Team Meets President (merged thread) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Team Meets President (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Incidentally, every one of the players (and coaches) looked downright gorgeous, not surprisingly. To my eye, Morgan and KML took particular delight in getting all 'dolled up' today!

And Marisa looked stunning (as always)......;)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Great event - Obama is very good at these things - nice facts and research by his staff - but also a genuine warmth about the whole event.

One small gripe, and I know they are still very young, but Kiah and Stef with the rabbit ears behind the president during the photo shoot at the end was not very cool. I am sure he wouldn't mind, but ... I would rather a little more respect for the dignity of POTUS.

Icebear - I think CD was trying to have him acknowledge some one special in the audience (her parents?)

Boy is that an attractive group of young women. And thank goodness no headbands to be seen! (reference to DT's strongest memory of her WH visits - CD freaking because one of the guys on the mens Syracuse team was wearing a headband.)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Leave it to Breanna (19 years old going on 15....:p) to show no hesitation when presented with a bunny ears opportunity, POTUS or no POTUS.
Pretty sure it was Stef and Kiah and NOT Breanna - Stef was reaching across her.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
One small gripe, and I know they are still very young, but Kiah and Stef with the rabbit ears behind the president during the photo shoot at the end was not very cool. I am sure he wouldn't mind, but ... I would rather a little more respect for the dignity of POTUS.

Was it Stef and Kiah, rather than Breanna and Kiah?

I may have mistakenly put the blame on Breanna..... I'll have to go back and look again later.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just watched again - it was clearer on the WH feed because it was at quite an angle that it was Stef that did the rabbit ears with Kiah. When I watched the ESPN3 feed it was a little harder to tell, but it was definitely Stef. (and it from that angle it didn't actually annoy me so much.
Loved the President doing the 'Snap' when talking about his bracket (that was Stef again with the 'hmmmm'. And she also had an oversized fist pump when he overruled Geno and told them to take the weekend off. Would irrepressible be a valid adjective for Stef?!

Reaction Score
Was Stef and Kiah. Will they both be in trouble for acting that way?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Was Stef and Kiah. Will they both be in trouble for acting that way?

If I were Geno (actually this is the kind of thing CD will probably end up addressing), I would still make sure they got some sort of comeuppance, though I may still be smiling while I doled out the punishment for these smart alecs....:rolleyes:....Because yes it was in good fun, but it was still the POTUS and you just don't do that.... IMHO. :rolleyes:

Some kind of punishment that is embarrassing to them, etc., but that might not be easy with these two characters ! LOL After all, Stef has been known to do funky dances on the shopping mall escalator in full view of shoppers...:D

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Great event - Obama is very good at these things - nice facts and research by his staff - but also a genuine warmth about the whole event.

Icebear - I think CD was trying to have him acknowledge some one special in the audience (her parents?)

Boy is that an attractive group of young women. And thank goodness no headbands to be seen! (reference to DT's strongest memory of her WH visits - CD freaking because one of the guys on the mens Syracuse team was wearing a headband.)

I agree that is what she seemed to be doing. Still takes guts to redirect the president after he has moved past you.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Incidentally, every one of the players (and coaches) looked downright gorgeous, not surprisingly. To my eye, Morgan and KML took particular delight in getting all 'dolled up' today!

And Marisa looked stunning (as always)......;)
I just said to my wife, they play basketball like they are possessed, and yet our teams are always so beautiful inside and out. That is what makes me fanatical. We love everyone of them!

Reaction Score
Wow, the video has disappeared. I cannot get it from my tablet. Link please.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
500x345

500x354

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
No denying it now.

175090386.jpg

WASHINGTON, DC - JULY 31: The 2013 NCAA champion University of Connecticut Huskies Women's basketball players Stefanie Dolson (L) and Kiah Stokes (C) give President Barack Obama (R) bunny ears while the team poses for a photograph with the president in the East Room of the White House July 31, 2013 in Washington, DC. Obama hosted the team after they defeated the University of Louisville on April 9 to win their eighth national championship. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno's mom sitting between his sister and wife Kathy.

175090397.jpg

WASHINGTON, DC - JULY 31: NCAA champion University of Connecticut Huskies Women's basketball head coach Geno Auriemma's mother, Marciella Auriemma (C), sits in the front row to watch her son's team being honored by President Barack Obama in the East Room of the White House July 31, 2013 in Washington, DC. Obama hosted the team after they defeated the University of Louisville on April 9 to win their eighth national championship. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Oh boy- the girl's are going to take some heat for the pic above. It's funny , but not a great idea behind the President. And I'm not his biggest fan. Kiah even looks like she knew she was doing something she shouldn't have.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah - I think this matter will not go unnoticed by CD. Not sure what will happen, but some 'treat' will be withheld or some punishment will be inflicted. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a bit of letter writing involved with carefully worded apology.

For little Geno and his immigrant mother, these trips to the WH have to be incredibly special. Not to be overly political but this is one human side of the immigration debate.

Reaction Score
well, all except Kelly who'll have to find someplace to change outfits...

ESPN's Stuart Scott ran in to the team at Bradley.

https://twitter.com/StuartScott/status/362543882245906432/photo/1

CD is going to have a fit over this pic,
well, all except Kelly who'll have to find someplace to change outfits...
ESPN's Stuart Scott ran in to the team at Bradley.

https://twitter.com/StuartScott/status/362543882245906432/photo/1
If CD sees this pic, she is going to be steaming :mad:...dresses with CT warm up pants, not cool in the land of CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom