Televised games tonite | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Televised games tonite

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I mean no bad losses. Aka last couple of years like Alabama, Virginia Tech, and those type games. Will all games they should win. Texas, Notre Dame, and Stanford should be the only OOC games that they should lose if they lose any. SEC same South Carolina, Mississippi State, Texas A&M, Missouri . Any losses should come against teams like those.
OK, so what you suggest is that if TN holds serve against all of the teams they should beat and doesn’t knock off a few of the teams they shouldn’t beat they’re going to end up with a regular season record of approximately 20-10. That probably puts them on the road for the opening rounds of the Big Dance and back in Knoxville watching the Regionals on TV. Will that kind of year satisfy the TN fan base?

Reaction Score
I also know something else that's supposed to stream, but that too is subject to stops, starts, and long periods of just standing around.
There is an aging joke in there somewhere

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Okay but if they want to get a high enough seed to host the first two rounds (4 or better), it won't be enough to just beat the Alabamas and Virginia Techs. They'll need to knock off at least a few of those better teams you've named.

I actually think this Tennessee team is capable of being a #4 or, who knows, even a #3 seed. Certainly in terms of talent they should be able to. They may not be a top-10 team but they're probably top 15.
I know it's still early. I think this team has a lot of potential. We will know more about this team after the Texas game, I think every game on the schedule is winnable game. I know some may not agree with me. I think this team can get a top four seed. I like the way this team is playing together.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
OK, so what you suggest is that if TN holds serve against all of the teams they should beat and doesn’t knock off a few of the teams they shouldn’t beat they’re going to end up with a regular season record of approximately 20-10. That probably puts them on the road for the opening rounds of the Big Dance and back in Knoxville watching the Regionals on TV. Will that kind of year satisfy the TN fan base?
I think Tennessee can win some of those games against top teams. I don't Tennessee will lose ten games unless injuries happen.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think Tennessee can win some of those games against top teams. I don't Tennessee will lose ten games unless injuries happen.
I wish you the best of luck for the Lady Vols, and I agree that TN is capable of winning some of their games vs top teams. But I also think that a young team coached by HW is vulnerable to upset by teams like Kentucky, Bama, etc. For this team, I think 8 losses or less would be a successful season, but I tend to believe that 10+ losses is more realistic. Time will tell.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom