Tenn @ LSU [MERGED THREAD] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tenn @ LSU [MERGED THREAD]

Reaction Score
Holly Warlord is the best coach in the history of wcbb and deserves at least a 10 year extension.You listening to me Fullmer? Keep her there.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Holly Warlord is the best coach in the history of wcbb and deserves at least a 10 year extension.You listening to me Fullmer? Keep her there.

sarcasem meter.jpg

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
How Fulmer handles this, assuming the Lady Vols don't reach the Promised Land, will be an interesting study in the tug of war between personal concerns for those you supervise and for whom you have personal fondness, versus your perception of what you need to do professionally.

Assuming that reports that he and Holly have a strong personal bond are accurate, I personally think his first loyalty needs to be to the institution. His salary along with cash perks are over $600,000 a year - and while that isn't as much as many other AD's earn - it is still enough that you better make sure that Tennessee athletics are performing as smoothly as possible. It might be easier to take personal feelings into consideration at a Div 3 school, but not at a major Div 1 university.

Reaction Score
Holly is an ok coach and a great recruiter (and by all accounts a really really nice person) but she is not a great coach and most probably never be one. So, the question is what direction TN wants to go. Do they want to be a good team with NCAA appearances every year and being a top 10-25 team? If that is the case, Holly is good enough! However, if they want to be a top 5 team and compete for championships or Final 4 appearances on a regular basis , they need to look for another coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom