Te'a Cooper to Announce College Choice Thurs 6 PM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Te'a Cooper to Announce College Choice Thurs 6 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I thought I saw a Stokes "press conference" a few years back... am I wrong?

Reaction Score
It's the OTHER 2015 guard from Georgia (Asia Durr) that I am more excited about. Although I wish Ms. Cooper well in her future college plans.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
A nation waits with bated breath....

Reaction Score
So is this any different than Senior night in college? They work hard for 4 years and then their school applauds their effort and excitement...getting a scholarship / or a degree...How many of the thousands of players in college actually win a championship to be as excited again? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Somehow I think this type of behavior is the reason Stewie hasn't dunked yet..... attention. Some kids want it, others don't want to set themselves apart from their team. These kids also might be getting some advice from parents and piers and doing it to satisfy them.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I love it, announcing an announcement. It's like at work. Having a meeting to plan a meeting. :rolleyes:

This is like Murphy's Law or the Peter Principle, one of those "rules" to guide us in our everyday life. Goes something like this:

"Before you do something, you always have to do something else first."

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Charde had a press conference. I was lucky enough to attend. It was cool - all her family and lots of friends were in the little auditorium. After she announced, she went to the principals office with her family to sign her LOI. I was actually behind her when she called Geno. Told him she had verbaled to Texas. It was a terrific moment - Geno getting back some of his own!

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
These press conferences are not meant to wow the average college fan, but are mainly a celebration for their family, classmates, and close friends. Unless you've attended one, like Eric mentioned, you might not understand. In many cases, it's others that ask and beg them to allow them to have the celebration. It's similar to family's that demand their kids have a graduation party. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to have a day to celebrate one of the most important decisions in their lives.

Reaction Score
2 pages of criticizing Cooper for making an official announcement? don't see the issue. she is a super talented player who has worked hard to play division 1 bball. if Durr wants to make a similar announcement and pick UCONN, will you criticize her as well? they are kids. I say let them all have fun with it. the men do.

just my two cents...

Reaction Score
2 pages of criticizing Cooper for making an official announcement? don't see the issue. she is a super talented player who has worked hard to play division 1 bball. if Durr wants to make a similar announcement and pick UCONN, will you criticize her as well? they are kids. I say let them all have fun with it. the men do.

just my two cents...
Agree. As Lauper sang, "Girls just want to have fun." Wonder where she'll commit to.

Reaction Score

just my two cents...

Really? I see a lot more support for her decision than criticism. But maybe all the pro-Cooper posts were in orange tint and didn't show through those glasses you have on.

39 posts and not one directly saying one bad thing about Cooper. Lots of posts saying that it's a non-event for the poster, several pointing out the many UConn signees that also had press conferences to announce and a couple wishing Cooper well. Yes there were a few that don't like the "look at me" style that many athletes use today but hardly 2 pages. Instead of Orange Crush you appear to be drinking "Orange Stretch" (the truth).

Now run home and post how every BYer hates Cooper. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
An awfully important announcement.

What are her ambitions? To count the number of Elite Eights the rest of her life?
Or something better perhaps in South Carolina?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Charde had a press conference. I was lucky enough to attend. It was cool - all her family and lots of friends were in the little auditorium. After she announced, she went to the principals office with her family to sign her LOI. I was actually behind her when she called Geno. Told him she had verbaled to Texas. It was a terrific moment - Geno getting back some of his own!
Maybe that was Charde's problem. :) As Geno told Kaleena, there was room for only 1 smartass on the team, and it was him.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That's right after you have the meeting to decide if you need a meeting, right?
Yep. A meeting to decide you need a meeting, a meeting to plan the meeting out, the meeting, then a followup meeting to make sure it went ok. :rolleyes:

Wonder why things never get accomplished????:confused:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Alydar said:
Really? I see a lot more support for her decision than criticism. But maybe all the pro-Cooper posts.....:

Wow that was not necessary. to clarify, I deleted the stuff that wasn't necessarily simply because I did not want to repeat it. I did delete some okay stuff but I'm on my phone and it's a bit trickier doing this stuff on the phone.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Any comparing a young lady coming out of high school signing a letter of intent on the hood of a car,or a young lady coming out of high school,who wants to announce to the interested public who she will sign a letter of intent with,is really incomparable.

We are talking,only,of different personalities,and,in many cases,different egos.

Signing a letter of intent,in front of television cameras,or in front of your high school assembly,does not necessarily display ego.It may be just a teenager's way of celebration,on a decision coming to an end.

In today's society of texting,e-mail,facebook,etc.,it is easy to feel that public announcements are the way to go.

This young lady is very talented,and will be a good college player and student.I wish her the best,and hope she enjoys the experience soon to be there before her.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Really? I see a lot more support for her decision than criticism. But maybe all the pro-Cooper posts were in orange tint and didn't show through those glasses you have on.

39 posts and not one directly saying one bad thing about Cooper. Lots of posts saying that it's a non-event for the poster, several pointing out the many UConn signees that also had press conferences to announce and a couple wishing Cooper well. Yes there were a few that don't like the "look at me" style that many athletes use today but hardly 2 pages. Instead of Orange Crush you appear to be drinking "Orange Stretch" (the truth).

Now run home and post how every BYer hates Cooper. :rolleyes:

I agree with RadyLady - an unnecessarily strong reaction to LV's post. LV might have been a bit sensitive but a lot of the posts were certainly dismissive in their tone - at least as I read them. Not all of course, but a bunch of them in the first part of thread. I think it's okay to cut our visitors some slack.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It is a big decision for these kids. I say "let them enjoy the moment" and quit taking swipes at 16 and 17 year old girls. We live in a much more social media driven world than in the past so this seems like the norm to these players.

I am just ready for one of them to announce that she has chose Baylor.

JS

Reaction Score
LV might have been a bit sensitive but a lot of the posts were certainly dismissive in their tone - at least as I read them.
I read them as dismissive of the drama, not of the player -- with one no longer visible exception. (There's always somebody who has to draw a negative inference about somebody's personality, and that post is now gone under our regular rules as too personal.)

My take is that the dismissive posters think there's no drama because they've long since concluded she's going to Tennessee.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I read them as dismissive of the drama, not of the player -- with one no longer visible exception. (There's always somebody who has to draw a negative inference about somebody's personality, and that post is now gone under our regular rules as too personal.)

My take is that the dismissive posters think there's no drama because they've long since concluded she's going to Tennessee.

That's a good point - about not liking the drama versus the person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom