Teams we are rooting for today | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Teams we are rooting for today

Reaction Score
That is basically the way I am looking at it. I know UConn beat Marquette twice, but that doesn’t mean Marquette can’t beat them. I know Creighton has beaten UConn twice, but both games could’ve gone either way And UConn can beat them even though they have not yet. In 2014 UConn got triple crowned by Louisville and none of the 3 games were that close.

Yep agree. And quite honestly from my point of view I’d be happy to play Creighton rather than Marquette.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The attitude should be "we'll take care of business today and not care about anything else".

"When the BE tournament begins, later, when the NCAA tournament begins, we'll take on whoever they put in front of us".

That is how fans of a team capable of making a run think.

Reaction Score
The attitude should be "we'll take care of business today and not care about anything else".

"When the BE tournament begins, later, when the NCAA tournament begins, we'll take on whoever they put in front of us".

That is how fans of a team capable of making a run think.
I think this is 100% on the money. Match ups matter when your team is good but has some serious flaws. For the UConn 99, UConn 2004, UConn 2009, UConn 2011, Nova 2016, Nova 2018, Kentucky 1996, Kentucky 2012 and some other great teams I am neglecting to mention, I didn't care about the match ups. I knew those teams would advance far.

But UConn 2014, I absolutely cared more about the matchups, hell they were trailing for most of the 1st round game against St. Joe's. Also that team just couldn't beat Louisville as they got triple crowned and none of the 3 games were really that close.

Same with last year's UConn team-I knew Maryland was a bad match for UConn, but that doesn't mean UConn didn't squander some chances against them. How many times has a team outrebounded another team by +11 in the first half and find themselves down 11 pts at halftime?!

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
First couple results go our way today: Arkansas and Alabama lose which moves us up to no worse than #18 on the S-Curve. We need to get to #12 by Selection Sunday.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

3 seed you get the winner of the first round 11-6 game. Maybe G'town? 4 seed you get a fresh 5 seed, Marquette most likely. Look for the best opp to win the first game.
Don’t buy “fresh”. Exact opposite. In these unbalanced brackets the team with a game under its belt wins more than they should with the momentum. I like our chances with Marquette.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
First couple results go our way today: Arkansas and Alabama lose which moves us up to no worse than #18 on the S-Curve. We need to get to #12 by Selection Sunday.
Made me some pocket change on th noon games :)
7DE73ADF-49A0-43D1-9989-EC5431EB0463.png

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Somewhat off-topic but Texas State, #1 seed in Sun Belt, goes down in quarterfinals to #8 seed Louisiana. It’s March.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Made me some pocket change on th noon games :) View attachment 74008
'Made me some pocket change on the noon games'
dinner on auggie! i suppose arby's is on the menu, so i'll have something edible made of beef. hold the vodka fries, or fried vodka, or whatever that mess was called. i ain't eating that, despite my very low standards.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
'Made me some pocket change on the noon games'
dinner on auggie! i suppose arby's is on the menu, so i'll have something edible made of beef. hold the vodka fries, or fried vodka, or whatever that mess was called. i ain't eating that, despite my very low standards.
That will handle maybe a 3rd of the Sparks steakhouse bill in NYC next week, but we are on our way. :)

Reaction Score
I was rooting for UConn of course. And Syracuse. They suffered a crushing loss.

Reaction Score
By the end of the day we want to be back on the 4-seed line going into the BET and we also want to see the Big East get 7 teams in. Here are the teams we want to win today.

Big East:
UConn
Nova
Marquette
Creighton
Xavier

SEC:
LSU
Tennessee
Kentucky

OVC:
Murray State

MVC:
Loyola

WCC:
San Francisco

A-10:
Davidson
Saint Louis

MW:
Fresno State
Nevada

ACC:
Louisville
Clemson

B1G:
Purdue

Pac-12:
Washington State
Utah
We will be in Auburn's bracket. Bring it on.

Reaction Score
I have know idea how the brackets work. I'd like Creighton, Providence, and Nova in that order.

Reaction Score
Well Seton hall, Nova and Maybe Providence it is. I preferred Marquette over Seton Hall due to matchup but whatever. Huskies just go and win it all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom