Team Meets President (merged thread) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Team Meets President (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tell me that Breanna Stewart Stef Dolson (and Kiah Stokes??) did NOT just put up their fingers to make 'bunny ears' behind the President's head during the concluding photo-op !!!!

:p

[Edit: my mistake! Stef is the guilty party....]

Definitely tacky and disrespectful, Stef and Kiah should have known better. This is disrespectful to the POTUS but as representatives of UCONN, they know they represent a standard of excellence... CD's wrath is probably headed their way.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Is it me, or did CD the elder get younger looking?

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Definitely tacky and disrespectful, Stef and Kiah should have known better. This is disrespectful to the POTUS but as representatives of UCONN, they know they represent a standard of excellence... CD's wrath is probably headed their way.

One one hand, you are probably right: not the sort of thing that CD wants to see.

On the other hand, one thing I share with the POTUS is, we're both the fathers of two daughters, two athletic daughters. Can't speak about the Obama girls, but mine were reared with a healthy daily dose of humor, seasoned with sarcasm and irreverence. If I were Prez - and we can all be thankful that I'm not - this would not have surprised nor phased me in the least.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Yeah - I think this matter will not go unnoticed by CD. Not sure what will happen, but some 'treat' will be withheld or some punishment will be inflicted. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a bit of letter writing involved with carefully worded apology.

For little Geno and his immigrant mother, these trips to the WH have to be incredibly special. Not to be overly political but this is one human side of the immigration debate.
It is a great story! Being Italian- there are so many people that don't like Geno because he is Italian. Being anti Italian is ok- that is not really being racist- because they are Italian. Life is funny!!!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Pres gets sassy and gives a Z-snap. Watch the entire video. Funny

http://www.nowthisnews.com/news/Oba...sroom&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=newsroom

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
It was great, except for the bunny ears...not good.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
My wife is a pastor and in our many discussions, we have concluded that God has a sense of humor. I am hopeful that our President has one, too.

I understand the concept of respecting the office of POTUS, and of representing your school/state/community with proper behavior (something we tell our students whenever they go on field trips!) but good grief, there is a huge difference between being "disrespectful" in a way that is clearly playful and friendly, as is the case here, and the mean-spritedness in some of the crass statements political opponents make about each other or when the Iraqi journalist threw a shoe at President Bush.

Let it go folks.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
My wife is a pastor and in our many discussions, we have concluded that God has a sense of humor. I am hopeful that our President has one, too.

I understand the concept of respecting the office of POTUS, and of representing your school/state/community with proper behavior (something we tell our students whenever they go on field trips!) but good grief, there is a huge difference between being "disrespectful" in a way that is clearly playful and friendly, as is the case here, and the mean-spritedness in some of the crass statements political opponents make about each other or when the Iraqi journalist threw a shoe at President Bush.

Let it go folks.

And this was the President who did a Z-snap to the team. He made it a more playful event.

Stef isn't showing signs of remorse:

stefanie Dolson@bigmommastef 2h
Casually giving the president bunny ears! Had a great time being with the team.. Oh and the president pic.twitter.com/xoj9BELQ77

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Geno and CD may have different opinions. Just saying....

Reaction Score
What awesome PR for UCONN women's Basketball and every recruit will see this today or this week and say, I cannot wait to meet the President in 2014 and 2015 and 2016 and 2017 and 2018 and 2019 then Geno and CD retire........with 14 NC's.and over 1100 wins......Nobody will catch Geno............

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

Let it go folks.
Totally agree in levels of disrespect, and I agree about God having a sense of humor, but while CD is good, I am not sure she is THAT good!
And while it was not a state occasion, it was a formal one. I think rabbit ears might be worse than a headband in CDs book.

T

TroyHouse66

Bunny ears ..a real problem?
Hey, we've been to Barack's place so often, doesn't some of this fall into the realm of "family photos".
Hey!! Uncle Barack started the familiarity!!
[Besides... we'd all best stay on good relations with "our family"... (If Malia gets any where near her Uncle's 6'-6"... Geno & Chris may want a shot at her..)]

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The 1st thing that came to my mind when I saw the photo - how stupid can they be! The team members were invited guests of the president of the United States. The juvenile, wise ass fingers were not only not funny, they were inappropriate and disrespectful not only to the president but also to Obama as a person.

I hope their punishment equals the level of embarrassment they brought to the team and their coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom