Temple Post Game Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Temple Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Nobody is saying Fagnano is Marino, an awesome passer, or even a good college quarterback. Fagnano has simply shown some passing ability and some ability to stretch the field through the passing game, Evers hasn't shown anything as far as passing.
No he hasn’t.

Reaction Score
The 'Miami Miracle' kickoff return TD to beat Duke in 2017

Flutie and BC beating the Hurricanes on the last minute hail mary throw

Auburn beating Alabama on a 105 yard kickoff return-known as the 'Kick Six' game-with zeroes on the clock

Sam Cunnigham and an integrated USC team going on the road and absolutely laying waste to Alabama-the last Bear Bryant team that openly avoided rostering African American players

Michigan State v. Notre Dame in '66
I could go on......
My vote is for the BC over Miami win that occurred on a Thanksgiving Friday in 1984. That was before I hated BC. But you need to be of a certain age to remember it in context.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My vote is for the BC over Miami win that occurred on a Thanksgiving Friday in 1984. That was before I hated BC. But you need to be of a certain age to remember it in context.
Basically only three things had to go right for that play to work - Flutie had to get the ball to the end zone, it had to get batted around, and a BC player had to be in position to catch it.

The number of things that had to go right in the Cal TD was several degrees higher in difficulty. And that's why it gets my vote.

We've seen a lot of hail marys work. We might see one of those multi-lateral plays work per decade, or even generation. And then you throw in the band.

Reaction Score
On the Sheffield TD do you really think that Joe’s throw was what made any material difference to the play? It was a quick flare and he delivered it fine but Sheffield basically made 2-3 great moves afterwards to get yards and I think it was Buckman making a great block that sprung him.
I just want to see Nick hit some of those where the WR isn't diving to the ground to bring it in.

Reaction Score
I feel like this needs to be said in every thread. He is maddeningly inconsistent. He is capable of making really good throws and he is capable of missing the easiest throws possible. He was that way at Maine. He's that way here. He can be pinpoint accurate while simultaneously having no touch whatsoever. He can have great touch on a ball that lands nowhere near the receiver. That's JF.

In the end yesterday he completed 60% of his passes for 272 yards and was the winning quarterback. Given the pressure he was under, sign me up for those numbers every week.

We know Evers is Mora's guy. We know Evers is out there next. And we'll all be rooting for him. But can we cut some slack to the backup QB who nearly threw for 300 yards and just got us win number 4?
His line very easily could have been 300 yards, 2TD 1 INT. Hit Bell on the easy TD and WR doesn't drop the ball. Two plays and the perception would have been totally different.

Reaction Score
Hats off to the kicking portion of UConn's special teams. Freeman was 3 for 3 with a long of 43. Connor had 6 punts for an average of 47 and a long of 66 yards. And then Trujillo from Temple had his 60 yard FG. Good timing for the kicking game since Teggart was in the crowd,

Unfortunately, special teams did not have any kickoff or punt returns and they allowed a blocked punt for a Temple TD.

I was also impressed by John Neider on his coverage on special teams.

Reaction Score
Temples defensive backfield was pretty good in coverage which with Fagnano having accuracy issues led to some of our struggles. Some of Sammis's playcalls were bad which didn't help. Rolling QB right on goal line with 2 receivers running in endzone toward the sideline. Way too crowded to make a pass and once Fagnano was outside Lundt the defender could pressure Fagnano. The RPO Fagnano keepers were also going nowhere. But in the last quarter the Fagnano run for a first down toward he band was a great play by him as well as the rollout under pressure toward our bench where he found Buckman behind the D for a long completion. As far as Evers being a runner he needs to gain some muscle to take the hits that will be coming. People expecting a blowout may have been frustrated yesterday. I was one of them. We lost our # 1 WR and top RB, gave up a specials teams TD and UConn had every reason to lose but overcame that for a win going into the bye week. Hallelujah!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom