Teaira McCowan | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Teaira McCowan

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Of all her stats, 8-8 from the FT line is very impressive. Nasty.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

It helps that the Lynx are playing some of their best ball and Pheesa is right in the middle.

On a side note, Pheesa did a number on her UConn teammates. Lou was stuffed and also drilled a 3pt shot in her grill and she also drove through Gabby on one of her most impressive drives into the center of the post.

Reaction Score
McCowan has a double double at halftime as the Fever are humiliating the Aces. With 12 points and 11 rebounds McCowan also dropped a nice dime for those who like to see that part of her game expanded.

McCowan ends the domination of the listless Aces with 24 points, 17 rebounds and 5 blocks in a superlative performance.

Any chance this gets attention of ROY voters?

I think it’s too late given they only have four games left and they’re all but eliminated from the playoffs (barring anything crazy like Indiana going 4-0 and Phoenix 0-5 in their last 5 games). I know wins-losses isn’t exactly a telling stat, but it does seem to factor into which player ends up winning the ROY award. Still, she could get some attention for it if she ends the season on a couple more 20+ & 10+ games with a few blocks, too. Otherwise the race is down to Napheesa and Arike.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
McCowan has always been raw. What Scaefer was able to do with her in Miss St, making her into an All American, was remarkable--and even he said she still had so much farther to go. She was still all potential heading into her rookie year, but if this is what "raw" looks like, the league has been warned. There is no reason that she shouldn't average a double double for the rest of her career, and I dont' think it's long before she's an 18ppg, 12rpg center.

Reaction Score
To update this:

McCowan has 4 assists in 547 minutes of play this year. That works out to .293 assists/40 minutes. She has a .13 assist/turnover ratio.

Fowles, no one's idea of a good passing center, has 41 assists in 832 minutes. That's 1.97 assists/40 minutes. She has a .71 a/to ratio.

On top of points, rebounds, and blocks, Big T is also improving her assists numbers. She has had 6 assists in the last 5 games.

Reaction Score
Basketball is all about matchups. McCowan didn't do as well against the Sparks with Brown and Vadeeva. Cambage seems to have a real problem playing against big strong post players. She just doesn't like the contact.

Reaction Score
Basketball is all about matchups. McCowan didn't do as well against the Sparks with Brown and Vadeeva. Cambage seems to have a real problem playing against big strong post players. She just doesn't like the contact.

The Fever had an 18-14 lead after the first quarter, but then the refs wanted to decide the game by putting McCowan in early foul trouble. Things pretty much unraveled from there.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Cambage likes playing against shorter posts because then she can whine that these little 'post' players are breaking every rule in trying to defend her.

Reaction Score
Cambage likes playing against shorter posts because then she can whine that these little 'post' players are breaking every rule in trying to defend her.

It’s kind of ironic. She complained about bigs not getting enough calls, and now McCowan is probably benefitting by getting more calls.

Reaction Score
I will admit I haven't watched all the games T has played in. But those I have watched they're not running plays very often designed for her to kick it back out or pass to a cutter. That's a large reason why she's not getting many assist.

I think the up tick in her stats the last couple of weeks is she has finally figured how fouls are called in the WNBA as opposed to College so she isn't getting into foul trouble and having to come out of the game.

Reaction Score
Based on stats Big T is maturing nicely. Cambage is a great player and it sounds like Tierra had a good game matched up with her. McCowan has tools in place to be successful. Hopefully she keeps growing.

Reaction Score
She didn’t do well against the Sparks, but it had little to do with Vadeeva or Brown
Quarter 1
- Vadeeva: 1:15
- Brown: 1:04
- McCowan: 8:06
Quarter 2
- Vadeeva: 0:00
- Brown: 4:08
- McCowan: 0:49
Quarter 3
- Vadeeva: 1:11
- Brown: 0:00
- McCowan: 10:00
Quarter 4
- Vadeeva: 10:00
- Brown: 5:33
- McCowan: 2:47

To say that McCowan didn’t do well against Brown and Vadeeva when she was barely on the floor at the same time as them is awful analysis.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
On the money above. I watched that game. I think McCowan scored 6 points early in Q1, but after picking up her 2nd foul she had to sit. She never really got going the rest of the game. Nneka kinda took her to school with her quickness and veteran savvy.

Brown and Vadeeva were both productive off the bench but the game was completely over before the 4th quarter started.

Reaction Score
tmfoulsdrawn.jpg

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Teaira McCowan is just on a mean tear lately. I unfortunately missed her last 3 games, but will NOT miss her in Westchester next Friday, toll charges or anything. I hope it'll be one of her efforts like her last 4 out of 5 though.

Reaction Score
Teaira McCowan is just on a mean tear lately. I unfortunately missed her last 3 games, but will NOT miss her in Westchester next Friday, toll charges or anything. I hope it'll be one of her efforts like her last 4 out of 5 though.

Who knows what kind of game you’ll see with both teams now officially out of the playoffs. Charles is already said to be missing tomorrow night’s game for “rest”.

Reaction Score
Who knows what kind of game you’ll see with both teams now officially out of the playoffs. Charles is already said to be missing tomorrow night’s game for “rest”.
I feel for Charles.. she's an all-world talent at the 4-5 but virtually gets no help. Nurse has stepped up quite a bit this year, but Katie Smith is not a good coach. The Liberty have been a dumpster fire.

One of my favorite sayings on here to say is " the best ability us availability." I wonder what this season might have been if Arike was drafted instead of Asia :p . Arike and Collier have played so much more minutes than any other rookie, clearly their endurance should be noted as well as their other talents. I can't recall either of them missing any college games.

I hope the Liberty get a better coach. They should not be worse than Dallas, who lost Cambage completely and Diggins for the season. They returned their key players, and added Durr.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
No way Smith survives. The way the Liberty plays, there are so few easy baskets. To win Charles and/or Kia have to have herculean games. The game in Westchester where the Owner Tsai was in the audience and we stunk up the second half (forget which opponent but the description can fit a lot of games :mad:)

And the fact that there is not even a snippet of evidence that they can develop Han Xu (14th pick) just when they move back to Brooklyn Barclays ( Large Chinese American Community) will not sit well with ownership.

I think losing Durr hurt alot since she is very creative but we need a first class coach

Oh. Just remembered this is a Teaira thread. :oops:

Reaction Score
Looks like Teaira had another good game last night against the Sparks. Is Parker still injured? Her numbers this year aren't great by comparison.

Reaction Score
The Fever trail the Lynx by two at the end of the third quarter as McCowan has outscored big Sylvia with her eight points and 10 boards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom