Terry Larrier transferring | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Terry Larrier transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Did Ali's stock actually ever soar? He's in the 40s on ESPN and in the 50s on 247. Right about where UConn offered him.

I still say something nutty went on there.

It did. Ali was ranked in the somewhere in the 75-100 range when UConn offered and when he committed. However, I don't buy that that is the reason he decommitted as UCLA was recruiting him before he "blew up" as well. I'm still of the opinion that Ali didn't like the fact that KO was still recruiting guards after he and Turtle were already committed, but we'll likely never know the true answer to that.

Reaction Score
1. No, I did this calculation right at the end of the season when we were fighting about this then. I don't remember what website.

2. More importantly, I 'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. When I say "plus/minus," I'm not talking about a computer driven statistical analysis (which it sounded like you may have been). I'm talking about how many points you outscored the other team by -- or were outscored by the other team -- while a particular player was on the floor.

Ok I'll take your word for it.

Reaction Score
It did. Ali was ranked in the somewhere in the 75-100 range when UConn offered and when he committed. However, I don't buy that that is the reason he decommitted as UCLA was recruiting him before he "blew up" as well. I'm still of the opinion that Ali didn't like the fact that KO was still recruiting guards after he and Turtle were already committed, but we'll likely never know the true answer to that.

So I met Ali (meaning I spoke to him) at the UCONN v. Indiana game at MSG. My take is that Ali was very impressed and taken a back my the UCONN fans passion for supporting the team. I think he was surprised that I and some other UCONN fans, who spoke to him before I did, recognized him and were trying to put in a good word for the program and how us fans would love to see his talent and skill set at UCONN.

The fans at the game were also really loud and into the game throughout. Between UCONN fans' passion, UCONN winning the game, playing at MSG, knowing a number of key players were going to graduate, and Kevin Ollie, it created the perfect storm and I think Ali just got caught up in the moment a little bit. Hence why he committed only two days later.

I don't think he intended to make a decision that soon, but I am sure he always had UCONN at or near the top of the list, but that weekend pushed him to commit sooner then he intended.

C

Chief00

Drummond had a much better plus minus while UConn was running through the non-conference schedule. Once the Big East season started, from then on AO's was much better.
Thank you for validating my point - you need to close quickly on guys - take advantage of circumstance. When a guy visits in the spring you usually need to either get an on campus commitment or within a couple of days when he gets home - or else it's on to the next school.

Reaction Score
Chief00 said:
Thank you for validating my point - you need to close quickly on guys - take advantage of circumstance. When a guy visits in the spring you usually need to either get an on campus commitment or within a couple of days when he gets home - or else it's on to the next school.

Thank you for validating my point. Whipped cream should NOT go on a milkshake unless you request it.

Reaction Score
So I met Ali (meaning I spoke to him) at the UCONN v. Indiana game at MSG. My take is that Ali was very impressed and taken a back my the UCONN fans passion for supporting the team. I think he was surprised that I and some other UCONN fans, who spoke to him before I did, recognized him and were trying to put in a good word for the program and how us fans would love to see his talent and skill set at UCONN.

The fans at the game were also really loud and into the game throughout. Between UCONN fans' passion, UCONN winning the game, playing at MSG, knowing a number of key players were going to graduate, and Kevin Ollie, it created the perfect storm and I think Ali just got caught up in the moment a little bit. Hence why he committed only two days later.

I don't think he intended to make a decision that soon, but I am sure he always had UCONN at or near the top of the list, but that weekend pushed him to commit sooner then he intended.
It was a done deal before the visit. We got in on him early and recruited him hard and it paid off. Still confused as to why he decomitted.

Reaction Score
It was a done deal before the visit. We got in on him early and recruited him hard and it paid off. Still confused as to why he decomitted.
Honestly 3, I love what you do and I know you are young. My guess is money. lets just say I know someone who knows someone.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Honestly 3, I love what you do and I know you are young. My guess is money. lets just say I know someone who knows someone.
You have the same number of likes as posts. Tough to do.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
My grandfather used to use that phrase all the time and he's been dead over 30 years. Definitely not a new term.
It sounds like something Teddy Roosevelt would say.

Reaction Score
Is Uconn becoming the new KU? One and done. If so, we will begin to stink when others find out. It's about winning stupid and hey no classroom issues.

Reaction Score
Ahh-when a thread about a player becomes about pizza in Europe it time to look for the new thread that says he is committing UCONN.

Reaction Score
My grandfather used to use that phrase all the time and he's been dead over 30 years. Definitely not a new term.

Exactly... I'm just over 30 but to me its been one of those whimsical old phrases that sometimes makes sense to drop. I could understand a kid being confused but not someone saying theyre too old to know that reference

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score

Ran into a "source close to the program" while vacationing in USVI just after Ali Decommit. He said a series of factors were told to staff(weather, family being amongst them) but this guy thought it was mostly a Jalen Adams issue.

Now, I have no idea why a PG commit would scare off a 6'4 SG, but that's what this guy thought.

anyway, ontothenextone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky