Temple last 4 out, ucf in the bubble | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Temple last 4 out, ucf in the bubble

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Lunardi probably gets criticism because things always look easier to those evaluating the work of others.

Making him Tournament Prognosticator in Chief was a great marketing idea by ESPN or he did an excellent job selling them on an idea that capitalizes on the excitement of the build up to the tournament.

His daily revisions of his projected field gives the fans a little extra to argue about and get elated or upset about as Selection Sunday nears, but it also allows him to achieve his "97% accuracy". How far off do you think you or most people that closely follow the sport would be predicting the final field on the last day?

Chief would probably be 101%.
It still takes quite a bit of research and knowledge to be able to pick the NCAA field of 68 with 97% accuracy and the seeding with 60%+ accuracy.
I just don't get why some people hate Lunardi.

Reaction Score
Lunardi probably gets criticism because things always look easier to those evaluating the work of others.

Making him Tournament Prognosticator in Chief was a great marketing idea by ESPN or he did an excellent job selling them on an idea that capitalizes on the excitement of the build up to the tournament.

His daily revisions of his projected field gives the fans a little extra to argue about and get elated or upset about as Selection Sunday nears, but it also allows him to achieve his "97% accuracy". How far off do you think you or most people that closely follow the sport would be predicting the final field on the last day?

Chief would probably be 101%.
97% really is nothing special. By Sunday afternoon, 95% of the field is set in stone. so really the only debate is about the last 4 or so spots, with maybe a dozen teams being debated. Get 2 of 4 right, and you're at 97%.

Reaction Score
UCF really helped themselves yesterday. Their size could present a tough matchup in the tournament, and I could see them winning a game or two. I think they have more upside in the tourney than Cincy. Three or four bids would be good for the league, as would a good run by Houston combined with one or two other teams winning a game.

Reaction Score
Jerry palm got 62 of 62 2 years ago when he had usc over cuse and lunardi had cuse over usc, I was very happy to see Lunardi be wrong. Since that i've trusted Palm as the best, the thing I like about him is he talks to a lot of committee members and he thinks like one as well. That's why when u see his last 4 out they are usally a complete 180 from lunardi. HE values sos a lot and net.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Um...not to leak the family recipe but Lunardi gets fed information, specifically on the metrics used by the committee.

And P5 teams get preference because that's who runs college sports.

I remember one P5 team that got in with a 9-9 conference record. Sure they won their tournament but they were getting in anyway.

Reaction Score
UCF is ranked this week. They are almost in lock territory now. Temple def has some work to do, but 4 is possibility.
Temple needs to win out and make the semis, I think, to be in. The finals to be comfortably in.

It's likely 3 teams unless an outsider wins the AAC.

Reaction Score
UCF is ranked this week. They are almost in lock territory now. Temple def has some work to do, but 4 is possibility.

Being ranked is not a lock to make the tourney, unless you're in a p5 conference and even then you still have to win some conference tournament games.

Reaction Score
Tcu is down 25 at home to k st, st johns just lost at depaul and at xavier might be another loss. Texas getting their butts whooped at tech, these all are bubble teams that might be out. Temple needs to beat ucf

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Being ranked is not a lock to make the tourney, unless you're in a p5 conference and even then you still have to win some conference tournament games.
whaaaat.png

A ranked team almost never misses the tournament. We all remember SMU in 2014, but before that, it was 2004. Rarity aside, the "reason" SMU was left out was their SOS (114th), and that was also back in the days when RPI was the be all end all. Currently, UCF is ranked 25, NET 29 and have an RPI SOS of 57. They're solidly in unless they royally screw up from here on out.

Reaction Score
View attachment 40538

A ranked team almost never misses the tournament. We all remember SMU in 2014, but before that, it was 2004. Rarity aside, the "reason" SMU was left out was their SOS (114th), and that was also back in the days when RPI was the be all end all. Currently, UCF is ranked 25, NET 29 and have an RPI SOS of 57. They're solidly in unless they royally screw up from here on out.

What I said was being ranked is not a lock. Go back and see what teams bubble burst and you'll find some ranked teams, especially from mid major conferences

Reaction Score
What I said was being ranked is not a lock. Go back and see what teams bubble burst and you'll find some ranked teams, especially from mid major conferences
Yes but AAC not considered a mid major conference. UCF is solid. And I would give Temple odds they get in as well. Our conference is ranked 6th among the top 7 conferences ahead of PAC.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Palm currently has four AAC teams in. Houston a 3 seed, Cinci a 6 seed, UCF a 9 and Temple an 11. Temple can blow it, but they've been helped by a lot of bubble teams losing.

The game against us Thursday is pretty big for Temple.

I don't think it's out of the question for Memphis to play their way in. Lost by 2 at Cinci and will beat Tulsa to finish the season. But it's a long-shot.

Reaction Score
Lunardi has NC State in....they are 8-8 in conference...and should be first out....I'd count on the Pack not making the cut and opening up a slot.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Lunardi has NC State in....they are 8-8 in conference...and should be first out....I'd count on the Pack not making the cut and opening up a slot.

8-8 in a conference that has Virginia, Duke and UNC. But their OOC was pretty weak.

Reaction Score
Yes but AAC not considered a mid major conference. UCF is solid. And I would give Temple odds they get in as well. Our conference is ranked 6th among the top 7 conferences ahead of PAC.

We're not a mid major, but we're treated like one

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I trusted Lunardi right up to the point where his tv jinx kicked in on us against Wichita State.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom