Tennessee at Notre Dame Thur | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Tennessee at Notre Dame Thur

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
True - it could easily be that. I thought that last year it may have just been the chemistry issues that were impacting the rest of the team, but MR seems to be playing pretty much the same as last year - maybe she's getting the ball a little more, but apart from that, something seems to be lacking.
As I said all of last year and at the beginning of this year, it ain't and wasn't DD. It was never "addition by subtraction".

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
As I said all of last year and at the beginning of this year, it ain't and wasn't DD. It was never "addition by subtraction".

I thought it was bizarre how quickly the fan base turned on her, after how much they hyped her for 2 or 3 years. The only constant has been the coach, if there is a problem in the program, that's probably where it begins and ends.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I bow to your clearly superior basketball and coaching knowledge (absolutely no sarcasm). But, I’d bet that even only one year under Geno and/or CD you would see a different Mercedes.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!! ;)

JordyG

Reaction Score
I thought it was bizarre how quickly the fan base turned on her, after how much they hyped her for 2 or 3 years. The only constant has been the coach, if there is a problem in the program, that's probably where it begins and ends.
When DD entered UT with her UNC classmate the amount of talent on that team was about what it is now. It is remarkable (not really) how Holly's teams continue to show the same offensive inadequacies and how her teams react to pressure. While rewatching the game it was easy to tell by the middle of the 4th quarter the UT players were gassed and ND was just flying by them. They weren't just being beaten up and down court, but couldn't stay with their marks off the dribble. Davis, Hayes and Russell were particular joggers time and time again on offense and defense. It's Holly and it has always been Holly.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I haven't seen any indication that Russell is effective in the high post as she doesn't seem to know what to do there. She hangs around the low post, hoping for a pass, but if she gets bodied out into no man's land she is completely out of the game.

I wish the kid had gotten some better coaching. She accomplishes what she does on raw talent.

I agree. She is pure talent and will be a better pro than college player.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I was finally able this morning to go back and watch the second half of this game. Really a stunning turnaround and comeback. I thought there was a very key sequence early in the 4th quarter, when Tennessee was up by 11, Russell missed two consecutive free throws and then Jackie Young got the rebound and went coast to coast for the layup to cut the lead to 9.

It was so much fun watching Tennessee collapse in the final 8 minutes of this game.

Question: When was the last time Notre Dame lost at home to anyone other than UConn?

JordyG

Reaction Score
Nurse has been crashing the boards a lot the last few games.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Spectrum is playing not nice with my picture today.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Temple is one well coached team. I wonder how that came to be?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom