Temple vs Houston AAC title game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Temple vs Houston AAC title game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How would the boneyard react if this was Uconn instead of Temple?

Take a wild guess.

mushroom-cloud-624x467.jpg

Reaction Score
Forget the snaps. If Diaco let the clock run down to 3 seconds and then called a TO with less than 3 min left chasing 11?
Should have been more specific about not just the snaps, but the whole chain of events.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Get lost kid. You've got a good football team...just not as good as UConn.

Reaction Score
Still more people than ANY UCONN game within the last 3-4 years. I also guarantee we will take more than 20 fans to our major bowl game unlike UCONN.

Thanks for hanging around our board just to post that. Now finish your homework.

Reaction Score
Good grief. UH is handing out tix to people in street and giving them a red shirt to wear. And still only 30k.

Reaction Score
Why are they fortunate? Isn't that just called playing football?

Yes that's my point exactly. It was said by Whaler that our touchdown vs Houston was "fortunate"--a miracle. It was merely a football play we pulled off. If we hadn't it would have been a play we blew.

Reaction Score
Yes that's my point exactly. It was said by Whaler that our touchdown vs Houston was "fortunate"--a miracle. It was merely a football play we pulled off. If we hadn't it would have been a play we blew.
That explains it. I have banished whaler from my view. I don't know why anyone else would view his garbage.

Reaction Score
Still more people than ANY UCONN game within the last 3-4 years. I also guarantee we will take more than 20 fans to our major bowl game unlike UCONN.

We took more than 20 fans to the Fiesta. Has UH ever been in a major bowl game? How long has UH been playing major college football? Think UH could have done it in the time WE did it?

Reaction Score

Way to stir the pot CH. I'll fire up the UCONN time machine and you can sit next to me and see what we have been going through the last 4 years. Then throw in the weather we get at the end of the year and you can EAT ME! Look at the photos of the Fiesta Bowl and start counting the blue shirt fans. Good luck in your Bowl though, I will be rooting for the Coogs and all conference mates. Lets kick some butt!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

My take on Bowl was simply that UConn fans are pragmatic. Why bother with $150 ticket from the school's allotment and an overpriced "official" chain hotel when you can buy a ticket for far less on the secondary market, stay out at Camelback and eat at Vincent's for the same price.

fwiw, the number of Husky fans was closer to 20K than 20.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That explains it. I have banished whaler from my view. I don't know why anyone else would view his garbage.

Always nice when a dimwit tells me that.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Temple can't move against Houston's defense--we did. Temple can't force turnovers --we did.
And we have an overall better defense (other than #8) than Temple. So what's your point--that Houston has a better QB? Their back up wasn't bad and was touted coming into our game. You don't want to recognize the reality. As I said before, if you want to trade our talent for Temple (as you said before)--then unlike Bo--you don't know football.
First off Nostical, props on picking Houston to win this game. I thought Temple was the better team but not today, so good call on your part. As for the rest of the above, I'll pass on the cheap rhetorical bait of 'trading rosters', I like our kids , and staff, and wouldn't trade them for Alabama's. That being said, there is no imaginable metric that can lead you to truly believe that our 6-6 team is better than Temple's 10-3 team this year. We may be heading there, we may have kids on the roster that will end up being better but we are not better today. For the record, we didn't move the ball any better against Houston than Temple did, we had one drive and one trick play. 20 points on four turnovers is not crushing it. Houston played solid D in both games, even though we think of them as an Offensive team.. Ward only threw for 80-some yards today.

Reaction Score
First off Nostical, props on picking Houston to win this game. That being said, there is no imaginable metric that can lead you to truly believe that our 6-6 team is better than Temple's 10-3 team this year.

Thanks for that. Look, before the season, when I bet BIG on UConn to win more than 3 games this year some thought me silly. When I bet on Clemson (on Sept 1st) to win the NC (odds were $100 to win $2000) I was considered crazy, as they were ranked 12th pre-season. So I'm used to the pushback by non-believers. And I have no problem with that. As for Temple, I'm not saying we were better than the Owls this year. The records prove that. I simply believe (and some have contested) that our talent is as good as theirs and I wouldn't trade ours for theirs (except for #8). And yes I will be betting on us when we play them next fall.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Thanks for that. Look, before the season, when I bet BIG on UConn to win more than 3 games this year some thought me silly. When I bet on Clemson (on Sept 1st) to win the NC (odds were $100 to win $2000) I was considered crazy, as they were ranked 12th pre-season. So I'm used to the pushback by non-believers. And I have no problem with that. As for Temple, I'm not saying we were better than the Owls this year. The records prove that. I simply believe (and some have contested) that our talent is as good as theirs and I wouldn't trade ours for theirs (except for #8). And yes I will be betting on us when we play them next fall.

So you think the difference between UConn and Temple is as simple as Bob Diaco vs. Matt Rhule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom