Temple | The Boneyard

Temple

Reaction Score
No chatter on Temple. They won vs SMU and WSU earlier in the year but hit a wall as of late. They don’t play well against good defensive teams, poor offense efficiency. I think Akok had 4 blocks last time we played them. Hopefully not a trap game, we shall see. Akok ‘s injury is going.

I’m not sure if we are going to go big with Whaley or with the 4 guard lineup. It will be a tough test that Hurley needs to figure out but we have a light schedule so I’m confident he will figure it out the rest of the way. NEED to stay healthy and use the guys we have so we are in mint condition for AAC tournament.

thoughts?

Reaction Score
I think this is a big test for this team. If we were healthy it'd be a different story, but we're not. Missing two key players and playing on the road makes this a tough win. Saying that, of our last 6 games five are vs the worst five teams in the league standings. Here's to going on a roll!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
We’re favored by 1pt on Kenpom. Temple is typically tough @ home. They’re similar to us in that they’re pretty bad (ok, horrific) offensively and a good to very-good defensive team.

They also beat St. Joe’s by over 40. Doomed.

Reaction Score
UConn will be a one point favorite according to KenPom so it's basically a pick-em.

Reaction Score
Honestly very nervous about this game. Typical trap game. Hope we get through it, but ill be interested to see what vegas lines it at.
Me too, especially how this is a payback game for Temple. Sunday was a very emotional game for our players and coaches. I would not be surprised if we came out flat.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Should be entertaining, if not frustrating, considering the "what if"'s. Hopefully UConn pulls it out and will be half way to securing a winning regular season.

Reaction Score
Can't come out flat, those days should be gone forever. Trap game I don't see it we aren't there yet for a trap game. Road game also so they need to come out totally ready. I love this team as does the boneyard. Injuries, no depth and youth and they keep on fighting. Hurley is doing the job and getting better, alot too look forward to

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I believe Hurley has changed the culture enough as to expect them to come out ready to play every game, with that said they can still be cold shooting early or not but effort & purpose will be evident from the start.
With 4 days to get them refocused and prepared, I think they will be ready to play hard. They can sense that they have turned a corner and are on a mission.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Really hope Sid can go in this game and give us some minutes. I don't like the idea of playing Temple with 7 guys, four of them guards. I'd rather keep the Adams at PF lineup for situations where we have a late lead and expect to be fouled.

I hope the team galvanizes after the Akok injury and comes out firing on all cylinders. Temple isn't a good offensive team so jumping out to a lead against them will really put their back against the wall.

Reaction Score
Really hope Sid can go in this game and give us some minutes. I don't like the idea of playing Temple with 7 guys, four of them guards. I'd rather keep the Adams at PF lineup for situations where we have a late lead and expect to be fouled.

I hope the team galvanizes after the Akok injury and comes out firing on all cylinders. Temple isn't a good offensive team so jumping out to a lead against them will really put their back against the wall.

This. Four guards can be played in certain situations, but it's not a plan for 40 minutes. If you are playing Whalley and Carlton together, as will happen, they can't both be standing outside doing nothing on offense. There is no alternative when they're both in than to let Carlton post up and get the ball. You can try to have him pass out of it more and shoot less, but you can't have two offensive players just standing around and expect the other three can get decent looks.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Hurley will have the boys locked and loaded. The rest of the season will be fought for Akok. I think we’ll take care of business and finish the season 5-1 and be 19-12 heading into the conference tournament.

UConn by 4 in another close game.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
We’re favored by 1pt on Kenpom. Temple is typically tough @ home. They’re similar to us in that they’re pretty bad (ok, horrific) offensively and a good to very-good defensive team.

They also beat St. Joe’s by over 40. Doomed.

St. Joes is 5-21

they just won their first a10 game of YEAR this week.

Lololol

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
UConn rolls 77-59.

Hard to believe we can all be this optimistic considering 2 of our starters are done for the year with injuries and a 3rd (our only AA) is basically relegated to the bench. Bottom line is that the second team (Bouk Gaff and PChop) have gotta come up big every game going forward.

I believe!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom