Temple Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Temple Game Thread

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
1st half... A+
2nd half... D+

Say what you will about how hard Temple played, but we lost the 2nd half by 6. That's an entire 20 minutes of basketball. Believe me I realize we were up big time at the half, but just like Geno was not happy with how we played in the first half last game, he should be very displeased with our entire 2nd half tonight. It's good that we haven't peaked yet, that's for sure! ;)

Reaction Score
Atrocious half. Start like this against South Carolina and we're toast.
You mean end like this. But it's very true. 51 pts for temple in the half and the last game they played they scored 51 total

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think that would only make Geno keep them off the floor if were a close game. Otherwise "trial by fire". If they practice good they will play some.
I don't know how Molly and Kyla practiced this week, but we saw in the second half that Temple is capable of getting steals and hitting threes in short order.

Reaction Score
WOW!!! I have never seen a team torch the UConn defense like this. Ever. Temple just scored 51 points in the second half. I don't know how competitive they've been this year, but they are clearly capable of pulling off some major upsets. They just scored more points in a half against UConn than almost anyone has in many years. Has anyone done that against UConn before?

These kids can hit 3's, they can drive inside, they can get rebounds. I am REALLY impressed with Temple. I suspect that they're getting better. Watch out for Temple in the tournament.

I know they only scored 18 in the first half. But once they got going, UConn couldn't stop them.

WOW!!!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Baskets in the Paint Final
UConn 29(10-6-8-5)
Temple 13 (0-3-6-4)

Reaction Score
upload_2017-2-1_20-58-30.png

upload_2017-2-1_21-1-40.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno: "Overall, we played a phenomenal game against a good team."

The first half results were not sustainable. Like others, I didn't care for our poor second half, especially on defense, but Temple never cut the lead to less than 27. The game as a whole wasn't bad.

Reaction Score
1st half... A+
2nd half... D+

Say what you will about how hard Temple played, but we lost the 2nd half by 6. That's an entire 20 minutes of basketball. Believe me I realize we were up big time at the half, but just like Geno was not happy with how we played in the first half last game, he should be very displeased with our entire 2nd half tonight. It's good that we haven't peaked yet, that's for sure! ;)
But he didn't seem to be. he just shrugged his shoulders, and we should. UConn scored the same each half; just that Temple's offense starting making shots they were missing the first half. This is a combination of Temple getting hot (reversion to the mean) and UConn coasting a bit. Hard to be upset about that.

Reaction Score
Are you kidding me?! Temple out rebounded UConn 42-30!! And Temple pulled down 26 offensive rebounds! Wow! And 11 3's for Temple?

What the heck was going on in that second half? Did Temple figure something out about UConn's defense?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Temple made 11 treys; we made only 4. That's a 21-point differential.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I liked Gabby's new hook shot...
A new weapon for her arsenal.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Are you kidding me?! Temple out rebounded UConn 42-30!! And Temple pulled down 26 offensive rebounds! Wow! And 11 3's for Temple?

What the heck was going on in that second half? Did Temple figure something out about UConn's defense?
They maintained the intensity better than we did. Plus, they got hot, after being cold in the first half.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
SC does not have the quickness that Temple has and they don't move the ball as well as Temple was moving the ball in the second half. The sky is not falling.
Agreed. SC's offense can be constipated at times.

Reaction Score

Temple must have won. they got more rebounds.....Isn't that how the game is played? the team with the highest number of rebounds wins?

In the immortal words of Aaron Rodgers: everyone R.E.L.A.X.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You mean end like this. But it's very true. 51 pts for temple in the half and the last game they played they scored 51 total
Didn't say it was warranted. But watching the 2nd half Gray is going to be an issue. But once again, watching SC, I ain't sceerd. Not one bit.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
They maintained the intensity better than we did. Plus, they got hot, after being cold in the first half.

AND we were playing a former coach of Geno's. We are notorious for taking the foot off the pedal in the second half of games against former coaches. Jen, Tonya, Jamelle anybody else?

Reaction Score

But UConn just never permits the other team to "get hot" for an entire half. The team adjusts and shuts them down. This never happens. I wonder whether this is a multi-year record of points scored against UConn in a half.

Temple had a 12-game winning streak before South Florida, which it lost by 4 points. And now this strong performance against UConn. I think this Temple team is getting much better.

I might pick this team for an upset or two. Don't be surprised to see them in the Sweet Sixteen.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Didn't say it was warranted. But watching the 2nd half Gray is going to be an issue. But once again, watching SC, I ain't sceerd. Not one bit.

SC is never scared. The problem is their offense is pretty anemic and inconsistent except for Wilson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom