Terrence Samuel to South Florida | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel to South Florida

Reaction Score
During a season when we needed some toughness I have a distinct memory of TS knocking an opposing player on his -ss under the rim and picking up a technical, which I also recall - distinctly - fired me up because I thought that a little toughness went a long way at that point. And I have a distinct memory of winning it all, and this guy having some key baskets driving to the rim.

Nothing but positive feelings here.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Hopefully he drops 60 on sad little Cronin.
M73kk_s-200x150.gif

Reaction Score
good kid just not a good enough player for us.

Bulldung! That kid played better than a lot of guys that have come and gone through this program with bigger reps and more talent. He could play on my team any time.

Reaction Score
Huh? He's terrible. I thought he'd go lower level to play more minutes.

Not even sure what he's doing, but probably just wants to use last year of eligibility before he enters the "real world."

Lol I feel like Terrence could do better than this. Even if he's doing it just to be in Tampa.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Exposure? I don't think TS was all that bad as some in the Yard make him. He was young,fast, not afraid to take it to the basket. He would substitute periodically. I am in Penn State country. I viewed a couple of minutes of PS basketball all year. Never saw TS on the court. Maybe my timing was wrong. Unless they hit it right on the Big Ten Network you rarely saw them on TV. However, in my area, DirectTV and Comcast, The AAC was on CBS Sports Network and ESPN 1, 2, 3 or The Ocho (can't get enough) often. Maybe he wants the exposure. Not here to debate his round ball future. He will start for USF. Actually I am surprised the amount of players USF lost. Although not impressive this year, I thought they were young and will be decent in a couple of years playing together. Anyway, good luck Terrance!

Reaction Score
TSam had some huge moments as a Husky. I would take him back in a heartbeat. Perfect guy to come off the bench for 10 mpg. He was clutch against Villanova and Iowa State in 2014. Napier picked up two fouls in the first half against Nova but TSam got some momentum going with Boatright after we fell down by 10.

He is an awesome guy to have in practice, too, going against your lead guards to make them better. He's hard to stay in front when you're guarding him, tough to blow by when you're on offense, constantly going for the steal, pushing the tempo. Having those types of guys in practice matters. You take TSam and Kromah off that team and we probably don't win a title. You need those smaller pieces.

Yeah USF is going to tank next year for sure, but he'll get 30 mpg at USF next year, I bet. That will be huge for him to try to prove he's capable of playing pro ball in Europe.

Reaction Score
TSam is the secondary ball handler we lacked this year
I suspect the people who say he can't play at this level mean he can't be the primary guard.
That was obvious to most people but hard for him to accept.
He saw himself as one ,that was unfortunately for both of us.
Getting Adams off the ball even for 5 minutes a game,
a luxury even Kemba got to enjoy ,would have made this a different team.
He is certainly better than a lot of 4 and 5 guards who contributed to winning UConn teams
Good Luck to a hero of the the last NC.
Anyone who didn't feel our run in 2014 was short lived when Bazz got in foul trouble is lying. But TSam came off the bench and into UConn lore.,and saved the day ,for that we should all be grateful
Good Luck TSam

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If Carmelo Anthony didn't serve as a counterexample, I'd say that you could build an entire team around a guy with as many NC rings as Jim Boeheim.

Reaction Score
Exposure? I don't think TS was all that bad as some in the Yard make him. He was young,fast, not afraid to take it to the basket. He would substitute periodically. I am in Penn State country. I viewed a couple of minutes of PS basketball all year. Never saw TS on the court. Maybe my timing was wrong. Unless they hit it right on the Big Ten Network you rarely saw them on TV. However, in my area, DirectTV and Comcast, The AAC was on CBS Sports Network and ESPN 1, 2, 3 or The Ocho (can't get enough) often. Maybe he wants the exposure. Not here to debate his round ball future. He will start for USF. Actually I am surprised the amount of players USF lost. Although not impressive this year, I thought they were young and will be decent in a couple of years playing together. Anyway, good luck Terrance!
He was pretty bad but it wasn't his fault it was ours for recruiting him. Terrence would be fine in a Div. 2 program but expecting him to perform at Div 1 level is asking too much. His slow feet make him a liability on D and he cant score other than a layup. His passing and ball handling were below average. I know that he made a few key layups in the NCC run but the truth is nobody was guarding him as Bazz was getting all the attention. TS is a good kid who gave you all he had. He was able to get his degree paid for and that is good for the young man. I don't blame him if he wants to play one more year of college ball before he enters the workplace. He has the rest of his life to work.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That's taking it too far - he's not a DII player. If you need evidence of that, three DI programs have now signed him to their program.

He's just not a high-major player. Not skilled enough.

Reaction Score
I think this would likely be the first time in recorded history that someone did something "just to be in Tampa."

Haha yeah because Connecticut cities are just booming and have loads of entertainment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom