Terry Richardson hired away by Miss St. (Mike Moyseenko Promoted) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Terry Richardson hired away by Miss St. (Mike Moyseenko Promoted)

Reaction Score
Think Geno would like to move south?
To a town reasonably called Starkville? Perhaps not, plus the guy hardly needs the COL savings. On the other hand, $EC dinero just might have been a wee bit enticing for Richardson. ;)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
To a town reasonably called Starkville? Perhaps not, plus the guy hardly needs the COL savings. On the other hand, $EC dinero just might have been a wee bit enticing for Richardson. ;)

Undoubtedly he is making more at Miss St. than he is at UConn. And, undoubtedly, that money has more buying power in Starksville than Storrs.

That being said Starksville is one of the most desolate and depressing areas in the college football world. Even U Miss has Tupelo and the groves for tailgating.

Reaction Score
Undoubtedly he is making more at Miss St. than he is at UConn. And, undoubtedly, that money has more buying power in Starksville than Storrs.

That being said Starksville is one of the most desolate and depressing areas in the college football world. Even U Miss has Tupelo and the groves for tailgating.
If Moorhead is successful at Miss St, he won’t be there for long and Richardson can move with him to the next job. Richardson is still young and he could coach with Moorhead for 10 to 15 years.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If Moorhead is successful at Miss St, he won’t be there for long and Richardson can move with him to the next job. Richardson is still young and he could coach with Moorhead for 10 to 15 years.

I understand why he did it. I'm just saying it's definitely a "paid your dues" stop on your coaching progression.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

But the Coeds
The Southern Belles

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This feels like "the ship be sinking". Don't know why but when Richardson parts ways with Edsall it doesn't feel right. He was the only remnant of the previous staff under Edsall.
Oh come on now! What part of the last two years or their time in Maryland together screamed “we can survive this!”

I’m not buying into the notion the loss of good old Terry is going to kill us. Good guy? Yes by all accounts, but maybe Terry needs to do his thing and Dunn needs to do his own thing. Terry has an opportunity and he took it.

It’s about Dunn and Spanos at this point. They will make or break our future, not Terry.

Reaction Score
Oh come on now! What part of the last two years or their time in Maryland together screamed “we can survive this!”

I’m not buying into the notion the loss of good old Terry is going to kill us. Good guy? Yes by all accounts, but maybe Terry needs to do his thing and Dunn needs to do his own thing. Terry has an opportunity and he took it.

It’s about Dunn and Spanos at this point. They will make or break our future, not Terry.
No position coach is make or break. He has a proven track record of churning out productive players at his position. Even this year with Mensah. He was a bright spot on the staff.

I would've minded less if moorehead took Wholey.

Reaction Score
I think this was a surprise. Why? Mississippi State's running back coach left 2 days ago to go to Alabama, so there wasn't an opening until then. Moorhead knew Richardson from their time at UConn and offered him the position at probably a 50% raise and he left.
Certainly very possible! Though if my chronology is accurate, Dunn was promoted to AHC only 3 days prior to Miss St.'s publicly announced departure of its RB coach to Saban's staff. You know things were going on behind the scenes before then. It seems like plenty of time for Saban to have inquired about, negotiated and signed the MS RB coach. Moorhead was probably on the phone with RE the minute he hung up with Saban ...lol The time line would fit with RE's promotion of Dunn.

The other scenario would suggest that TR was ready to leave because RE took the AHC title away from him. Though timing-wise, everything would seem to have come together in a very conveniently short time for him considering he landed an SEC caliber coaching position with a former coaching buddy of his to boot. Who knows for sure, but TR did a great job for us while here....wish him all the best in his new position!

Reaction Score
nice bio
No malice to our new RB coach but when you say nice bio, I hope you are not comparing it to that of the departing RB coach. A world of difference there...

Don't know why but when Richardson parts ways with Edsall it doesn't feel right. He was the only remnant of the previous staff under Edsall.
Agree, just not a good feeling. Good man, good coach, sad loss....

Reaction Score
I understand why he did it. I'm just saying it's definitely a "paid your dues" stop on your coaching progression.
Setting aside any projected "paid your dues" possibilities, reasonable or not, Richardson likely doubled his comp. Additionally, he joins a P5 program and re-joins Moorhead.

Bottom line: Dollars + SEC + teaming up again with guy with some success running Os

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No position coach is make or break. He has a proven track record of churning out productive players at his position. Even this year with Mensah. He was a bright spot on the staff.

I would've minded less if moorehead took Wholey.

Yeah I’d prefer if the coach poached wasn’t the one leading the worst position group in the country instead of the one employee in Storrs WHO HAS ACTUALLY SHOWN HE CAN RECRUIT A FOOTBALL PLAYER.

College football coaches work 100 hours a week. The only reason they can tell Starkville from Gainesville from Nashville is the amount of crap they take on the rare occasion they go home.

