Tenn 48, Rutgers 21...12:46 left in game | The Boneyard

Tenn 48, Rutgers 21...12:46 left in game

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Twenty-one points in 19 minutes, 14 seconds. Ouch.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Been a while since I was in school, but isn't that 21 points in 27 minutes 14 seconds?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Two offensively challenged teams. One severely so.

With yesterday's defensive effort, could we keep Rutgers to under 20? Under 10? :)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Having Harrison back healthy has helped.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Having Harrison back healthy has helped.
I'm glad for Harrison but I wouldn't read too much into this game. RU has struggled to score this season and averages only 58 points a game.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Oliver went down late in the first half, and didn't return. Our Point Guard situation needs to get better asap!

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I wish CVS would stop scheduling big road games as the first game back from Christmas vacation after having 9 days off. Really would have liked to have this game earlier or later in the season. Oh well.

Onto BE play.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Oliver went down late in the first half, and didn't return. Our Point Guard situation needs to get better asap!
Interesting that after Oliver went down, RU basically outplayed Tennessee by 1 point in the 2nd half. Stringer couldn't seem to settle on any kind of rotation as 8 players had over 10 minutes and 2 had 9 minutes each. Or maybe she was trying to wear Tennessee down?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The CVS haters are out on the RU board.

For this particular game, the biggest fault was that RU came out and was flat, to Tennessee's hyper energy. According to the announcers, the RU players were not following the game plan that the announcers understood from CVS. I have often thought that is an issue - why can't CVS get her players to execute game plans.

Second, RU won the 2nd half (barely) - but worth noting. Step up game by Copper, especially.

Point guard and bad passes and poor decisions continue to be an issue.

Personally disappointed in Wheeler (who hit 3's after it didn't matter) and Laney, who I feel has never shown the ability to hit the broad side of a barn although some say her defense is excellent.

Also want to remember that Canty might be RU's most talented guard, turns out she was hampered last year and out this year with the knee. Could have helped??

About all I plan to say or think about.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I'm glad for Harrison but I wouldn't read too much into this game. RU has struggled to score this season and averages only 58 points a game.
I thought the defense set the tone early in the game. I know Rutgers is more known for defense than offense. Holly had this to say after the Davidson game We've got to make sure we trust that if I'm guarding the ball, that I have four people helping me. Because really it's team defense and that's what we're trying to stress. I'm not the only one guarding the ball, its five people. When we get that and understand the importance of being aggressive and dictating, then we're going to be a great basketball team."

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Interesting that after Oliver went down, RU basically outplayed Tennessee by 1 point in the 2nd half. Stringer couldn't seem to settle on any kind of rotation as 8 players had over 10 minutes and 2 had 9 minutes each. Or maybe she was trying to wear Tennessee down?

CVS has used the bench a lot this season, so it wasn't that big of a surprise that she used so many players.

Reaction Score
I thought the defense set the tone early in the game. I know Rutgers is more known for defense than offense. Holly had this to say after the Davidson game We've got to make sure we trust that if I'm guarding the ball, that I have four people helping me. Because really it's team defense and that's what we're trying to stress. I'm not the only one guarding the ball, its five people. When we get that and understand the importance of being aggressive and dictating, then we're going to be a great basketball team."

Yeah, it's all about being aggressive and dictating - then Tenn will be a GREAT basketball team. Just as a question, since everyone's definition of GREAT is a little different, give me the name of a current team that Tenn will morph to so they are GREAT. Baylor, Stanford, Uconn, Duke, ND, Chattanooga, who?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Talk, talk, talk. When they start to consistantly perform to their talent I'll be impressed.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It was a tough blow not to have Harrison in Baylor game. We saw today how important she is. She is the most improved player from last years team.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It was a tough blow not to have Harrison in Baylor game. We saw today how important she is. She is the most improved player from last years team.

She would have made ZERO difference in the Baylor game. But she does help and has improved from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom