Temple Postgame Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Temple Postgame Thread

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Aubrey was getting every call and Megan, who was getting mugged, hardly got anything. It has to be tough on coaches (for both teams) going into the game assuming that the officiating is not going to be very good.

Megan was fouled hard on a layup attempt early in the game with the ref standing three feet from the play and did not call it. Hearing her complain was unusual but I understand her frustration.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Cincy just knocked off Memphis 94-52. Cincy will play UCF tomorrow in the nightcap game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ono has two issues - the elbow hook/push and the defensive swat and they lead to a lot of silly fouls.

If she can fix those two items (and they are both very fixable) over the summer, she'll be a real "nasty piece of business" next season, as she will stay on the floor longer, only coming out for a blow. Geno has said many times that UConn is a different team when she's on the floor. Incoming freshman 6'5" Piath Gabriel will be here next season. There's no way of knowing (right now) how soon she'll be ready to play. Geno could sure use her during the OOC portion of the schedule. :)
I think Edwards can spell her too next year because she is very athletic. Those are her two main weaknesses that lead to fouls as you point out. if she fixes both of those, develops that jump hook and a simple fall away jumper without the dribble to set it up no one in the country will be able to stop her.

Reaction Score
Overall an entertaining game. Felt a bit off as I thought the defense was not quite as effective as the past few games. If Aubrey could make a layup watch out
That,s because she doesn’t shoot a jump shot on her put backs, only a layup. A jump shot is a more controlled release shot with her hanging in the air to direct the shot. She will have it by next year and it will make her a terror.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That,s because she doesn’t shoot a jump shot on her put backs, only a layup. A jump shot is a more controlled release shot with her hanging in the air to direct the shot. She will have it by next year and it will make her a terror.
Looking at our recruits in this context, Mir has a nice double-pump shot in traffic. I think she'll make most of her layups next year. Saylor has the ability to score through contact. She's actually rather strong.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Looking at our recruits in this context, Mir has a nice double-pump shot in traffic. I think she'll make most of her layups next year. Saylor has the ability to score through contact. She's actually rather strong.
Add Aaliyah and Paige to the list of players who can score through contact. Aaliyah is a strong, physical player who can score with either hand at the basket. As for Paige, she is one of those unique players that, even after she leaves the floor, maintains great body control, can move the ball between her hands and alter her arm position to make a layup, all while getting hammered by an opponent.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I think we'll all be interested to see which one of the incoming freshmen will learn the system the fastest and get on the floor first.

1583681805140.png

Nika Muhl has the advantage of playing at a higher level overseas. That may or may not get her any special recognition or consideration. I doubt it. If anything, Geno will expect more from her. You can bet she's not coming this far from home (Croatia) to sit on the bench. She'll be another "arrow" in Geno's quiver next year.

Who will have separated themselves from the pack, and had the BIGGEST influence on the team and the most minutes played by the Christmas break? :eek: We'll see. This will be a hot topic item for debate over the summer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Edwards can spell her too next year because she is very athletic. Those are her two main weaknesses that lead to fouls as you point out. if she fixes both of those, develops that jump hook and a simple fall away jumper without the dribble to set it up no one in the country will be able to stop her.
Having Edwards to practice against will be a big help to ONO. No matter what CD or others say, nothing beats executing in practice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom