Temple | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Temple

Reaction Score
not going the the game, but i’ll be rockin a uconn t @ a bar

if it’s not the iggles, you’re usually safe in this savage town

Reaction Score
It was after a Flyers game that fans beat up a New York cop who had the audacity to be at one of the cheesesteak stands wearing a Rangers jersey.

ha forgot about the flyers. pretty sure gritty assaulted a kid

Reaction Score
Temple not as bad as the first game but I do think Akok had a lot to do with their loss of aggressiveness on the interior. They will be a different team at home but a real big game for this team moving forward. They all are right?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It was after a Flyers game that fans beat up a New York cop who had the audacity to be at one of the cheesesteak stands wearing a Rangers jersey.
In fairness To time and setting the old “ blue seats” at msg were a no go land for anyone wearing a bruins, flyers , islanders jersey in msg when I grew up going to 35 games a year there in late 70’s early 80’s. I was at the game that bruins ( milbury ) climbed the glass and ripped off a ranger fans shoe and beat him over head with it because ranger fans were throwing . Hockey was something else. But yeah philly fans are worst. Always have been, still are.

Reaction Score
St Joe's kicked our butts. They were up by 27 points during the game. They were the better team. Hard to explain. But it is a reality. There are no do-overs. Just insane.

Reaction Score
Thinking about driving up from Delaware for the game. Anyone been there?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Thinking about driving up from Delaware for the game. Anyone been there?

I went there when Boatright went off at Temple but UConn got outplayed. Its a little arena with some decent Philly cheese steaks ....

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Bouknight is going to go off for 30.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
No chatter on Temple. They won vs SMU and WSU earlier in the year but hit a wall as of late. They don’t play well against good defensive teams, poor offense efficiency. I think Akok had 4 blocks last time we played them. Hopefully not a trap game, we shall see. Akok ‘s injury is going.

I’m not sure if we are going to go big with Whaley or with the 4 guard lineup. It will be a tough test that Hurley needs to figure out but we have a light schedule so I’m confident he will figure it out the rest of the way. NEED to stay healthy and use the guys we have so we are in mint condition for AAC tournament.

thoughts?
I agree about being a trap game. Yesterday was full of upsets. We are not looking that bad now. WE have a lite schedule coming up. We need to really concentrate on ALL games. No shoe in games in the ACC of late.

Reaction Score
I hope we start Sid. I think it gives more flexibility with having Whaley as a sub at the 4 or 5. Also allows Gilbert and Adams to stay in their roles.
Part of me hopes that the start lights a fire and motivates Sid too.

Reaction Score
I hope we start Sid. I think it gives more flexibility with having Whaley as a sub at the 4 or 5. Also allows Gilbert and Adams to stay in their roles.
Part of me hopes that the start lights a fire and motivates Sid too.

I would be shocked if we did this. But I agree it makes some sense.

My guess is we start Whalley and Carlton, use Sid before we go to 4 guards, and then late in each half when teams are in the bonus and foul shooting matters go four guards.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
St Joe's kicked our butts. They were up by 27 points during the game. They were the better team. Hard to explain. But it is a reality. There are no do-overs. Just insane.
Every team plays one game during the season where they play way over their norm or way below their norm
Unfortunately UConn seems to see teams playing the former than the later
UConn loves to make a star out of individuals who are usually meh - it's just in the Storrs blood

C

Chief00

I would be shocked if we did this. But I agree it makes some sense.

My guess is we start Whalley and Carlton, use Sid before we go to 4 guards, and then late in each half when teams are in the bonus and foul shooting matters go four guards.
I agree, I would be shocked if Sidney started. He has a very narrow window opening now to built the trust of his coaches. I hope Sidney succeeds, he has certain talents, but he needs to convince his coach he will make the commitment to team and the style of play that wins games. That includes focus in practice and taking care of business off the court.
Chief knows that CV is trying to encourage him to make some changes/commitments too, at this point he needs maximum effort and focus.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I've always loved this song (I separate art from artist)

omg. u hit a cosmic nerve here. running joke from childhood - 'hey pops, what's for dinner tonite?' 'raggets, rolls, and some grzzimahs, ha, ha, ha.' ??? grzzimahs? what the heck is that? do they taste good? 'watch the show, kid. here's the dvd. it's better than white shadow.' so I did, and I too thought that tune is a good one. then I watched a lot of his other stuff like the 60s spy thing, uptown saturday night, etc. luved the cartoon, but when you grow up with friends named 'weird harold,' I guess the possibilities of getting brain damage as he got older become likely. whooo lawd, can you even have a character named 'fat albert' today?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
In fairness To time and setting the old “ blue seats” at msg were a no go land for anyone wearing a bruins, flyers , islanders jersey in msg when I grew up going to 35 games a year there in late 70’s early 80’s. I was at the game that bruins ( milbury ) climbed the glass and ripped off a ranger fans shoe and beat him over head with it because ranger fans were throwing # 2. Hockey was something else. But yeah philly fans are worst. Always have been, still are.

Philly is the worst, but Dolphins fans didn't fare well in the old Schaeffer stadium in Foxborough. It was a dump, tickets were cheap and the fanbase....well the place was named after a cheap beer. That says a lot as to who was there.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Philly is the worst, but Dolphins fans didn't fare well in the old Schaeffer stadium in Foxborough. It was a dump, tickets were cheap and the fanbase....well the place was named after a cheap beer. That says a lot as to who was there.
'it's the one beer to have, when you're having more than one.'
can you even say that today?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger