Temple Game Thread | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Temple Game Thread

Reaction Score
Looking ahead, fans need to show up at the next two games: If Tulsa and Missouri are defeated, and UConn beats Cinc., it needs to win one of USF, UCF or BC -- not a small task but is doable. Then it's bowl game under Randy Edsall

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Really proud of these kids! They showed great poise and never gave up when the momentum began to shift, when in weeks/seasons past they would have! Great win for them, there are a lot of good things coming out,of this road win. BIG rebound after that -ing $how last week!
I feel like I did when I had my first kid....kinda.

Reaction Score
Looking ahead, fans need to show up at the next two games: If Tulsa and Missouri are defeated, and UConn beats Cinc., it needs to win one of USF, UCF or BC -- not a small task but is doable. Then it's bowl game under Randy Edsall
Sadly, I think the ECU loss killed any dreams of bowling. But a competitive showing against some of the bigger teams and 4 wins would make me content.

Reaction Score
♫♪.. Happy... Happy...Happy... Happy.. ♫♪
OHSFELJYS_qFZYDzmMjWvg.png

Reaction Score
After giving up 70, the team DID NOT QUIT on the coaches. That is big.
... nor on themselves; that's as big or perhaps even bigger. Good for the entire program, the university, and all fans (even including the consistently biggest Boneyard doomsayers ;) ). Onward and upward, go UConn!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Just beating Temple is a good feeling
The defense did look better in spots but this laying off the receivers and giving 10 yard pass gains is getting real old
The offense was good up until the 4th qtr
Don't understand the running Newsome into the line
This is a start and it may be a confidence builder for many players - it's the coaches that have to make adjustments

Reaction Score
A win is a win....D was better, O played poorly last quarter and a half. Gotta be able to depend on the other guys to pick you up. Today they did.
Had athletes in the defensive backfield today that can make plays, bat down passes, and make hard hits. That was the difference.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Had athletes in the defensive backfield today that can make plays, bat down passes, and make hard hits. That was the difference.
Agreed....different D backfield today. They flew around and made some stuff happen. Played with more confidence.

Reaction Score
Just beating Temple is a good feeling
The defense did look better in spots but this laying off the receivers and giving 10 yard pass gains is getting real old
The offense was good up until the 4th qtr
Don't understand the running Newsome into the line
This is a start and it may be a confidence builder for many players - it's the coaches that have to make adjustments
Agree on running Newsome up the middle, what a waste, and they kept doing it.

Reaction Score
I don't know about you guys but I'm just really pumped that we are scoring TD's now! Every score was a TD today and it has been that way for several weeks now. Just a great feeling to not have to live or die by your kicker! Especially because we know what the outcome would be if we had to do that based on this years kicking game.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Agree on running Newsome up the middle, what a waste, and they kept doing it.

You have to do some of that because if you don't, they sniff out every screen pass just by seeing that he's in the lineup. Some plays set up other plays. We still need to have a better OLine push, and that play will pay off. They're getting there...

Reaction Score
... nor on themselves; that's as big or perhaps even bigger. Good for the entire program, the university, and all fans (even including the consistently biggest Boneyard doomsayers ;) ). Onward and upward, go UConn!
Yep. And the coaches did not quit on the players, with Edsall giving the green light to Tarbutt for example. Just wish they moved it to the center of the field, but sooner or later Tarbutt needs to hit them from the hash marks.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I don't know about you guys but I'm just really pumped that we are scoring TD's now! Every score was a TD today and it has been that way for several weeks now. Just a great feeling to not have to live or die by your kicker! Especially because we know what the outcome would be if we had to do that based on this years kicking game.
Woulda been nice to make that FG at the end though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom