got a little (5'6") freshman guard Rori Harmon that is a baller. She's quick, aggressive and plays with no fear. She finished with 21 against Stanford. Watch out for her. :eek:

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This is a tough one- I don't want to root for TN but I also don't want Vic getting his confidence up any further. TX with Vic is just the kind of team I could see the committee putting in UCONN's bracket come tournament time just because they are sadistic like that. Texas was in UCONN's bracket two years in a row Albany and Bridgeport 2015-16.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This is a tough one- I don't want to root for TN but I also don't want Vic getting his confidence up any further. TX with Vic is just the kind of team I could see the committee putting in UCONN's bracket come tournament time just because they are sadistic like that. Texas was in UCONN's bracket two years in a row Albany and Bridgeport 2015-16.
Back in the Karen Aston days, there wasn’t much to worry about. Vic, the defensive mastermind, presents an entirely different challenge.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This is a tough one?? It's freakin' Tennessee!

middle-finger-angry.gif

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The question is “Who would you prefer…“ to win. Logic is optional on this one.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Had a college roommate from Chattanooga in 1965. Nice guy.

There. I've now run out of positive things to say about Tennessee.

I prefer, hope, and yearn for Vic & Co. to crush them.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Back in the Karen Aston days, there wasn’t much to worry about. Vic, the defensive mastermind, presents an entirely different challenge.
Well OD, you are correct. That was then. But now, like Eddie Murphy said in his movie "48 Hours" There's a new Sheriff in town" (and his name is Vic Schaefer) :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I root for and predict Texas by 5, say 76-71.

Reaction Score
100% on board with where you're going here. Go Vols and may I not suffer in purgatory for rooting for any team wearing orange.

Reaction Score
Final results. Apparently, 24% of the folks on the Boneyard this morning were not Husky devotes. Otherwise, the other 76% went pretty much as I expected. You?

1637518052967.png

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Carnac sez....................no guts, no glory. Bet the farm on Texas today. ;) Then spend the rest of the afternoon counting your money.
Barring injury, Texas will go deep into the tournament this year. Vic has got some very good players that play hard for him. In case you forgot, Texas knocked off #1 Stanford last week IN PALO ALTO 61-56. He's got a little (5'6") freshman guard Rori Harmon that is a baller. She's quick, aggressive and plays with no fear. She finished with 21 against Stanford. Watch out for her. :eek:
This is why I don't gamble. Tennessee defeats Texas in OT 74-70. Pardon me while I finish eating this last bite of crow. :confused: It looks like South Carolina is not the only team on our schedule we have to be weary of. Especially if we continue to play like we did today.

Vic Schaefer and Texas was humbled today, but this loss will only strengthen their grit and resolve later down the road.

Javaman, I never answered your question. I was hoping Texas would win BIG over Tennessee, and laugh and sing all the way back to the airport. :(

Last edited:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I watched a bit of this game. Do the Vols ever set screens?

Reaction Score
Tennessee looking like a team for days gone by? A final 4 team. A championship team. Has Kelli revived the dynasty? I think not. However good win Lady Vols good win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom