Temple game thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Temple game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
T
Can we do anything to help them out a little?

I would be happy if they can take a minute or more off the clock before they punt it.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Yeah. It was a tough throw considering he had to jog on the field right before it. All that jogging is REALLY exhausting.

I agree that Whitmer has struggled since the first quarter, but the lack of screen passes is really killing him. I do admit he has missed some wide open underneath guys that compounds that issue, but the OL will not give him time.

Reaction Score
Sigh.

I just feel so terribly for the defense. They deserve so much better. And though the offense is absolutely responsible for our predicament, don't forget about the abysmal special teams.
Unfortunately, you make a GREAT call about our Special Teams. It was a huge strength of ours for YEARS and became horrible immediately when Coach P. took over. Eventually, I think Specials improved to "average" for a while toward the end of last year, but I think they have settled in at "below average" but not "embarrassing." To think what this regime has done to our Special Teams and run blocking in a mere 2 years is mind-blowing.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
Nice Run Max! Q: Is 21 run gain one of the longer gains this yr?

Reaction Score
Yeah. It was a tough throw considering he had to jog on the field right before it. All that jogging is REALLY exhausting.

sd, come on. Have you not been watching for the last season and a half? This is nothing new. We have clearly seen the cumulative detrimental effect the wildcat has on the flow of the QB and the offense. And you are so far in the minority on this topic, I don't know how you still are talking. Do you deny the holocaust, too?

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, you make a GREAT call about our Special Teams. It was a huge strength of ours for YEARS and became horrible immediately when Coach P. took over. Eventually, I think Specials improved to "average" for a while toward the end of last year, but I think they have settled in at "below average" but not "embarrassing." To think what this regime has done to our Special Teams and run blocking in a mere 2 years is mind-blowing.

Let's be honest, the specials were bad under Edsall also. UConn would find spectacular ways to lose football games thanks to specials.

Reaction Score

I am assuming you're blaming the offensive woes on the QB and conveniently ignoring a rushing game that is below 2 yards per carry.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Another thing few people are pointing out: Temple's youth has hurt them. That 5 yard substitution penalty is absolutely huge in this situation. The closer we get to FG range, the closer we get to icing the game.

And we do nothing with that anyway. Amother kick...can we possibly go 0-3?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
sAnd you are so far in the minority on this topic, I don't know how you still are talking. Do you deny the holocaust, too?

Shut up, you stupid .

Reaction Score
Just a question ( a serious one actually), have we used any play-action passes in this game? I don't think that we have, but i'm not sure.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
God dammit.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
uconnbaseball said:
Amother kick...can we possibly go 0-3?

As our president would say: YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Let's be honest, the specials were bad under Edsall also. UConn would find spectacular ways to lose football games thanks to specials.
We had one of the best KR units in the country for many years, and we had the BE All-time leading Punt Returner in Larry Taylor, followed by the schemes that helped lead Jazz and then McClain to being some of the better PR's in the country, too. I think the nature of Special teams mistakes is that they stick in the memory for a long time, but our Specials were a HUGE positive for the Huskies for a long time under Edsall.

Reaction Score
We had one of the best KR units in the country for many years, and we had the BE All-time leading Punt Returner in Larry Taylor, followed by the schemes that helped lead Jazz and then McClain to being some of the better PR's in the country, too. I think the nature of Special teams mistakes is that they stick in the memory for a long time, but our Specials were a HUGE positive for the Huskies for a long time under Edsall.

UConn may have made a lot of good plays for specials under Edsall but they also made some crucial mistakes there as well.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Temple finally (barely) converts on 4th down, and is now self-destructing with an offensive pass interference penalty.

And we immediately give up ab 18 yard gain. 3rd and 7.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Now the defense is giving up 4th downs. 2nd and 11 and Temple burns their last timeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom