TCU AD confirms interest by FSU/Clemson/Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
And let the tampering lawsuits begin!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But wait, he isn't the Big East Commissioner so that statement must be false.

(I believe he also said "I am a truthful whitefoot")

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i read that as well this morning nelson. really to funny as basically the noob to all of this makes the mistake. which board did you read it off of? I got it from wvu board and also read the fsu update on page like 25 in that thread. you see miami didn't get enough votes? love that.

i think gt/pitt could really be 15 and 16 at this point. crazy right. now the rumors are that unc is trying for the sec over ncst. that would be the best news ever for uconn.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
We'll have to check with Spackler for a ruling on the validity of the statement.

Reaction Score
But wait a minute, Observer heard from his best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend who heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw FSU President Barron at 31 Flavors last night and he said FSU isnt going anywhere........

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
But wait a minute, Observer heard from his best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend who heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw FSU President Barron at 31 Flavors last night and he said FSU isnt going anywhere........

Sounds serious!

Reaction Score
I have no idea if it's valid or not - it's got nothing to do with the Big East.

Do I really have to hold your hands through all of this? Cant' tell if you guys are serious or not. It's simple. The big east had a major information and security aroudn information breakdown less than a year ago. University presidents sitting around the same table and blatantly lying in each other's faces when discussing the future's of their relative institutions and how they're allied for a common goal. To me, watching, it seems like as soon as a certain influence came on board for the Big East, the information flow and media moles were systematically flushed out of the system as we prepare for our business moving forward, and establishign that bond of trust again in the board rooms in priority #1, you don't have to all agree on things, but you have to establish the common goal, mission that works for everybody, and to me - that's exactly what's happened in the past 5-6 months or so.

so that's changed, and the security around info regarding the big east has changed. Right now, Boise is in the middle of dealing what's like being under the information flow microscope as they deal with another transition in conference affiliation, that will hopefully be their last for awhile.

AD Coyle, to me, gives the appearance of not being used to the media intensity he's going to get in teh Big EAst, but he'll learn. The guy didn't say anything false, or untrue in his interviews in Florida about Boise's dealing with the MWC, as reported, incorrectly - by of course, CBS. THe MWC approached Boise, and made a last pitch effort and threw everything they could at Boise to stay in the MWC, as information continues to come out, and Boise essentially sat and listened, said nothign, and got up and walked out and continued on their course with the Big EAst, and finding a home for their other sports.

I think Boise, given where they've come from, and what their dealing with, when it comes to what is happening in the intercollegiate landscape, is handling themselves pretty well actually.

So - enough words?

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.....LOL

MattMang23

Reaction Score

Do I really have to hold your hands through all of this? Cant' tell if you guys are serious or not. It's simple. The big east had a major information and security aroudn information breakdown less than a year ago. University presidents sitting around the same table and blatantly lying in each other's faces when discussing the future's of their relative institutions and how they're allied for a common goal. To me, watching, it seems like as soon as a certain influence came on board for the Big East, the information flow and media moles were systematically flushed out of the system as we prepare for our business moving forward, and establishign that bond of trust again in the board rooms in priority #1, you don't have to all agree on things, but you have to establish the common goal, mission that works for everybody, and to me - that's exactly what's happened in the past 5-6 months or so.

so that's changed, and the security around info regarding the big east has changed. Right now, Boise is in the middle of dealing what's like being under the information flow microscope as they deal with another transition in conference affiliation, that will hopefully be their last for awhile.

AD Coyle, to me, gives the appearance of not being used to the media intensity he's going to get in teh Big EAst, but he'll learn. The guy didn't say anything false, or untrue in his interviews in Florida about Boise's dealing with the MWC, as reported, incorrectly - by of course, CBS. THe MWC approached Boise, and made a last pitch effort and threw everything they could at Boise to stay in the MWC, as information continues to come out, and Boise essentially sat and listened, said nothign, and got up and walked out and continued on their course with the Big EAst, and finding a home for their other sports.

I think Boise, given where they've come from, and what their dealing with, when it comes to what is happening in the intercollegiate landscape, is handling themselves pretty well actually.

So - enough words?

Thanks for explaining it. I understand it now.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The problem with trying to find a mole in the Big East is that it's a league FULL OF MOLES.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

So - enough words?

Not sure if you are in the wrong thread, but this thread was started regarding the TCU AD speaking at a function and stating that FSU, Clemson and Miami are reaching out to the Big12.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The ACC schools are firmly committed to the ACC except for the ones who are tripping over themselves to fit both Texas' and Oklahoma's nuts in their mouth.

I find this part funny...this from a guy repping a school that's had three different conferences on its letter head in the past year or so.

"From my standpoint of right now, I want to stay let's take our breath. We are in a position of strength. Let's not rush into anything. We know expansion has to happen. It may not be for a while. We are in the catbird seat right now. We don't need to rush it. You are excited all of these teams want into the Big 12 and two years ago it was going to disintegrate."

Reaction Score
i read that as well this morning nelson. really to funny as basically the noob to all of this makes the mistake. which board did you read it off of? I got it from wvu board and also read the fsu update on page like 25 in that thread. you see miami didn't get enough votes? love that.

i think gt/pitt could really be 15 and 16 at this point. crazy right. now the rumors are that unc is trying for the sec over ncst. that would be the best news ever for uconn.

If UNC leave the ACC, ACC would fall apart. My only hope for UCONN is if we can't get into the B1G, some BE and ACC schools would leave both conferences and form a brand new eastern based conference. I certainly don't want UCONN just jump into the ACC with the leftovers. This time we can leave BCU out of the new configuration in the cold. Now that would be classic.

Reaction Score
Not sure if you are in the wrong thread, but this thread was started regarding the TCU AD speaking at a function and stating that FSU, Clemson and Miami are reaching out to the Big12.

It's all the same .

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's all the same .

Ah, no it ain't.

And there's what happens when someone who likes to hear himself talk gets caught pretending to listen.

Reaction Score
I have no idea what the reality of the Big EAst conference value will be once this is all on paper and signed in a few months, but I am pretty sure about one thing, well two things.

The ACC right now, is trying to plug holes in the dyke and don't have enough fingers, and a huge contributor to that right now, is because of the POTENTIAL that the Big East will earn more money for it's institutions than they earn, even after doing what they've done in the past decade to try to weaken the conference.

Imagine what will happen, if in 6-7 months, and college football post season rolls around, and the Big East actually does land a deal that makes a school like say UConn - earn more per year on athletic broadcasting rights, than Florida State.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If UNC leave the ACC, ACC would fall apart. My only hope for UCONN is if we can't get into the B1G, some BE and ACC schools would leave both conferences and form a brand new eastern based conference. I certainly don't want UCONN just jump into the ACC with the leftovers. This time we can leave BCU out of the new configuration in the cold. Now that would be classic.

do not read this fishy or whaler or bl

the way we are quickly building/rising in fball, if we ever got a big invite and cuse/bc and crew didn't have a big 4 invite, that day we would officially pass them for good and those programs would die. thats been my whole thing, i want to help speed up the death of those programs. college football is a public school world now with a few private schools that are big enough money and alum wise to carry on(nd/byu...). cuse and bc among others are not hanging on, they are falling off cliffs.

its going to be very clear how bad miami's ncaa issues are soon. if they get a b12 invite this summer with the others, then its not that bad. they are a big brand big market for the b12 to get but if they dont(any yesterday a insider reported the league didn't give them enough votes as #13) that tells me that the ncaa issues are enough that some think that program is getting the smu smack.

duke and wake after being left out will do whats best for bball.

pitt may be the only school saved. 2 weeks ago luck said something at a lum meeting to the effect "wvu will have atleast 1 close rival with us in the b12". thats either md, vt or pitt. considering vt and the sec are already in bed and mds issue with $$. i bet pitt is 1 of the 6 going to the b12. i think nd wants md also for dc but i think the b12 teams aren't sold on it. nd will def want 1 of pitt or bc for that meaningful ole rival game. as much as i rag on pitt, they are the clear choice over bc for many reasons...

i guess i see this now

b12
west-tex/tt/bay or tcu/ok/okst/kan/kst/ist
east-tcu or baylor/wvu/fsu/gt/clem/pitt/nd/ncst

sec + unc and vt

b10+ uva/md/ruty/uconn

pac+ bsu/sdsu/byu/school from nevada

acc-duke/wake/bc/cuse/miami
+army/navy
i bet they invite the bball schools asap also and the league is a very crapy fball. nova and gtown can upgrade to play fball so they make barely any $$ but life is better.
possibly + w&m or a butler upgrade.
possibly see bail on the crapy mwc and join in fball, travel isn't a problem for them:D
-temple is a wildcard to see if they value fball or bball more. they can pick between staying in the nbe or going acc.

be-usf/ucf/memphis/cincy/lville/uh/smu
+ecu/smiss/uab/mar/tul/latech/tulsa/gast/app

i bet the nbe stands ground to see what the tv contract would be and they don't want dying schools with them. the name big east actually fits that league now. its basically cusa improved and better looking on a map. they are the 5th best league and will continue to uphill battle with the bcs.

the mwc is everyone left over out west now.

Reaction Score

Nah, I miss BC at this point. If it comes down to it, I'd like to see UConn fight for BC's inclusion in our conference. Two big schools so close together should embrace the rivalry. I want to play BC regularly.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Nah, I miss BC at this point. If it comes down to it, I'd like to see UConn fight for BC's inclusion in our conference. Two big schools so close together should embrace the rivalry. I want to play BC regularly.

i would rather watch them die as we live well and then have a new england rival of uconn vs umass with uconn a b4 team and umass a mac team. thats a game we get in our back yard every year that we should win. we win in pr, bball and recruiting all dam day. and yet it can be a fun rival as they build there program to one day join us in the big18.

Reaction Score
Kicking the snot out of Cuse every season has been a blast. A few seasons ago I was in Syracuse for the UCONN game and we just teed off on those guys. Cody Brown had about 47 sacks and Brown and Todman ran by Orange DBs like they were standing still. The Orange faithful just sat there with this WTF look on their faces wondering how the hell UCONN passed them at warp speed.

Doing the same to BC will be even more fun.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Kicking the snot out of Cuse every season has been a blast. A few seasons ago I was in Syracuse for the UCONN game and we just teed off on those guys. Cody Brown had about 47 sacks and Brown and Todman ran by Orange DBs like they were standing still. The Orange faithful just sat there with this WTF look on their faces wondering how the hell UCONN passed them at warp speed.

Doing the same to BC will be even more fun.

yup beating the crap ut of cuse is fun and it would be fun to do it to bc also. but beating those fball teams doesn't get us anywhere in fball. its like uconn bball beating prov and bc in bball this winter, its doesn't help us as a program trying to be top notch.

unc/uva/md/psu/tosu/wvu/uk/ncst/vt those are teams we need to be playing. not cuse/pitt/bc/duke/wake.

Reaction Score
Heard an interesting comment last night from a Syracuse guy...he says Syracuse is not pushing as hard as Pitt to leave the big East in 2013 because they are concerned how this all plays out...Despite requests from Pitt to join in suing the Big East, they refused and are waiting to see how things play out...If indeed FSU and Clemson and Miami all left,or even any two of them left, the Orange would try and renegtiate their membership in the Big East...now I don't think that is true, but in the wacky world of realignment it almost sounds plausible.

By the way, if I'm an old Big East football school, UCONN, Rutgers Cincy, Louisville, USF, I'm having unofficial discussions with North Carolina, Duke, UVA, VaTech, NCState and maryland about forming a new all sports league which would be a basketball power and have at least some football potential adding BC, Pitt, Syracuse to the mix. Maybe you add one more for 14...Temple perhaps if you think Philly is important. Be a nice reginal league with sometradition and lots of upside I think.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

My theory on UNC:

1) They are talking to the SEC to force the Big 10's hand. The Butch Davis era notwithstanding, UNC does not want to be in a semi-pro league with "academic institutions" like those in the SEC, but the Big 10 has a fencepole lodged in its ass waiting to see what ND does. UVa has no credible threat to leave, because the SEC cares a lot more about on-the-field/court performance than academics, and VTech and UVa are the same from a market perspective. So the Big 10 could wait on UVa, but may have to move on UNC sooner than later.

2) UNC may be working a bait and switch with the SEC. UNC is in dialogue with the Big 10, and expects to join that league, especially if they can put some heat on the B1G to move now. That said, there will be political pressure not to abandon NC State. If UNC can sell the SEC on the NC market, then swap out NC State for themselves to the SEC, it could solve a lot of problems for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom