Tennessee Lady Vols | The Boneyard

Tennessee Lady Vols

Reaction Score
Hi I am back. The season is about to start. I does feel a little weird that Tennessee and Uconn are playing in football.
The Lady Vols have a exhibition game tonight.

Who are your anticipated starters?

Reaction Score
Start season:
JP/Wells/E.Darby
Spear/Strickland/Wynn
T.Darby/Sara
Rickea/Strip
Jillian/TK
Come SEC time, maybe:
Wells/JP/E.Darby
Spear/T.Darby/Strickland/Wynn
Rickea/Sara/T.Darby/Wynn
Jillian/Sara/Strip
TK/Strip
But Kellie throws out crazy lineups so who really knows…

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee wins 105-72.
The best thing about tonight. Was Key back on the court. She isn't full go yet. It will take a little time. Game Sunday vs Team USA.

Reaction Score
Tennessee wins 105-72.
The best thing about tonight. Was Key back on the court. She isn't full go yet. It will take a little time. Game Sunday vs Team USA.
Is the injury to J Spear supposed to limit her once the regular season begins? I wasn’t sure if tonight was just a precaution or if she still isn’t ready. I watched a little and like D Wells.

Reaction Score
Is the injury to J Spear supposed to limit her once the regular season begins? I wasn’t sure if tonight was just a precaution or if she still isn’t ready. I watched a little and like D Wells.
Day to day with the ankle sprain, should be back soon. Same here on Wells.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It was a ankle injury to Spear. Wells will be a good addition. This just in Rickea Jackson is good at basketball.

Reaction Score
Wells is dynamic….

Reaction Score
UT will need to tighten up the defense, am sure they will, they have more offensive weapons this year. If they get Key back to 100% eventually they look really good.

Reaction Score
UT will need to tighten up the defense, am sure they will, they have more offensive weapons this year. If they get Key back to 100% eventually they look really good.
Key looked good in spurts tonight.

Reaction Score
If that's the actual uniform, then I question the UT marketing department. Also the Powder/Baby Blue craze is becoming too much lol.
Did I miss an emblem or something? How does the powder blue color honor Pat Summit? I'm sure there's some connection and I'm just missing it but now I'm curious.

Reaction Score
Did I miss an emblem or something? How does the powder blue color honor Pat Summit? I'm sure there's some connection and I'm just missing it but now I'm curious.
The LV teams, not just basketball but softball and other women's sports, would frequently use a light blue trim on their jerseys/uniforms. This was when there were seperate men's and women's athletic departments at UTK. A lot of the LV "brand" disappeared when the departments merged which they didn't until after Summitt had to step down for her health.

To answer your other question, I have no idea how light blue uniforms for football honors Summitt to be perfectly honest. The Alzheimer's Association color is purple, which I could see if they wanted to add purple socks or something.

My cynical self tells me UTK is the latest school to get caught up in the Light/Baby/Powder Blue trend. Ole Miss has gone off the deep end with using Powder Blue on everything and since those products sell, they will keep using it. I think it's dumb but that's just me.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The LV teams, not just basketball but softball and other women's sports, would frequently use a light blue trim on their jerseys/uniforms. This was when there were seperate men's and women's athletic departments at UTK. A lot of the LV "brand" disappeared when the departments merged which they didn't until after Summitt had to step down for her health.

To answer your other question, I have no idea how light blue uniforms for football honors Summitt to be perfectly honest. The Alzheimer's Association color is purple, which I could see if they wanted to add purple socks or something.

My cynical self tells me UTK is the latest school to get caught up in the Light/Baby/Powder Blue trend. Ole Miss has gone off the deep end with using Powder Blue on everything and since those products sell, they will keep using it. I think it's dumb but that's just me.

You are a quality poster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom