Tenn v UConn | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Tenn v UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not sure about Florida, but then I hate Florida so what can I say?

yeah... florida blue is a little bit lighter than Syracuse, Illinois, and Auburn..... doesnt work quite as well

Reaction Score
Boy, the truth hurts and UCONN does not need Tenn anymore..........Too bad, it was an unbelievable run of games.......

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Whether or not the game would be competitive is irrelevant to its attractiveness. .
Mmm, I'm not sure that's true after the first five minutes of game time.
This is Yankees-Red Sox.
No, it's not and it's not even in the same universe.
The game would no longer be between the two best teams in the country but as theater there isn't anything close.
I'm afraid that ship has sailed and it was exactly that the game was between the two best teams in the nation that made it compelling in the first place.

The Connecticut/Tennessee rivalry has gone the way of Beanie Babies and Tamagotchi. They all were noteworthy in the 90's but Connecticut fans and the nation has moved on. Tennessee fans should as well.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The Connecticut/Tennessee rivalry has gone the way of Beanie Babies and Tamagotchi. They all were noteworthy in the 90's but Connecticut fans and the nation has moved on. Tennessee fans should as well.
Wait!!!! Beanie Babies are gone. So those full boxes I have in my attic that I was going to supplement my 401K with are worth what exactly?

CL82

Reaction Score
Wait!!!! Beanie Babies are gone. So those full boxes I have in my attic that I was going to supplement my 401K with are worth what exactly?
I'm just spit balling here but there may well be a market for them in Tennessee.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah, these 205 posts indicate just that. :rolleyes:
Eliminate the Vol posts and this thread doesn't go to a second page.

Reaction Score
Why doesn't someone [I don't know how] set up a simple poll?
Should we play TENN? Yes or no. No more discussion.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm afraid that ship has sailed and it was exactly that the game was between the two best teams in the nation that made it compelling in the first place.

You nailed it. The comparison on the men's side is UConn and UMass. When they finally played it was a big yawn.

Reaction Score
I have no beef with the average LV fan. My contempt is for the Tin Foil Hat Brigade.

I've gotten all kinds of nasty PMs from them, one condemning me to eternal damnation because of my defense of UConn. Crazy people.
Well, Nan..if you are going to hell make sure you let us know about ticket availabilty. That's gonna be one hot game.
:cool:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well, Nan..if you are going to hell make sure you let us know about ticket availabilty. That's gonna be one hot game.
:cool:
There are days it feels I'm already there. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member