Tennessee vs South Carolina - 3/02/18 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Tennessee vs South Carolina - 3/02/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A foul shot discrepancy is not definitive proof of bias.

DePaul has taken fewer foul shots than its opponents, but I doubt refs are biased against them. Instead, the BD's style of offense draws fewer fouls than others.
UConn also has a large foul shot advantage.
the BD?

Reaction Score
I imagine that when UConn’s success comes down from its current stratospheric orbit and we start losing a few games a year, some of us will begin complaining more about referring too.

However, I think some of Tennessee’s fans have become quite professional in this regard. Some of the VolNation posters were griping about officiating in the Auburn game even though their team took 5 times as many foul shots!

Think I have to be a bit charitable because fan stands for fanatic.... and I have to respect extreme passion.... but Margo has gotten a bit tired.... almost always harping on the refs... seldom pointing out that bad calls happens on other side too..... and fan base griping about Nared injury (yes it is unfortunate... but Wilson played only 19 minutes also because of injury).... the funniest i remember was one of their fans lamented that last year.... LVs had to travel to Cancun to play tournament on the road and were fatigued because of the travel.... and of course no home team... other teams traveled and supposedly were fresh....

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
For example, on ESPNW this morning, the largest picture/story is about who? You guessed it. I'm glad that A'ja and TN/SC was the most exciting tournament game yesterday...
But at least it was WBB.
When it comes down to it, they want page views and articles about two teams with large fan bases will get views. I’m not saying that’s right, but that’s capitalism with all its faults.

Reaction Score
Commenting about ESPN's use of deceptive stats isn't an accusation of anti-UConn bias. It's an accusation that ESPN distorts facts to inflate the SEC's image. The comparison of Tenn's wins over S Carolina to those of UConn is one example. Another happened today in the Miss St - TAMU game. They talked about Miss St & UConn both being undefeated, stating first that even though UConn plays in a weak conference they play a lot of top level teams and then following that up by saying that Miss St plays in what is (according to the announcers) is the toughest conference, making the two schedules comparable and actually hinting that Miss St has had the tougher road as far as staying undefeated. What they fail to point out is that despite playing in a weak conference UConn's SOS is ranked from 2(Massey) to 4(Realtime RPI) while Miss St's on those same sites are 14(Massey) & 22(RealtimeRPI). UConn has no choice but to play their conference foes but what does this say about Vic's OOC scheduling? Of course this would lead to why they don't question Vic about his schedule looking a lot like Baylor's.

It isn't that ESPN dislikes UConn. It's just shilling in order to create some sort of equivalency between UConn and the rest of wcbb.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom