Temple last 4 out, ucf in the bubble | The Boneyard

Temple last 4 out, ucf in the bubble

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why Temple is last 4 out, because they lost at Memphis? That team has lost once at home and they blew it late vs Cincinnati. UCF should definitely be in they have athletes that can play. Looks like when these 2 teams play in a week one is gonna be on the outside looking in, unfortunate for the conference.

Reaction Score
Joe Lunardi is an idiot. He has at least 6 teams who can’t play .500 in their league in some of which are more than 1 or 2 games below. Not sure who ever made him king of the brackets but because of ESPN people listen to the dope. Temple and UCF are going to need the league tourneys to go as they should to have a shot.

Reaction Score
Joe Lunardi is an idiot. He has at least 6 teams who can’t play .500 in their league in some of which are more than 1 or 2 games below. Not sure who ever made him king of the brackets but because of ESPN people listen to the dope. Temple and UCF are going to need the league tourneys to go as they should to have a shot.
In his defense, the bubble is so weak this year. Some of those teams may get in.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I'm going to trust Joe Lunardi on this one more or less, I think.

Reaction Score
Remember

Remember this is a cartel and the AAC is on the outside

Reaction Score
I'm going to trust Joe Lunardi on this one more or less, I think.

Do I think Oklahoma is better than UCF and Temple? Probably are but at 6-10 in the league or whatever c’mon you have to win to get in don’t you? And they’re not that good anyway.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Do I think Oklahoma is better than UCF and Temple? Probably are but at 6-10 in the league or whatever c’mon you have to win to get in don’t you? And they’re not that good anyway.
The NCAA time and time again has favored P5 teams with mediocre conference records.

Is Joe Lunardi an idiot for predicting what the NCAA will do fairly accurately? He does this for a living.
Direct your anger at the NCAA, not Joey Brackets.

Reaction Score
The NCAA time and time again has favored P5 teams with mediocre conference records.

Is Joe Lunardi an idiot for predicting what the NCAA will do fairly accurately? He does this for a living.
Direct your anger at the NCAA, not Joey Brackets.

Hey Ray if I don’t think Lunardi knows what he’s talking about I will direct here if I wish to. It’s not anger it’s what I think. It’s the Boneyard and that’s what we do, relax! Is he related to you because if so I apologize and will just say he’s worthless and obvious with his agenda. Damn

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Hey Ray if I don’t think Lunardi knows what he’s talking about I will direct here if I wish to. It’s not anger it’s what I think. It’s the Boneyard and that’s what we do, relax! Is he related to you because if so I apologize and will just say he’s worthless and obvious with his agenda. Damn
Mau, I was not getting personal. I respect you.
I just don't know how you can call Lunardi an idiot when he predicts brackets for a living and does so with like 97% accuracy, last I remember. He's not the one picking the field. He's predicting what the NCAA will do.
How can you call him an idiot for that when he predicts the field with 97% accuracy? Could you do better?

I, for one, find him entertaining and a part of the whole march madness experience. I enjoy looking at his bracketology every week.

Either way, his bracket predictions are pretty meaningless right now when there is 5 games+conference tournaments left in the season. A lot will change. Then we can talk about how much of an idiot he is when his last bracket comes out.

Reaction Score
I trust palm way more than Lunardi, also Ucf is up 6 at Houston hope they can upset but its gonna be hard

Reaction Score
UCF should be firmly in now. They lacked a signature win and they got it.

If UConn and Memphis can get back to what they were expected to be and the teams on top now can build on their momentum, this could be a nice league. Tulane and ECU aside, obviously.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The new rule is that the NCAA selection committee will not consider league records when making selections. By doing so it is shutting out a lot of non P5 in favor of P5s who have not only losing league records by 1 game but in at least 5 cases 3-5 games below .500. It might as well be the P5 only tournament.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The new rule is that the NCAA selection committee will not consider league records when making selections. By doing so it is shutting out a lot of non P5 in favor of P5s who have not only losing league records by 1 game but in at least 5 cases 3-5 games below .500. It might as well be the P5 only tournament.

as opposed to some time in history when it wasn’t?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
There's 100% chance the UCF-Temple game ends up being an elimination game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There's 100% chance the UCF-Temple game ends up being an elimination game.

until ucf beat houston yes. think they are good unless they lose out.

Reaction Score
Seton hall losing to Gtown has to help out temple. Pirates now 16-12 with Marquette and Nova to close the season out. Gotta imagine they lose both to finish 16-14

How bad is the PAC only Washington getting in and Lunardi has them a #9 seed

Reaction Score
UCF should be in, playing great basketball, won last 6 out of 7 and just ended the countries longest home winning steak...

Reaction Score
until ucf beat houston yes. think they are good unless they lose out.
We'll see. They have 2 Quad 1 wins. As of right now, it's their only Quad 1 win. There aren't many bubble teams with a 1 in that quadrant. Temple is 1. Washington is another.

I think they need to get another Quad 1 win somewhere to feel good about their position.

Reaction Score
Seton hall losing to Gtown has to help out temple. Pirates now 16-12 with Marquette and Nova to close the season out. Gotta imagine they lose both to finish 16-14

How bad is the PAC only Washington getting in and Lunardi has them a #9 seed
don't see Seton Hall in trouble, their big win over Kentucky is still good enough + they get a weak nova team at home this week I believe

Reaction Score
don't see Seton Hall in trouble, their big win over Kentucky is still good enough + they get a weak nova team at home this week I believe

Nova been playing better ball of late. Don't see seton hall winning any of their last 2 games

Reaction Score
Mau, I was not getting personal. I respect you.
I just don't know how you can call Lunardi an idiot when he predicts brackets for a living and does so with like 97% accuracy, last I remember. He's not the one picking the field. He's predicting what the NCAA will do.
How can you call him an idiot for that when he predicts the field with 97% accuracy? Could you do better?

I, for one, find him entertaining and a part of the whole march madness experience. I enjoy looking at his bracketology every week.

Either way, his bracket predictions are pretty meaningless right now when there is 5 games+conference tournaments left in the season. A lot will change. Then we can talk about how much of an idiot he is when his last bracket comes out.

Lunardi probably gets criticism because things always look easier to those evaluating the work of others.

Making him Tournament Prognosticator in Chief was a great marketing idea by ESPN or he did an excellent job selling them on an idea that capitalizes on the excitement of the build up to the tournament.

His daily revisions of his projected field gives the fans a little extra to argue about and get elated or upset about as Selection Sunday nears, but it also allows him to achieve his "97% accuracy". How far off do you think you or most people that closely follow the sport would be predicting the final field on the last day?

Chief would probably be 101%.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom