Televised games tonite | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Televised games tonite

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The best team in the "10" getting spanked at the half by Duke. ACC fans are rejoicing.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Duke’s ball movement around the arc (and elsewhere) is mostly crisp and effective. OSU’s alleged defense is late to the Duke passes and passing lanes. Duke rebounding has been very good. The missed deep shots by OSU causes long rebounds and they turn into 50/50 balls.

Deep shots by Duke seem to be finding the basket.

Reaction Score
Announcer at 7:00 in Q3: "The difference in the game so far - Duke is moving without the basketball, Ohio State is standing around watching."

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
OSU making a run, but mostly off of Duke mistakes.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee battling valiantly in the SEC/Southland Conference Challenge.
I used to live in Conway, AR when Scottie Pippen played at UCA.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Just watched the last 5 minutes of the first half of the NC State/Rutgers game. It was a whistle fest, I don't think there was a single possession where a whistle wasn't blown. However, after being down 14 in the last 5 minutes, Rutgers closed the half with a 11-0 run.
Rutgers pulls out the win over NC State, 57-53. Tyler Scaife with 27 points for Rutgers.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee pitched a shutout in the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
SC bounces back with a big win and reaches triple digits for the first time this season. Wilson with 29 points Harris with a Double Double 10 points and 10 assists. Coach Staley also records her 400th win as a coach!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Indiana had cut it to 7 on Louisville but fouls and turnovers have let Louiville go up 13.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I'm so old, I can remember when Tennessee played a challenging schedule. They just knocked off Central Arkansas whose best attribute is their team nickname.

Next up they play Alabama State ranked by Massey at number 425. To put that in perspective there are only 349 D1 teams.

Alabama state has one (count it, one) when this year of the Savannah State ranked 488.

Why?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I'm so old, I can remember when Tennessee played a challenging schedule. They just knocked off Central Arkansas whose best attribute is their team nickname.

Next up they play Alabama State ranked by Massey at number 425. To put that in perspective there are only 349 D1 teams.

Alabama state has one (count it, one) when this year of the Savannah State ranked 488.

Why?

It's to counter their brutal SEC schedule. When you have to play the likes of Kentucky, who are only down 33 to Baylor right now, you need to sprinkle in some cupcakes.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Wow, congrats!

Lady Vols are back, y'all.
I think as long as Tennessee wins. All of the games they should win. They will get a good seed come tournament time. I like this team. This team is more together than last year's team.

Plebe

Reaction Score

Why?
Pat Summitt used to pride herself on playing the toughest schedule in the country. She would be truly embarrassed to see what a creampuff schedule Holly has the team playing now.

The fans are thrilled now because they're beating up on junior high teams and the one semi-decent team they played and beat in overtime (Marquette) plays no defense and has no one taller than about 5'10".

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think as long as Tennessee wins. All of the games they should win. They will get a good seed come tournament time. I like this team. This team is more together than last year's team.
Define "the games they should win," if you don't mind.

Reaction Score
Speaking of no taller than, did you see any of the battle of the Carolina's? It really looked like two of the West Carolina players were right about five feet tall. They looked like children had wandered onto the court.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Speaking of no taller than, did you see any of the battle of the Carolina's? It really looked like two of the West Carolina players were right about five feet tall. They looked like children had wandered onto the court.
It was the same in the Tennessee-Central Arkansas game. Apparently female Sugar Bears don't grow any taller than about 5'4". The girl guarding Russell was about as tall as her lower rib cage.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Define "the games they should win," if you don't mind.
I mean no bad losses. Aka last couple of years like Alabama, Virginia Tech, and those type games. Will all games they should win. Texas, Notre Dame, and Stanford should be the only OOC games that they should lose if they lose any. SEC same South Carolina, Mississippi State, Texas A&M, Missouri . Any losses should come against teams like those.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor drubs Kentucky, 90-63, with Brown missing most of the first half with two fouls. And Mulkey was not happy that it looks closer than it was.

Alexis Morris is electrifying. She reminds me so much of Allen Iverson. Her pull-up jumper has a slight fade-away and is textbook.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I mean no bad losses. Aka last couple of years like Alabama, Virginia Tech, and those type games. Will all games they should win. Texas, Notre Dame, and Stanford should be the only OOC games that they should lose if they lose any. SEC same South Carolina, Mississippi State, Texas A&M, Missouri . Any losses should come against teams like those.
Okay but if they want to get a high enough seed to host the first two rounds (4 or better), it won't be enough to just beat the Alabamas and Virginia Techs. They'll need to knock off at least a few of those better teams you've named.

I actually think this Tennessee team is capable of being a #4 or, who knows, even a #3 seed. Certainly in terms of talent they should be able to. They may not be a top-10 team but they're probably top 15.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom