Tennessee Recruiting Post-Holly (when it happens) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tennessee Recruiting Post-Holly (when it happens)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
@JordyG is "IT"-the next Lady vols era- going to happen on Monday now that "it"-the expected Lady vols exit has happened? I'm just trying to make sure I'm prepared with something appropriate from the top shelf to celebrate with.
View attachment 41266

Is permissible to celebrate by drinking milk?

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
What I found particularly upsetting was how so many fans on the Vol site were willing to blame Deshields for their lack of success, continually citing her lack of good decision making, calling her a ball hog, a low basketball IQ player, a cancer in the locker room and so on. Many at the time seemed blind to the fact that Holly had taken a #1 recruit (Mercedes Russell) and had failed to coach her into being an AA. To my knowledge she is the first women's coach ever to do that. Few noted how little Diamond's game had improved since her time at NC. Few noted how little any of her players improved any of their games while at Tenn. Honestly I wouldn't blame Diamond if she still feels a little resentment toward her time playing varsity ball there. Holly is a wonderful person and a great recruiter. She is a terrible coach, a terrible motivator and a terrible leader.
Holly was all those things before the present recruits signed with UT, including Horston, but they still were willing to commit. I don't understand it.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Milk IS adult for me. That is about as strong as I can handle except for maybe a cream soda. The most important thing is that there is a reason for celebrating. I hope that is not a bad attitude to have.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Only a few minutes after Lady Vols loss, Mechelle Voepel writes:
In August, Warlick received a three-year contract extension, which takes her through the 2021-22 season. The question remains, though, about whether Tennessee will part with Warlick before then.

Women's NCAA tournament 2019: Tennessee's disappointing season ends in first round

During the broadcast the announcers basically said Holly off season plan is to double down on Lady Vols tradition and getting back to boot style camps and more things like running outdoors like the Lady vols use to due under Pat. Is Holly really that delusional?
There was also an odd embrace between Cori and Holly at the end of the game. More like dead man walking so I'm going to give you a hug just in case.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Holly was all those things before the present recruits signed with UT, including Horston, but they still were willing to commit. I don't understand it.
Well fret no more. I expect Holly's resignation to be accepted by Wednesday, and no later than Wednesday after. Then let's watch the jailbreak of sophomores and LOI signees become a grab bag.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Only a few minutes after Lady Vols loss, Mechelle Voepel writes:
In August, Warlick received a three-year contract extension, which takes her through the 2021-22 season. The question remains, though, about whether Tennessee will part with Warlick before then.

Women's NCAA tournament 2019: Tennessee's disappointing season ends in first round

During the broadcast the announcers basically said Holly off season plan is to double down on Lady Vols tradition and getting back to boot style camps and more things like running outdoors like the Lady vols use to due under Pat. Is Holly really that delusional?
There was also an odd embrace between Cori and Holly at the end of the game. More like dead man walking so I'm going to give you a hug just in case.

She wrote it before the game started.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Is permissible to celebrate by drinking milk?
In my case it's almond milk, although I may actually stretch with a quad caramel macchiato, stomach permitting of course.

Reaction Score
Anything new on the Ayana Mitchell front?

Nope but the team meeting at the end of the year was spicy from what I heard. The team was pissed off that the coaches didn't want to play in the WNIT. Many of the players felt like the coaches "gave up" on them.

I don't think we hear anything about a transfer until after the NCAAT is over. That is how it unfolded with Chloe Jackson. Praying she doesn't leave but I know she was a bit frustrated with how the team has been run.

There is currently a lot of heat around the program right now. The boosters and other close to the program are working to get Nikki out. Its not a pretty situation right now.

JordyG

Reaction Score
LSU will gladly take her off Tennessee's hands :rolleyes:
I have to think that if she does ask for a release from her LOI then UConn is further toward the top than the potential dumpster fire brewing at LSU.

Reaction Score
Interesting

Attachments

• 4A7EBA1D-91EC-47D0-B481-0B11CD0B1B12.png
    4A7EBA1D-91EC-47D0-B481-0B11CD0B1B12.png
    280.8 KB · Views: 70
Reaction Score
Interesting
If this is truly the case & not post game blather, than these players should transfer. The notion after 7 years Holly is going to see the light and become a good coach to develop & utilize the players more effectively is very very very vey very very unlikely.

Reaction Score
Well fret no more. I expect Holly's resignation to be accepted by Wednesday, and no later than Wednesday after. Then let's watch the jailbreak of sophomores and LOI signees become a grab bag.

This is actually the rumor on the Lady Vols board

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
FWIW, volnation is almost uniformly taking Westbrook's side on this one, saying Holly threw them under the bus twice a week when they would lose and it's time to speak up and get Holly sent packing. Can't disagree...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom