Teams we are rooting for today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Teams we are rooting for today

Reaction Score
By the end of the day we want to be back on the 4-seed line going into the BET and we also want to see the Big East get 7 teams in. Here are the teams we want to win today.

Big East:
UConn
Nova
Marquette
Creighton
Xavier

SEC:
LSU
Tennessee
Kentucky

OVC:
Murray State

MVC:
Loyola

WCC:
San Francisco

A-10:
Davidson
Saint Louis

MW:
Fresno State
Nevada

ACC:
Louisville
Clemson

B1G:
Purdue

Pac-12:
Washington State
Utah
How could you forget Miami? Rooting very hard for them today.

Reaction Score
I think people are confusing some of the posts on here of a 4 seed in the BET with 4 seed in the NCAAs.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I want the 4 seed in the BET because I’m going to the tourney with my fiancé (nova raised UConn converted!), soon to be father in law, bro in law (Nova guys) and my dad @okaforprez sr.

Would love to set up a UConn Nova champ rubber match.

Reaction Score
I want the 4 seed not because it’s longer to avoid Nova, but more that it gives a sooner chance for the revenge beating of Providence and knocking them out before the title game.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
As a 4 seed we have a chance to play PC. Which I would like.

I view it like this - which ever seed happens, happens. We don't control that now. I would actually prefer to play in the evening games as the crowd would be to UConn advantage. Also I don't really buy that Nova would be a more difficult match up than PC. Let's just beat who ever we face one game at a time.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
By the end of the day we want to be back on the 4-seed line going into the BET and we also want to see the Big East get 7 teams in. Here are the teams we want to win today.

Big East:
UConn
Nova
Marquette
Creighton
Xavier

SEC:
LSU
Tennessee
Kentucky

OVC:
Murray State

MVC:
Loyola

WCC:
San Francisco

A-10:
Davidson
Saint Louis

MW:
Fresno State
Nevada

ACC:
Louisville
Clemson

B1G:
Purdue

Pac-12:
Washington State
Utah
Lol we want to be on the 4 seed line. Totally disagree with that. We want to finish as high as possible. This isn’t the NBA or NFL where you tank games for a draft pick .

I don’t care about matchups going into BET. They don’t help us and that is putting the cart before the horse type of nonsense. We play well we beat anybody , we don’t play well we lose to anybody. Providence is no easier than Nova, and we have to win Thursday to face either one anyway, and guess what? So do they. The top 7 teams or so can beat or lose to anybody, and I’d prefer we finish 3rd than 4th because it means they had a better regular season.

There is not one team in conference we need to stay away from. We just need to play well.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I’d much rather a 4 seed in the tournament with fewer BE teams getting in than a 5 or 6 and more getting in. Thus I’m rooting for everyone in the 3,4,5 line to lose

Reaction Score
Need a Seton Hall win. I have tickets to session 3. If we're going to beat PC or Creighton this year, I'd enjoy it being for the title.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lol we want to be on the 4 seed line. Totally disagree with that. We want to finish as high as possible. This isn’t the NBA or NFL where you tank games for a draft pick .

I don’t care about matchups going into BET. They don’t help us and that is putting the cart before the horse type of nonsense. We play well we beat anybody , we don’t play well we lose to anybody. Providence is no easier than Nova, and we have to win Thursday to face either one anyway, and guess what? So do they. The top 7 teams or so can beat or lose to anybody, and I’d prefer we finish 3rd than 4th because it means they had a better regular season.

There is not one team in conference we need to stay away from. We just need to play well.
We don't have to lose to get the 4 seed in the BET. There's no rooting for the team to lose. We'll have the same record. There's basically no difference between being 3rd and being tied for 3rd (and thus getting 4th seed) in terms of prestige or achievement.

"Matchups don't help us" is incredibly naïve.

Reaction Score

3 seed you get the winner of the first round 11-6 game. Maybe G'town? 4 seed you get a fresh 5 seed, Marquette most likely. Look for the best opp to win the first game.

Reaction Score
As a 4 seed we have a chance to play PC. Which I would like.
I mean, I'd like it too seeing we didn't get to play them twice but I still think getting the 3 seed is good for morale.

Reaction Score

3 seed you get the winner of the first round 11-6 game. Maybe G'town? 4 seed you get a fresh 5 seed, Marquette most likely. Look for the best opp to win the first game.
the best opp is marquette. Hall has been playing as well as anyone and them beating gtown in the 6/11 is a forgone conclusion. we matchup better w/ marquette than hall.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
We don't have to lose to get the 4 seed in the BET. There's no rooting for the team to lose. We'll have the same record. There's basically no difference between being 3rd and being tied for 3rd (and thus getting 4th seed) in terms of prestige or achievement.

"Matchups don't help us" is incredibly naïve.
Nope we can win and get the 4 still sure, but why do I root for the team competing with us for the 3 to win?

Matchups can help at times . So let me be more clear: I don’t believe that in this years edition of the big East tournament that any specific matchup in the quarters or semis give us a decidedly better chance of winning or losing. ( unless Georgetown or butler win a couple)

Reaction Score
So let me be more clear: I don’t believe that in this years edition of the big East tournament that any specific matchup in the quarters or semis give us a decidedly better chance of winning or losing. ( unless Georgetown or butler win a couple)
if we had gotten our rematch i think we'd be 3-1 versus PC and MU this year versus 2-2 against Nova and Hall. everyone thinks PC is a fake champ and Nova is better dont they?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
if we had gotten our rematch i think we'd be 3-1 versus PC and MU this year versus 2-2 against Nova and Hall. everyone thinks PC is a fake champ and Nova is better dont they?

Nova may be better, but difference is very slight, and certainly much slighter than this board makes it out to be. PC is an excellent squad.

As far as Marquette, we handled them . But I wouldn’t look forward to seeing Shaka and Lewis again as a foregone conclusion. This is a tough league

Reaction Score
Nova may be better, but difference is very slight, and certainly much slighter than this board makes it out to be. PC is an excellent squad.

As far as Marquette, we handled them . But I wouldn’t look forward to seeing Shaka and Lewis again as a foregone conclusion. This is a tough league
Absolutely no forgone conclusions, agreed, but that’s exactly why I’m hoping for the better matchups. Every possible advantage counts.

Reaction Score
You should root for your team to have the highest seed, UConn win and Seton Hall win gives UConn a 3 seed and boost Seton Hall NET into the 30 area. Villanova can be beat.
Why? I want to win today, and would never want to lose for seeding sakes. But who cares whether we finish the season as the third seed or fourth seed? Why isn’t the actual draw far more important?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

PC is an excellent squad but we don’t have to play the kind of game we played against Nova to beat PC. The Nova crowd was the best crowd in 15 years. That is what got us over the hump in that game. The MSG will be great but it won’t be that XL crowd.

If we play well, we will beat PC. If we play our best game of the season, we will beat Nova. That is the difference. Also, Nova has a habit of choking before the BET title game so we may avoid them altogether.

Reaction Score
I want to finish ahead of Creighton because after the regular season, the 3 team is better than the 4 team. Enough said. A blue jay is a very fine looking animal but in the sports world, they suck arse. Maybe not Johns Hopkins, I'll give it a pass.

Reaction Score
Just win you play quote on quote preferred game don’t even show up in March then.

Reaction Score
I view it like this - which ever seed happens, happens. We don't control that now. I would actually prefer to play in the evening games as the crowd would be to UConn advantage. Also I don't really buy that Nova would be a more difficult match up than PC. Let's just beat who ever we face one game at a time.
That is basically the way I am looking at it. I know UConn beat Marquette twice, but that doesn’t mean Marquette can’t beat them. I know Creighton has beaten UConn twice, but both games could’ve gone either way And UConn can beat them even though they have not yet. In 2014 UConn got triple crowned by Louisville and none of the 3 games were that close.

Reaction Score
It's ridiculous to think we want to avoid Nova and get PC; people are acting like PC is little sisters of the poor. Are they lucky this year? Obviously. Are they a damn good team who match up really well with UConn? Absolutely. And to win the BET, it's foolish to think we wont play both of these teams. They're the cream of the crop this year, and I would not be surprised at all to see PC make it to the BE Championship game. Same goes for Nova. Who cares what order we get them in
Also, although PC lost both times to Villanova...these games were VERY close and could've gone either way. PC can hold their own against most very good teams, they're just not used to being this successful. Ed Cooley deserves a lot of credit along with possibly winning national coach the year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom