????? Televised Game ????? | The Boneyard

????? Televised Game ?????

Reaction Score
Are the 2020 Woman's Hall Of Fame Games at the Mohegan Sun being Televised???

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
The Quinnipiac game is going to be on Flosports, a streaming service that is a subscription service with no apparent free trial. The game against the Maine/Mississippi State winner will be on one of the ESPN stations.
I believe that this information is in a different thread.
Schedule for Mohegan Sun Bubble games

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
First game won't be on TV. Second game will be on ESPN.

Not sure of that. According to Hartford Courant, it is not guaranteed FloHoops will have UConn / Quinnipiac. My Guess is it finds it's way onto some ESPN channel. First game for Paige Bueckers is a hot commodity.

Nov. 28
Women: AFR HOF Women’s Challenge: Mississippi State vs. Maine FloHoops, 10 a.m.
Women: AFR HOF Women’s Challenge: UConn vs. Quinnipiac TBA, 12:30 p..

Nov. 29

Women: AFR HOF Women’s Challenge Consolation, FloHoops, 9:30 a.m.
Women: AFR HOF Women’s Challenge Championship, ESPN, 3 p.m

Reaction Score
I checked SNY and they have it listed!:) If this is accurate I will post all of this within a few hours after the game.

SNY Schedule.png

Reaction Score
I checked SNY and they have it listed!:) If this is accurate I will post all of this within a few hours after the game.

View attachment 61334

Can you add the link to this schedule? I'm looking at the SNY webpage but I cannot seem to locate the above. Thanks

Reaction Score
So does this mean that ESPN3 will be carrying the game like they did last year? I think I read somewhere that SNY games will be on ESPN3, but I can't remember where.

The reason games were on ESPN3 last year was because ESPN owned the conference rights for the AAC and SNY bought the games from ESPN, this year Fox owns the conference rights for the Big East and SNY bought the rights from Fox. So, these first 2 games may be on ESPN3, but I don't think the Big East conference games will be.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Reaction Score
So does this mean that ESPN3 will be carrying the game like they did last year? I think I read somewhere that SNY games will be on ESPN3, but I can't remember where.
All I can remember is sometime last season there were stories, and possibly threads/posts, that SNY had struck a deal with Fox Sports. (SNY reaches agreement with Fox Sports to broadcast select UConn women’s basketball games) but I don't know if the subject of streaming for out of market fans was part of the deal or has been finalized.
The Quinnipiac game is not on the ESPN Watch schedule but the "final" game on the 29th is listed for ESPN. I cannot find the Quinnipiac game on Fox Sports' schedule either.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Woe is us. You can see from these posts what confusion is taking place about where to watch the women. Flosports charges something like $60+/mo, but I believe they have a "Standard" rate also for around $12 targeting specific sports. The company lists about a week's schedule in advance, so I don't know yet (but assume) the Quinnipiac game will be on the 28th. Question is: will Flosports have regular UConn telecasts all season?
As I said: mucho confusion. Wouldn't it be nice if the entire season's telecasts were listed somewhere? HELP!

Reaction Score
To further confuse, I'm hearing for $60 Fubo has the all everywhere NBC Sports app that has ties to both SNY and Fox

Reaction Score
Do you think UConn at the last minute will live stream on the website? I've seen them do that before.

Reaction Score

On ESPN3's website, there are NO wcbb games listed for the 28th. There's an unspecified game on the 30th at 8PM. Why are they doing this to us?! Haven't we tried to be good?

Reaction Score
I remember earlier that someone here brought up the idea of a VPN. These systems apparently do end-runs around sites that prevent our watching them (eg, SNY). According to my research today, I understand that anyone can access anything w/out interference by signing up for VPN service (cost=$12/mo., first month up to 6 months free). That includes SNY (I checked).
Too good to be true? Worth a try?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So does this mean that ESPN3 will be carrying the game like they did last year?
UConn will only be on an ESPN platform if they are the visiting team playing a non-Big East team.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
UConn will only be on an ESPN platform if they are the visiting team playing a non-Big East team.
I believe it was mentioned somewhere when it was announced that SNY was carrying up to 18 UConn games a season that SNY was in talks with ESPN to continue to carry those games on ESPN3.

Reaction Score
To further confuse, I'm hearing for $60 Fubo has the all everywhere NBC Sports app that has ties to both SNY and Fox

Let me confuse you even further...or maybe not. You don't need Fubo for $60 (this is a Jeopardy answer) to get NBC Sports App. If you have any smart TV's with apps, I have ROKU and NBC Sports is just an app. You do require to have SNY from your TV provider to get SNY on the NBC Sports app though...are you further confused? :oops:

Reaction Score
WENT ON SNY RE NOV 28. SHOWS PREGAME, GAME, POSTGAME and "UCONN UNDEFEATED," going from noon to about 4PM . Have taped them all already, and they do show up on SNY. Beyond that date I have no other news thus far.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
WENT ON SNY RE NOV 28. SHOWS PREGAME, GAME, POSTGAME and "UCONN UNDEFEATED," going from noon to about 4PM . Have taped them all already, and they do show up on SNY. Beyond that date I have no other news thus far.
True. This was posted here (post #5 by MJL243) but I believe that there is confusion when it comes to out of market fans. In previous seasons, the games broadcast by SNY could be streamed via ESPN3 or the ESPN App, which I believe is the same thing.
As of now we don't have any streaming info for games on SNY for out of market fans. Maybe the answer is FloSports but I personally was hoping that FS1 or FS2 would broadcast the SNY games.

Reaction Score
This thread is as good as any for posting this Hulu TV price change just received. It seems not long ago I cancelled my YouTube TV account because of their price increase. Now Hulu TV is following suit. Thank you Hulu team. This price increase pretty much the same as YouTube TV, add taxes to this and you get what YouTube TV charges. I guess I will have to explore what other options are there again...in the not too distant future I suppose I will go back to Comcast. :rolleyes:

1605561420335.png

Reaction Score
This thread is as good as any for posting this Hulu TV price change just received. It seems not long ago I cancelled my YouTube TV account because of their price increase. Now Hulu TV is following suit. Thank you Hulu team. This price increase pretty much the same as YouTube TV, add taxes to this and you get what YouTube TV charges. I guess I will have to explore what other options are there again...in the not too distant future I suppose I will go back to Comcast. :rolleyes:

View attachment 61373
2016 Hulu: “Don’t get ripped off - just pay for what you use. Unbundle!!”

2020 Hulu: “Bundle!!”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul