Team UConn | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Team UConn

Reaction Score
The whole higher ed complex is a giant bubble.

The cost/value ratio is competely out of whack.

Few schools and majors actually prepare people for careers.

With AR and VR technology coming quickly. you don’t have to spend 40k a year to live on some campus to have an arrogant egghead tell you about art history.

Think about half the garbage they make students take. Sit here with 100 kids with a TA who makes $6 an hour to memorize some crap for a test you can safely forget 20 minutes later.

The space, the admins, the bloated salaries, the crashing state subsidies.... you are going to be able to learn more, faster at a fraction of the cost.

I don’t know how fast it’s going to happen, but schools that are investing huge dollars in physical buildings and spending at three times the rate of inflation are headed for a very painful fall off the cliff.

That’s why they already are so dependant on international students. When that doesn’t sate their need to spend going forward good luck finding the next customers to bleed dry.

It’s going to be a spectacular crash in places like Connecticut. Upside down demos combined with a death spiral state budget that is going to force the wealthy to vote with their feet.

If Herbst was doing something for the state and school she’d be solving for how to make it an institution that can sustain not just begging for the maximum amount of money to feed to useless administrators.
Man, I only hope I’m dead before that. Truly depressing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What are you arguing? Anything?

I’m pointing out that the worship for Herbst is misguided.

It plays out the same way everytime.

I pointed out Diaco was a loser and people got mad

I pointed out Manuel was a complete clown and people got mad.

I pointed out Ollie was cooked 2 seasons ago and people didn’t want to hear it.

These days Ollie is public enemy number one around here but nobody wants to hold the leadership responsible for him. They bankrupted the place so they have to play games with his buy-out. It wasn’t that long ago Herbst and Warde were quite happy to tie themselves to Ollie. Now that things went south SuzieLax sends DB out to scapegoat him. Total scumbag move.

People don’t like to admit they are wrong and since they have been dryhumping her leg for years - they are now reduced to hyping a magazine ranking nobody thinks is legitimate. Plus maybe THIS time they didn’t make a disasterous hire.

Shocking nobody has come calling for her even after this amazing academic run-up!

Reaction Score
Not sure I agree about Herbst. It seems she and Manuel were either asleep at the switch when the Louisville and Rutgers moves were being made, or possibly were just so inexperienced that they didn't know what to do. Either way, two teams (especially Rutgers) made moves that have saved them financially while UConn wallows in a morass of declining revenues and higher costs.
She had no control over RU going before us, and probably none for Louisville.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Man, I only hope I’m dead before that. Truly depressing.

Before the bottom falls out on Connecticut?

Root for the SALT deduction to return. Losing that is ridiculously expensive for the 500 people who fund this state.

The income tax is half the revenue and New Caanan pays more in income tax than Hartford, Waterbury and Bridgeport combined. It’s a scary small number of households in Ffld Cty that fund this place - every one that leaves is a blow.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'm sure some posters in this thread have interesting thoughts to convey but I see massive run-on posts I keep going....the key to good communication is brevity.
Keep your elipses to three dots and you'll increase your credibility as a written communications expert.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

These days Ollie is public enemy number one around here but nobody wants to hold the leadership responsible for him. They bankrupted the place so they have to play games with his buy-out. It wasn’t that long ago Herbst and Warde were quite happy to tie themselves to Ollie. Now that things went south SuzieLax sends DB out to scapegoat him. Total scumbag move.

People don’t like to admit they are wrong and since they have been dryhumping her leg for years - they are now reduced to hyping a magazine ranking nobody thinks is legitimate. Plus maybe THIS time they didn’t make a disasterous hire.

Shocking nobody has come calling for her even after this amazing academic run-up!
Not a point that means anything to anybody but Jimmy. Sports just isn’t her main mission andvif it is, overall they ain’t so bad.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Anyone interested in how Whaler really felt about Diaco, check my signature

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not a point that means anything to anybody but Jimmy. Sports just isn’t her main mission andvif it is, overall they ain’t so bad.

If you can’t comprehend what people are saying just sit it out. NOBODY has said this.

The argument that the athletic department wasn’t on fire is hilarious. The people who win predate this leadership team and they bankrupted it by running the revenue sports into icebergs.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If you can’t comprehend what people are saying just sit it out. NOBODY has said this.

The argument that the athletic department wasn’t on fire is hilarious. The people who win predate this leadership team and they bankrupted it by running the revenue sports into icebergs.
Great. If Jimmy wants to jerk around about firing Herbst related to athletics he’s the bomb. The problems predated Manuel. Manuel might or might not have been as bad as you think. And Herbst answers to the BOD. Sorry old pal, but the university is more than basketball and football. If it isn’t, she should be fired.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

who from the boneyard thinks warde should take a deep, long bow?

Yeah if I were Harbaugh I’d want attention elsewhere too. Michigan football has tire fire potential.

You need to dig for the comedy tho.

8 straight baseball wins. To get to 12-11!

They swept Bowling Green. Won a midweek game against Oakland. Swept 6-16 Michigan State.

Smells like a Helms championship to me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Great. If Jimmy wants to jerk around about firing Herbst related to athletics he’s the bomb. The problems predated Manuel. Manuel might or might not have been as bad as you think. And Herbst answers to the BOD. Sorry old pal, but the university is more than basketball and football. If it isn’t, she should be fired.

John Cougar Mellencamp can’t burn a strawman better than this.

Manuel hired Bob Diaco. There exists no defense for him. I hope he enjoyed running up the tab at Atlantis when Louisville was spiking the ball in UConn’s face.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
John Cougar Mellencamp can’t burn a strawman better than this.

Manuel hired Bob Diaco. There exists no defense for him. I hope he enjoyed running up the tab at Atlantis when Louisville was spiking the ball in UConn’s face.
I never thought you that dense. You know what Manuel was doing. Either you’re a creepy stalker or you have sources. Like I’m making arguments out of nothing. And few UConn people knocked Diaco ahead of his first season. Maybe you are Kreskin.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I never thought you that dense. You know what Manuel was doing. Either you’re a creepy stalker or you have sources. Like I’m making arguments out of nothing. And few UConn people knocked Diaco ahead of his first season. Maybe you are Kreskin.

What Manuel was doing at Atlantis?

He was hobnobbing at a women’s basketball tourney on the taxpayer’s dime while Louisville was setting up their AD for decades. This isn’t secret information. If you don’t have even that basic level of background should you really be attacking me?

Your argument for Manuel is that our clueless fanbase didn’t realize Diaco was a fraud so he can’t be held responsible? Even though some of us sniffed it out immediately and took multiple years of abuse before they figured it out? There are thousands of posts on the football board where it played out in real time. The hire was so bad the program is at risk. But if you want to defend the rockstar with questionable ethics knock yourself out.

Since SuzieLax and Warde wrote themselves kickers for Ollie’s potential success why don’t they own any of the actual failure?

Reaction Score
Says Florida Directional School Guy.

Crowned by @Palatine

Eat it.
Oh so it's a worthless annointing. And that's a directional school has a top 15 ranked masters program. No worries you will soon shift loyalties away from the crippled hero.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
What Manuel was doing at Atlantis?

He was hobnobbing at a women’s basketball tourney on the taxpayer’s dime while Louisville was setting up their AD for decades. This isn’t secret information. If you don’t have even that basic level of background should you really be attacking me?

Your argument for Manuel is that our clueless fanbase didn’t realize Diaco was a fraud so he can’t be held responsible? Even though some of us sniffed it out immediately and took multiple years of abuse before they figured it out? There are thousands of posts on the football board where it played out in real time. The hire was so bad the program is at risk. But if you want to defend the rockstar with questionable ethics knock yourself out.

Since SuzieLax and Warde wrote themselves kickers for Ollie’s potential success why don’t they own any of the actual failure?
The starting premise from silly Jimmy supported by you is that sports wags the academic tail at a university. If that’s true, we’re in a whole heap of stupid. And as soon as you discount the academics, it does not reflect well on your degree.

Again, sources. Again, foresight. Silly and childlike. I’m not thrilled about where the major sports are, but the university is doing just fine under Susie.

Reaction Score
Edsall concerns me more than Hurley. I am waiting to see if he learned something from Rhett Lashlee or not. Once we know the answer, I’ll decide.

Hurley is a slam dunk. He’s going to recruit at the highest level we’ve ever recruited. Watch.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The starting premise from silly Jimmy supported by you is that sports wags the academic tail at a university. If that’s true, we’re in a whole heap of stupid. And as soon as you discount the academics, it does not reflect well on your degree.

Again, sources. Again, foresight. Silly and childlike. I’m not thrilled about where the major sports are, but the university is doing just fine under Susie.

I hope @rich1122 paid the bar tab.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh so it's a worthless annointing. And that's a directional school has a top 15 ranked masters program. No worries you will soon shift loyalties away from the crippled hero.

I’m sure you’ve blown us away with whatever USF program is a top 15 masters program but your posts generally threaten the accredation of any school that has admitted you.

Reaction Score

You really are about 1% as smart as you think you are.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You really are about 1% as smart as you think you are.
Give me real information about anything, not your strong suit, and I can be convinced. Just saying stuff is not factual. And if you were not screwing around that Herbst should be fired solely because of the results of two coaching hires and Manuel despite success with the university’s academics, and without regard to the role of BOT, lay it out. You’re the genius here. I’m. open to anything but bs.

Reaction Score
I’m sure you’ve blown us away with whatever USF program is a top 15 masters program but your posts generally threaten the accredation of any school that has admitted you.
Then it's a good thing I don't measure my life by posts and fake likes, as you do.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Then it's a good thing I don't measure my life by posts and fake likes, as you do.

I can picture you: Sweat dripping on the keyboard. Nose 6 inches from the monitor.

Took 20 long hard minutes but you got those words written.

It’s like when we watch the dancing pig: We don’t judge the dancing, we applaud him.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Do the grad programs at USF meet at Mons Venus or do they get to hang out in the place shaped like a spaceship?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom