Temple Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Temple Game Thread

Reaction Score
Oh come on!

Simple fact that Temple scored more points in this game than any team has scored against UConn for over a decade. And I stopped searching after the 2004 season. Not condemning UConn. Just pointing out that this is pretty extraordinary. Only Baylor has come close, scoring 50 points in a half in a win against UConn four years ago. So Temple's performance for a half was amazing.

Understood?

Retract your claws.

2nd time this season UConn has given up 50 in the 2nd half...They yielded 50 at Maryland in the 2H...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
View attachment 19369

C3oDbcwWIAA31pk.jpg
Very nice, but what's wrong with this picture?

(Shouldn't the UConn PR department know that the team wears white at Gampel, grey at Hartford, and National Flag Blue on the road ... so why the home grey's for a picture celebrating ROAD victories!?)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

(Shouldn't the UConn PR department know that the team wears white at Gampel, grey at Hartford, and National Flag Blue on the road ... so why the home grey's for a picture celebrating ROAD victories!?)
You must be good at "Where's Waldo." :rolleyes:

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score

From your mouth to the Boneyard's...er...thread. This is after all a "Blue Streak". (The PR department can use the "Blue Streak" slogan gratis) ;)

blue_streak.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
IMO -- No she doesn't. She needs to do both. She is shooting a tremendous 46% from 3. Her shot is fantastic to watch whether it be from 2 or 3.
In addition, someone needs to throw her the ball. Loved how Lou got the ball multiple times when guarded by 5'6" guard. For some reason, she has worked hard in other games and never received a pass. Very effective.

Reaction Score
Oh come on!

Simple fact that Temple scored more points in this game than any team has scored against UConn for over a decade. And I stopped searching after the 2004 season. Not condemning UConn. Just pointing out that this is pretty extraordinary. Only Baylor has come close, scoring 50 points in a half in a win against UConn four years ago. So Temple's performance for a half was amazing.

Understood?

Retract your claws.

My claws????????????????

C'mon yourself.

I'm not the one digging into UCONN looking for things to pick them apart about.

Its no big deal. You and I just have a different temperament I guess.

You are concerned about post play a few years down the road-- I don't share that concern yet.

You view the Temple game as some bad thing-- I don't.

We'll always be at odds -- but don't take me the wrong way. I don't have claws. I'm just highlighting I tend to be the cup is half full so I'll question half empty analysis because I don't understand why in some cases the huge concern over a half when the other half was flawless. IMO kids can't be expected to keep that up without a bench or unless they have lots of experience.

SO I don;'t see the concern you see so sometimes on here I'll question your concerns. No harm meant. On some other thread some other poster was calling me a bully -- and I don't understand why. Here you spoke of my claws. -- I'm no bully. I just don't get as nervous. I was amazed last year that some -- even Debbie Antonelli thought UCONN was going to lose to USF. Or were scared of them. I just never saw the fear that others had. ANd in this case I don't see the big deal from the Temple game. UCONN shot 77% in the 1st half vs a decent opponent away from home. I was much more pumped with the flawless execution of the 1st half and hoping Danger can get on track so we could extend the flawless play more in the future. This team as well all Know doesn't have a deep bench yet once Danger gets more acclimated they'll show longer stretches of consistency. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom