Tennessee Lady Vols | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tennessee Lady Vols

Reaction Score
I'm glad Rikea has found a home in Knoxville and hope her final season is a good one for her.
I agree. I was very skeptical that things would work out for her at Tennessee. However she has really turned things around. The talent has always been there but her attitude change has been incredible. It is very encouraging to see young people develop and grow as individuals. I couldn’t be happier for her.

Reaction Score
What will be the score with team USA on Sunday?
I am going with:

Team USA: 84

Tennessee: 74

I can't wait to watch though. If the Lady Vols play with maximum effort and wins, this could really give them a lot of momentum going into the season. The Lady Vols should be impressive this season but I am talking REALLY impressive. Like top five and possible Final Four run. Y'all got some players. Just have to put it all together.

Reaction Score
I am going with:

I can't wait to watch though. If the Lady Vols play with maximum effort and wins, this could really give them a lot of momentum going into the season. The Lady Vols should be impressive this season but I am talking REALLY impressive. Like top five and possible Final Four run. Y'all got some players. Just have to put it all together.
74 points feels a little generous for Tennessee against some of the best players in the world. Most of the team USA players were All-Americans at the college level. Who does Tennessee have that have All-American potential? Rikea Jackson and Jewel Spear? Maybe Tamari Key? Unless Team USA gets very experimental with its lineups, I don't think Tennessee players will be used to the elite mix of length, physicality and athleticism to score 74 points.

Anyone know what rules will be used? NCAA, FIBA, WNBA?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I am going with:

I thought in the Carson Newman game. The offense looked pretty good. Tennessee has players who can score. No matter how the game goes today it won't count in the standings. I think the team will play hard. I expect Spear will play today. I expect team USA to win. This will be a good test to see where Tennessee is at this moment.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
74 points feels a little generous for Tennessee against some of the best players in the world. Most of the team USA players were All-Americans at the college level. Who does Tennessee have that have All-American potential? Rikea Jackson and Jewel Spear? Maybe Tamari Key? Unless Team USA gets very experimental with its lineups, I don't think Tennessee players will be used to the elite mix of length, physicality and athleticism to score 74 points.

I think NCAA rules.

Reaction Score

I am figuring this game will be like an all-star game. Neither team will want any of their players injured so I am going with a lot of ole style defense.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
USA 95 Tennessee 59 final
A few thoughts this is the best team Tennessee will play this season.
Key is still working back into game shape. When she gets there it will help.
Wells is good at running a team.
I think this team is going to be really good come March.

Reaction Score
Tennessee should have a really good season. They are somewhat under the radar on the national scale but are very much a final four contender. I expect a fierce battle between LSU, UT, and USC for top of the SEC. All three teams have 1 seed potential.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee should have a really good season. They are somewhat under the radar on the national scale but are very much a final four contender. I expect a fierce battle between LSU, UT, and USC for top of the SEC. All three teams have 1 seed potential.
I agree.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It's game day :)

Last edited:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I'm curious to see how the LVs perform tonight. Do you have a wish list for things you'd like to see?
Yes I think the team should win easily tonight. I would like to see improvement on the defensive end. Coach Harper said rebounding was a concern before the exhibition games. The team did out rebound team USA by one. Get everyone some playing time and most importantly no injuries.

Reaction Score
I am looking forward to watching this game. The Lady Vols should be okay and get the win. I am sure there will be some nerves and hiccups here and there. It is the first, official, game of the season. Best of luck, Lady Vols.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score

Spear and Striplin had 20 apiece to lead the way.

Reaction Score
Massey had Tennessee as 44 point favorites over #402 ranked Florida A&M.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom