Tennessee vs Oregon State | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tennessee vs Oregon State

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
OSU's center having a field day. Not sure why they didn't do this all game. (well, they did go to her a lot in the first half but she missed a ton of layups.)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Unless Harrison blocks a shot, Tenn has no interior defense whatsoever. OSU now down 4 with 3 minutes left but hamblin fouls out.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
OSU not quite the same team it was earlier but LVs can't put them away. OSU needs to stop fouling, though

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A third OSU player fouls out :-\

Tenn up 70-63 with 1 min left and OSU deliberately fouling

Reaction Score
Announcers are SEC homers, not surprising on SEC network, but female calls Tenn relentless on board. Yes, but only for last 5 minutes of game. She had no comment on rebounding before.

Nell Fortner is the worst commentator ever ever ever.
I'm grateful that I have to watch the game on mute.

Reaction Score
Tenn pulling this one out...but watching this game makes me think it's more likely than not that Tenn will experience its fourth consecutive year of graduating seniors who will have not made it to the Final Four.

Reaction Score
Ore st didn't handle the pressure well. But a good experience for them to see it and learn from it.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I can't wait for the USC/Tennessee game; unfortunately I have to wait until late February.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Good win for the Vols, but how the heck did Oregon State keep the game close. Hamblin Oregon State's 6'6" starter had a miserable game as Oregon State had difficulty getting the ball into the low post. They have no quickness and should be susceptible to easy transition baskets by their opponents. Guess they're like last years BYU team which caused Geno's team problems for long stretches of the game.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Nan listened didn't see the game but gotta wonder. Tenn went to the line 25 more times, Oregon had 3 players foul out and one with 4. That's a good way to kill you defense. Reminds me of the ole days when a big game is played at Tenn.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Tennessee went to the free throw line 34 times but only made 22 for 65%. OSU had 28 fouls called on them.

Tennessee had 7 assists on 26 baskets. Shot 59 times for 44% shooting. Not bad but not very good. Rebounding edge to UT by 3. UT o - 3 from behind the arc.

Neither team showed any strong interior defense.

UT scrapped and won it. OSU had their opportunities and did not capitalize. Too many missed bunnies by their bigs.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nan listened didn't see the game but gotta wonder. Tenn went to the line 25 more times, Oregon had 3 players foul out and one with 4. That's a good way to kill you defense. Reminds me of the ole days when a big game is played at Tenn.
Majority of calls were legit with a few that could have been no calls. There were just a couple of bad calls, really, but I think that went both ways. OSU is very physical and got too aggressive at times, especially when the game started to get away from them.

If this game was played in the old Big East, though, no one fouls out :)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I know, and still don't understand how, except they are well coached and UNC is not. Oregon St. will make the tournament and finish in the upper tier of the PAC 12 but they are not a Top 10 team. IMHO Lady Vols should have blown them out.

Seton Hall (yes Seton Hall) blew out another pretender in Georgia who was also undefeated. Andy Landers team play weak OOC Schedule which enables them to have a Great record going into Conference play and then they fall by the way side.

And yet they crushed UNC.

Reaction Score
Rutgers Stanford and Oregon state do not make Murderer's Row necessarily, but a good win for Tennessee...... on to conference play!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom