Temple vs USF | The Boneyard

Temple vs USF

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
USF is up 22-14 with 1:02 left in the first quarter.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The sportscasters, Tiffany Greene and Fran Harris, mentioned that Temple plays UConn on Wednesday and that last night's game might give them confidence. One of them said,"Confidence, if not hope", then they both had a pretty good laugh. Compliments on UConn's great season followed. I guess they are unfazed by last night's game.

Greene s an experienced journalist and sportscaster and Harris won a women's hoops national championship at Texas. Guess they know what they're talking about. I am enjoying the way they're calling the USF-Temple game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Temple is a much more athletic team than USF and so far in this game it shows.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Don't look now but Temple is up by two with 3:41 left in the game. Game is at USF

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The sportscasters, Tiffany Greene and Fran Harris, mentioned that Temple plays UConn on Wednesday and that last night's game might give them confidence. One of them said,"Confidence, if not hope", then they both had a pretty good laugh. Compliments on UConn's great season followed. I guess they are unfazed by last night's game.

Greene s an experienced journalist and sportscaster and Harris won a women's hoops national championship at Texas. Guess they know what they're talking about. I am enjoying the way they're calling the USF-Temple game.

I don't know if I'd ever heard Fran Harris commentate. She's really good.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Temple up 72-67 with 41 seconds left, USF fouling

Plebe

Reaction Score
Temple was down 3 but just went on a 10-0 run to take a 7-point lead. They're gonna win this thing.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Sets up a nice test next Wednesday with Temple, now a clear #2 in the AAC, at #1 UConn.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Temple's guard play, speed and confidence in their 3 pt shooting will make this game quite tough even at home.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Huge win for Owls. Now clear #2 in conference. They could be a 6 or 7 seed.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Wonderful in for Temple
They were caught and passed with a couple left but just kept their poise and hit shots.
And Laksa took some really undisciplined shots.
For all her talent , at times, she's just another chucker.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Temple's guard play, speed and confidence in their 3 pt shooting will make this game quite tough even at home.
The defense was very good, too.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
OK so I watched pretty much the entire game. It was an amazing display of teams scoring when they actually ran offense. Temple took the lead and went on runs when USF stopped running offense and relied on 1-on-1 play. USF was down 9 in the 4th quarter and surged to the lead in part because Temple stopped running offense and relied on 1-on-1 play (you could see them starting to panic).

At times both teams looked really good - lots of offense and offensive sets run... and at times, they both looked just terrible (like they had never played with their teammates before). Just goes to show how incredibly hard it is to get a team to play great TEAM ball for 4o minutes.

Either way congrats to Temple. They should be solidly in the top 25 now and are improving their seed for the NCAA's. Definitely trending upwards! Congrats to Tonya and her team for a terrific win. I expect a battle on Wednesday, even tho the game is at UCONN...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The real question is..... does USF slip out of the polls now? :rolleyes:
I don't know. Lot of teams ranked in the bottom half of the top 25 have gone down today. They can't all drop out.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

I'm surprised they've been ranked. Lousy sched. and no wins against good teams. The season started with them getting a reputation ranking but they don't look like the same South Florida we have seen.

Reaction Score
Temple scored around 50 points vs.Uconn in the second half with Kia Nurse guarding one of their guards in their first meeting.If Temple gets that offensive juggernaut rolling and Uconn has a Tulanish performance then it just might be "holy crappola Batman".

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Temple scored around 50 points vs.Uconn in the second half with Kia Nurse guarding one of their guards in their first meeting.If Temple gets that offensive juggernaut rolling and Uconn has a Tulanish performance then it just might be "holy crappola Batman".

Not saying it's impossible but the kind of really poor play we saw from UCONN in the Tulane game is pretty rare. They may not get back to January form but I'll bet they will be a lot better even without Kia.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm surprised they've been ranked. Lousy sched. and no wins against good teams. The season started with them getting a reputation ranking but they don't look like the same South Florida we have seen.

Actually, USF wasn't ranked in the preseason. Cracked the top 25 in week 5. Sometimes it's not about who you beat, but who other teams ahead of you lose to.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I confess to being concerned. Their back court is good: quick and athletic. Chong and Danger better wear their best shoes.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Well, the # ranked teams at 15, 16, 20, 21, and 23 also lost, so I expect they'll stay in - not too many impressive candidates to move up and replace them.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well, the # ranked teams at 15, 16, 20, 21, and 23 also lost, so I expect they'll stay in - not too many impressive candidates to move up and replace them.

I expect Kentucky to be back in the rankings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom