Temple vs Houston AAC title game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Temple vs Houston AAC title game

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not a single person said over three or Clemson were bad bets. Maybe that is the problem - you don't speak English.

Reaction Score
Not a single person said over three or Clemson were bad bets. Maybe that is the problem - you don't speak English.

Yo no comprendo. Cual es su pregunta?

Reaction Score
The key to Temple's success this year was a veteran roster. The both the starting offense and defense had five seniors (many redshirt SR), the offense line had three seniors. Many more seniors were littered on the two deep. UConn had six total seniors in the starting line (if you start Vann over Walsh) up but only one was on offense, Samra. It makes a difference.

Anyway senior depth and leadership were the keys to Temple's season. I expect a significant drop off defensively next year.

BTW, I did predict UH wins easily and if they hadn't shut it down after 24-3, it gets worse. So if Nostical gets credit, I want it too.

Reaction Score
If only he were right about our talent level.

Actually I am. We will beat both Temple and Houston next year and play in the AAC Championship game. You think our talent isn't there? You really believe that? Show me the money. I'll take my predictions. You give me 30-1 odds. Game on.

Reaction Score
Actually I am. We will beat both Temple and Houston next year and play in the AAC Championship game. You think our talent isn't there? You really believe that? Show me the money. I'll take my predictions. You give me 30-1 odds. Game on.

Don't you think making bold predictions when we don't even know what the rosters will look like next year is a little silly?

You are way too entrenched in the parent tailgate to have an objective opinion. Half the time I think you're trolling. The team was better than I thought they'd be, but they weren't nearly as good as you've preached all year long.

Reaction Score
Still more people than ANY UCONN game within the last 3-4 years. I also guarantee we will take more than 20 fans to our major bowl game unlike UCONN.
UCONN vs Michigan - 42,704. More than any game ever played at TDECU or whatever the that place is called.

Reaction Score
I think we will be better next year and I also think we should beat Temple who is losing half of their starters. That being said, regarding the Temple players that were actually on the field in 2015 were better at playing football than ours.

"Talent" is such a nebulous term. When it wins great. When it doesn't you blame the coaches. It's not actually provable.

I like our team. In general I think we have a nice roster. I don't have roster envy from any of the other AAC teams.

I will say this. If the OL can't get substantially better in 2016 we won't win more than 6-7 games.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Really going out on a ledge asking for 30-1 odds. Super confident.

Reaction Score
Really going out on a ledge asking for 30-1 odds. Super confident.

I am confident. It's not me those odds are for. It's you who feels we don't have the talent. If you're so sure take the odds.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I am confident. It's not me those odds are for. It's you who feels we don't have the talent. If you're so sure take the odds.

You've talked yourself in circles so far you've stopped even making sense.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I think a lot of people took the over 3 wins. That remains my largest play of the season.

Reaction Score
You've talked yourself in circles so far you've stopped even making sense.
Alright, let me straighten you out. You don't see our talent for what it is. I do. You saw my prediction. So I'll pay you $100 if I'm wrong. You pay me $3,000 if I'm right. Is that a straight enough circle for you?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Alright, let me straighten you out. You don't see our talent for what it is. I do. You saw my prediction. So I'll pay you $100 if I'm wrong. You pay me $3,000 if I'm right. Is that a straight enough circle for you?

Why would I give 30-1 odds to someone who is so wildly confident?

Why would I give 30-1 odds against my team so I would root against them?

Are you off your meds or something.

If you are going to challenge people based off your insane opinions - making them offer 30-1 in your favor MAKES LESS SENSE THAN ANYTHING ELSE YOU'VE POSTED.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
On top of the fact that you've turned the conversation FROM THIS YEAR'S TEAM (i would trade for Temple's 2015 roster) TO NEXT YEAR'S team which like Jimmy told you... um it might be a bit early to start making declarations about.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think a lot of people took the over 3 wins. That remains my largest play of the season.

No they didn't. Everyone thought that bet was crazy.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
As for Temple, I'm not saying we were better than the Owls this year. The records prove that. I simply believe (and some have contested) that our talent is as good as theirs and I wouldn't trade ours for theirs (except for #8). And yes I will be betting on us when we play them next fall.
See, here's the disconnect. If you want to talk future talent or potential talent then I'm totally down with you. Yes this team may become more talented than Temple but it is not so today. If you say that it is 'as talented' or 'more talented' today, then you have to figure out where the blame lies for them not winning as opposed to simply accepting that they are not quite ready but getting there. In my, admittedly shaky, memory, this year-long discussion started with you calling out the coaching staff for holding the team back from its' talent potential. That is the only part of your line of thought that I have trouble accepting.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
See, here's the disconnect. If you want to talk future talent or potential talent then I'm totally down with you. Yes this team may become more talented than Temple but it is not so today. If you say that it is 'as talented' or 'more talented' today, then you have to figure out where the blame lies for them not winning as opposed to simply accepting that they are not quite ready but getting there. In my, admittedly shaky, memory, this year-long discussion started with you calling out the coaching staff for holding the team back from its' talent potential. That is the only part of your line of thought that I have trouble accepting.

Is there a disconnect that somehow betting on a team next year against a team that loses like 25 seniors somehow compares their 'talent' the prior season?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Is there a disconnect that somehow betting on a team next year against a team that loses like 25 seniors somehow compares their 'talent' the prior season?
That's probably a good bet more often than not, if you can find someone to take it. I just think the argument has morphed from the original " we have the talent to win now if the coaches would get of the way" to "we have talent that will be better next year than theirs was this year."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom