Texas A&M at South Carolina... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Texas A&M at South Carolina...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
She just said UCONN should be favored on Feb 9: "Their offense is farther ahead than SC's."

South Carolina has an offensive efficiency rating of 116 which is very good. UConn's is nearly 127 which is insane.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Neither of these teams looks very patient on offense, lots of one on one stuff.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
aTm lost to Tennessee by over 20 and just lost to a very average Georgia team. They lost to a reeling Texas team and had an inexplicable 21 point loss to Washington. They squeaked past a really crappy Arkansas team by 2. My point is that aTm is just not a very good team. The fact that this is a 4 point game with 24 minutes played is more of an indication of how good SC is. This is a game SC should win easily by 20 going away...

I've seen SC play 2-3 times this season and they SEEM like they should run good offense, and usually do for about 10 seconds, then it devolves into just dumping it into the post and hoping one of the trees can do something, or a bunch of 1 on 1 play by the guards. That's not really good offense IMHO...

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Neither of these teams is particularly impressive but SC can just ground and pound teams.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
The more I see of this game, the less I'm worried about the game against SC.

Well... Consider this...

SC has a lot of size and depth... If our bigs get into foul trouble. We are pretty slim up front...

Just saying...

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Kinda feel that UCONN or ND would backdoor SC to death. Texas A&M doesn't seem all that sophisticated on offense, but maybe SC just makes teams look bad.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well... Consider this...

SC has a lot of size and depth... If our bigs get into foul trouble. We are pretty slim up front...

Just saying...
Size and depth, yes, but UConn's forwards are a redshirt sophomore, a junior, and two seniors. The Huskies hold the edge in experience.

CTyankee

Reaction Score
Size and depth, yes, but UConn's forwards are a redshirt sophomore, a junior, and two seniors. The Huskies hold the edge in experience.

Yeah... Stroke me... Reassurance is what I need!!!

Reaction Score
Does it seem like S.C. is being a little sloppy with their passes into their bigs. They are getting away with some of them but that won't fly against UCONN. Dawn will clean that up soon.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yeah... Stroke me... Reassurance is what I need!!!
Here's something else - those forwards were ranked #6, #1, #42, and #1, respectively, coming out of high school. And the 42nd ranked player, Kiah, is one of the best post defenders I've ever seen.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If A&M could hit its free throw, this would be a different game.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Actually, there hasn't been more than a handful of games between top ten teams this year, so far. Disappointing.

Reaction Score
I'm curious about how Tuck will do in the paint. Should be a good game.

The thing is you can't double her in the paint. She'll be able to use pump fakes and pass from the fakes etc. And she can dribble. You're right - it will be interesting. Tuck will have to be quick and crafty - which she is. And she has a body base to get some separation. I think she will/can which is why I think she will be a top tier WNBA draft pick in the future because she can score over bigs as part of her game.

CTyankee

Reaction Score
I wonder how Geno will use Stokes in the upcoming game???

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Does it seem like S.C. is being a little sloppy with their passes into their bigs. They are getting away with some of them but that won't fly against UCONN. Dawn will clean that up soon.

Yes they have been sloppy. Of course we have had a few games with sloppy passing ourselves. It seems to be in the rear view mirror now, but SC is very athletic. It will be fun.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
South Carolina goes hard after the opposing point guard. Don't think it'll be a good match-up for Chong.

Be interesting to see how much time Gabby Williams gets in that game too. She hasn't gotten much against the best teams this year.

Reaction Score
A'ja Wilson says Feb 9 is a big game - she has it in her phone (whew!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom