Terrence Samuel to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Don't forget Charlie V

Yeah, Catsailor updated me on that one. Can't believe I forgot about him! See, that's what I mean; we've hit the greater NYC talent pool so much over the last 12 years or so that I am forgetting about players we got that went to the NBA!!! Holy crap! :cool:

Reaction Score
And so it begins... Publicly at least, "When asked what he knows most about UConn basketball’s history and tradition, Terrence Samuel replied with just one word on Sunday: “Kemba.”" http://m.middletownpress.com/middletownpres/pm_108997/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=5rHt4vUg

What makes me laugh is that people still think recruits are choosing Kentucky at least in part because of their "long tradition". These kids have, at most, a 4 year perspective on "tradition".

Reaction Score
What makes me laugh is that people still think recruits are choosing Kentucky at least in part because of their "long tradition". These kids have, at most, a 4 year perspective on "tradition".
I don't know about that. Many of these recruits know which programs have long standing success. With that said, relationships with the coaches that are recruiting them, perceived PT, style of play, recent success and stability of the program are huge decision factors.

Reaction Score
Two more New York area players we forgot about, both in the pros. AJ Price was from Amityville on L.I. While Ben Gordon was from nearby Mt. Vernon.

Reaction Score
Wow! a PG. tasller than 5'11. It's been a while and being that he is a pass first guy makes it even more inviting.Good job getting this guy

Reaction Score
Two more New York area players we forgot about, both in the pros. AJ Price was from Amityville on L.I. While Ben Gordon was from nearby Mt. Vernon.

They were named in the article/quote.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if Samuel saw a significant jump by the end of the year. Facey is a good player, top 100. And those saying we can't get top 100 players after championships? 5 out of the 8 recruits since the 2011 season have been top 100. Drummond, Boatright, Daniels, Calhoun, and Facey. Nolan was the #23 PF, so he wasn't that far off. Tolksdorf is a player I don't know much about, and I believe Samuel to be a Lamb-type sleeper who was a 2* when he committed. Although, he was put to 4 stars shortly after.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we recruit extreme lenght to specific position like no other. nyc is uconn country.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

Then you missed my post... ;)

Reaction Score
Then you missed my post... ;)

Calhoun recruits talented players who buy in on both sides of teh ball. His style isn't for everybody; but he knows who he wants and how to build a team(obviously). Reminds me a lot of Herb Brooks with the 1980 Olympic hockey team. Not the most talented...but played the best together.

Reaction Score
Calhoun recruits talented players who buy in on both sides of teh ball. His style isn't for everybody; but he knows who he wants and how to build a team(obviously). Reminds me a lot of Herb Brooks with the 1980 Olympic hockey team. Not the most talented...but played the best together.

Well stated....he does sprinkle in the occasional stud which helps, but for the most part he's really good with a talented kids who need everything squeezed out them and willing to take it on the chin to get there.......

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

Why was this a response to one of my quotes?? I'm confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom