Temple Game Thread | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Temple Game Thread

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Happy, happy, happy. I’m out...gotta nice cigar to smoke.
Well, I invited the wife out back for a glass of wine while I smoked a cigar. Guess what? She claims I gave her a headache. And I rembered I have internet in the back yard, so who needs her when I have you guys?

Reaction Score
You have to figure they are not playing press coverage because the talent and experience is just not there.

I'm thinking that big, big plays would be the norm if they played man coverage.
Yes thats it. Cant play press coverage if you do have the speed to recover.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Well, I invited the wife out back for a glass of wine while I smoked a cigar. Guess what? She claims I gave her a headache. And I rembered I have internet in the back yard, so who needs her when I have you guys?

If you choose this wretched hive of scum and villiany over your wife, I'm going to come over there and kick your rear back to Memorial Stadium like in your picture.

Remember, we're here for you... :p

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
If you choose this wretched hive of scum and villiany over your wife, I'm going to come over there and kick your rear back to Memorial Stadium like in your picture.

Remember, we're here for you... :p
She chose a DVRed Law and Order over me....what does that say? You guys are my new family!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
She chose a DVRed Law and Order over me....what does that say? You guys are my new family!

If it's one with Jerry Orbach in it, who could blame her?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
611.gif

Reaction Score
Congrats on the win Huskies. This board really needed something positive, so I was glad to see you get that W. Your defense definitely took a step forward this week, hopefully next week they take another one.

Reaction Score
Some of you may have missed when Hopkins got hurt. I too thought they ran Newsome up the middle a few too many times (crazy right???) but without Hopkins they had to. Mensah is not really a between the tackles back either. Most of his successful runs have been off tackle. I think Temple did a great job taking Newsome away in the passing game. They either spied him or blitzed off the edge opposite of where he lined up in the backfield disrupting the mesh point. But, his presence in the backfield keeps the defense honest. Neither Mensah (yet) nor Hopkins are a threat in the pass game. If you don’t run him (which he has the ability to pop one) you minimize his effectiveness as both a runner and a receiver. Mensah is going to be really good but he probably has a greater chance of fumbling because of his inexperience he’s going to fight for extra yardage. Newsome’s learned to get what you can and get down. Temple’s edge defenders blew a lot of plays up in the backfield today. They weren’t going to let the RBs get outside.

The defense still had lapses but they really played well against a bad Temple offense. I still hate the cushion in short yardage but they were more aggressive and the tackling was better. Baby steps.

I thought Lashlee got a little conservative at the end. Temple had something to do with that. They sent pressure in the second half. I would have liked to see us play for a TD or a clinching first down rather then a FG attempt. I don’t trust Tarbutt. I think if you want them to play aggressive, you have to coach aggressive. HCRE has been doing that up until today. Maybe Hopkins injury played into that decision.

It was good to see #1 back out there!!!

Reaction Score

That's good stuff from Randy right there. Sure the coaches are teaching them a game, but what they really hope they learn is consistency, perseverance, and self belief. Very cool

Reaction Score

I love this guy!!! So much passion for these kids and the game. He knows they’re not as talented (right now) but if he can get them to buy into the effort and preparation....all the little things. They can stand toe-to-toe with anyone if they’re mentally and physically prepared for battle. He believes in them them. He loves this program. He wears his heart on his sleeve. I have great respect for that. What a breathe of fresh air from Captain Period Pants.

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Some of you may have missed when Hopkins got hurt. I too thought they ran Newsome up the middle a few too many times (crazy right???) but without Hopkins they had to. Mensah is not really a between the tackles back either. Most of his successful runs have been off tackle. I think Temple did a great job taking Newsome away in the passing game. They either spied him or blitzed off the edge opposite of where he lined up in the backfield disrupting the mesh point. But, his presence in the backfield keeps the defense honest. Neither Mensah (yet) nor Hopkins are a threat in the pass game. If you don’t run him (which he has the ability to pop one) you minimize his effectiveness as both a runner and a receiver. Mensah is going to be really good but he probably has a greater chance of fumbling because of his inexperience he’s going to fight for extra yardage. Newsome’s learned to get what you can and get down. Temple’s edge defenders blew a lot of plays up in the backfield today. They weren’t going to let the RBs get outside.

The defense still had lapses but they really played well against a bad Temple offense. I still hate the cushion in short yardage but they were more aggressive and the tackling was better. Baby steps.

I thought Lashlee got a little conservative at the end. Temple had something to do with that. They sent pressure in the second half. I would have liked to see us play for a TD or a clinching first down rather then a FG attempt. I don’t trust Tarbutt. I think if you want them to play aggressive, you have to coach aggressive. HCRE has been doing that up until today. Maybe Hopkins injury played into that decision.

It was good to see #1 back out there!!!
I remember that and immediately thought he was hurt....confirmed it when he limped off. That hurt at crunch time.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

It took a glass of wine and a cigar to give your wife a headache. I'm envious. All I need to do is be in the same house.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom