Teams we should be rooting against | The Boneyard

Teams we should be rooting against

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lunardi has us as a five in the east as of today, with a potential path to Dallas going through Harvard, North Carolina, Villanova, and Michigan. Anyway, this close to Selection Sunday, I tend to root against teams that are in our vicinity on the s-curve. As of today, that list includes (from highest to lowest):

Iowa State - against Kansas tonight, unlikely a loss will drop them behind us unless we beat Cincy and Louisville, and even then it's iffy
San Diego State - they play Roscoe's UNLV team tonight, but I think they probably stay ahead of us regardless.
North Carolina - they'll play Pitt on ESPN in about a half hour. They're very close to UConn resume wise, so I'll have to bite the bullet and root for Pitt here.
Cincinnati - if we beat them tonight to win the season series, there is a legitimate case to be made for us to pass them.
Michigan State - against Northwestern later tonight, if they lose that game no doubt we pass them regardless of what UConn does.
Oklahoma - Lost to Baylor last night, I think there is a good chance we pass them even if we lose tonight.
Ohio State - they play Nebraska starting in a few minutes, their resume is pretty similar to ours but if we both lose or both win I think we get a slight edge based on Cincy being better than Nebraska.
Texas - They have a very strong resume, but their RPI is only 33. They play Baylor tonight.
UCLA - Against Stanford tonight, very similar profile to us.
VCU - Very strong resume, but only four top 50 wins. They play Richmond tonight.
Saint Louis - Just recently lost to Saint Bonaventure, so no chance they pass us.
Kentucky - only if they win their conference tournament, and even then probably not depending on what we do.

I agree with the poster yesterday who said match-ups are more important than seeding, but I would love to get a four or five seed in the east, especially if a team like Villanova is the one.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this list -- it's hard to keep track of.

You're exactly right that these are the teams we want to either fall behind us or fail to leapfrog us. The difference between a 4/5/6 seed could be huge.

Reaction Score
yes i will definitely be rooting against Cincinnati tonight ;)

Reaction Score
Nebraska up 12 on Ohio St, less than 15 minutes to play

Reaction Score
Ohio State is getting drilled by Nebraska right now, and Pittsburgh leads North Carolina by ten.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Nebraska blew an 18 point lead... Tied with 1:52 to go.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Just under 5 left in UNC/Pitt. Likely a 50+ foul game. The first UNC player fouled out with 7:12. Pitt has 3 guys with 4, UNC 1. Pitt was up 20, now 13. Pitt has looked good in between fouls and TOs though.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Ohio St. wins by 4. What a choke job by Nebraska. SMU should be happy.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Ohio State is getting drilled by Nebraska right now, and Pittsburgh leads North Carolina by ten.
idk if ive ever seen a player who harasses a player more by swiping and reaching and never gets called than craft

Reaction Score
I am in utter shocker how hard Pitt is trying right now to pull a Pitt.

Reaction Score
IS JAMIE DIXON KIDDING ME?

Are they really going to blow this?

This guy is a nightmare of a coach. His teams have no composure.

Reaction Score
Pitt did their best to pull a Pitt but they hold on. UNC ran out of time and players.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
How does Louisville not get called for anything?

Reaction Score
Houston's coach is an idiot . Tayshaun Thomas and lj rose need to stay on the floor .

Reaction Score
Thomas is in foul trouble I believe. I think he picked up 2 offensive fouls. LJ Rose is showing how effective a big, heady PG is vs. the Ville zone. They have been getting great looks tonight and are running very good offense before that little funk. Unfortunately Russ Smith is lights out tonight and has 22 at the 8 minute timeout.

Reaction Score
Thomas is in foul trouble I believe. I think he picked up 2 offensive fouls. LJ Rose is showing how effective a big, heady PG is vs. the Ville zone. They have been getting great looks tonight and are running very good offense before that little funk. Unfortunately Russ Smith is lights out tonight and has 22 at the 8 minute timeout.
Might be right just tuned in . Houston's roster littered with talent . Thomas is top five at his position in the country, rose a burger boy I believe . Also another 5 star , the jumping jack sf. Terrible discipline however. Imagine if we had Thomas ? Plays like david west

Reaction Score
Officiating is so in Louisville's pocket these days that teams can't even get mercy calls when the games are blowouts.

They are in unbeatable territory with the ways these games are being called.

Reaction Score
They called a 3rd on Richardson on that with what has been going on down at the other end?

It's a 16 point game!

Reaction Score
Yeah Dickey has definitely done a poor job. Chicken Knowles and House are very very talented and you mentioned Rose and Thomas. Louisville is just unbelievably locked in right now.

Reaction Score
So NOW they call 2 straight fouls on Louisville.

After the lead is 18 points and they took out Houston's big guy.

Timing is everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01