It’s getting bleak.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah I’d prefer if the coach poached was the one leading the worst position group in the country instead of the one employee in Storrs WHO HAS ACTUALLY SHOWN HE CAN RECRUIT A FOOTBALL PLAYER.

College football coaches work 100 hours a week. The only reason they can tell Starkville from Gainesville from Nashville is the amount of crap they take on the rare occasion they go home.

It’s getting bleak.
Not impressed that we replaced him with the equipment manager? I kid.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
IDK - Look at the coaching history every good to great coach. They all started somewhere and typically their first, second and even third job were kind of leaps of faith by their bosses.

FWIW - Chadler Whitmer has moved on from Yale to Ohio St as a Grad Assistant, saw that tonight. Someday Whitmer will be a QB coach and that fan base will be unimpressed with the announcement, but maybe happy with the gutty decision a year later.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
FWIW - Chadler Whitmer has moved on from Yale to Ohio St as a Grad Assistant, saw that tonight. Someday Whitmer will be a QB coach and that fan base will be unimpressed with the announcement, but maybe happy with the gutty decision a year later.

Tre' Bell also moved from EKU to Mississippi State a few days ago.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

The new guy has a perfectly acceptable resume to be the RB coach... the problem is Richardson landed a lot of good players in Storrs and nobody here now has any evidence of an ability to recruit.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
IDK - Look at the coaching history every good to great coach. They all started somewhere and typically their first, second and even third job were kind of leaps of faith by their bosses.

He really was kidding. It’s not the new guy - it’s the guy we are losing.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The new guy has a perfectly acceptable resume to be the RB coach... the problem is Richardson landed a lot of good players in Storrs and nobody here now has any evidence of an ability to recruit.
Well, you like drama - don’t you? Tune in this fall to see how it concludes!

Seriously, it’s on Dunn and Spanos. They have to float this boat. Dunn wanted and got Terry’s title, so time to perform.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, you like drama - don’t you? Tune in this fall to see how it concludes!

Seriously, it’s on Dunn and Spanos. They have to float this boat. Dunn wanted and got Terry’s title, so time to perform.

My first reaction was that Dunn was promoted off the knowledge that Terry was leaving.

If Edsall paid Dunn out of pocket to stay and demoted Richardson and Terry pulled a job at Mississippi State...

Wow.

Reaction Score
It really is about losing Terry. A good recruiter and proven great developer of talent as a position coach. Spanos and Dunn need guys who can recruit. We will see what happens.

Reaction Score
We are forgetting the other side

Terry Richardson was unemployed before HCRE 2.0. He had spent a year out of college football. It seems obvious that this is a good move for him. SEC SEC. a pinnacle. The truth is he was more valued by us than 60 Power 5 programs. Always always - best wishes.

But I’m vested in UConn Football. We need to win in 2019

Reaction Score
We are forgetting the other side

Terry Richardson was unemployed before HCRE 2.0. He had spent a year out of college football. It seems obvious that this is a good move for him. SEC SEC. a pinnacle. The truth is he was more valued by us than 60 Power 5 programs. Always always - best wishes.

But I’m vested in UConn Football. We need to win in 2019
We need to win in 2019? 2019, isn't looking good. I want to be 100 percent dead ass wrong. Losing the one remarkable player on the roster, Pindell, the one play on defense who showed flashes of anything, Beavers leaves me thinking 3 wins would be coach of the year stuff.

Reaction Score
Certainly very possible! Though if my chronology is accurate, Dunn was promoted to AHC only 3 days prior to Miss St.'s publicly announced departure of its RB coach to Saban's staff. You know things were going on behind the scenes before then. It seems like plenty of time for Saban to have inquired about, negotiated and signed the MS RB coach. Moorhead was probably on the phone with RE the minute he hung up with Saban ...lol The time line would fit with RE's promotion of Dunn.

The other scenario would suggest that TR was ready to leave because RE took the AHC title away from him. Though timing-wise, everything would seem to have come together in a very conveniently short time for him considering he landed an SEC caliber coaching position with a former coaching buddy of his to boot. Who knows for sure, but TR did a great job for us while here....wish him all the best in his new position!

Here's is the chronology:

2/22/18: Burton Burns steps seem retires as Alabama's RB coach after 11 years.

2/22/18: Joe Pannuzio moved from TE coach to RB coach at Alabama. No experience coaching RBs.

1/16/19: John Dunn promoted and given raise at UConn.

1/21/19 morning: Charles Huff from Miss St hired as Alabama RB coach. Worked 2 years at Penn St. with Moorhead.

1/21/19 afternoon: Terry Richardson rumored to be going to Miss St as RB coach.

1/22/19 morning: Terry Richardson leaves for Miss St as RB coach.

I think Moorhead lost his RB coach and he turned to Richardson who probably got a 50% raise. By the way, Miss St. has the lowest assistant coach salary pool of all of the public SEC universities. Thus, it is hard for Miss St. to hire top P5 assistant coaches.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom