TCU AD confirms interest by FSU/Clemson/Miami | Page 3 | The Boneyard

TCU AD confirms interest by FSU/Clemson/Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Are you referring to the post where the person said the Big East (by deductive reasoning) will be the first to strike by bringing back SyraPitt and then acquiring BC and Maryland, or the post where UNC is going to go to the SEC? It all sounds more speculative than the typical speculation, which is really saying something!

some 1 in that thread posted that. thats just a fan like me saying random stuff. the op of that thread has been on the ball for months now with stuff. hes my favorite to follow. read his stuff. there are many threads with updates, hes plugged in with luck some how. in the past week the guy has been hours ahead of many things like the wvu baseball stuff and luck passing on the stanford job. he clearly has good info compared to thers like swaim and the unc idiot on the message boards. the point is in the last week he posted 2 updates in which both fsu and now clemson had both agreed in principle to move to the b12 and hes been updating other teams shopping. all along its seemed that the b12 is going to make a move but they dont want to be the 1 who kills the acc from a media standpoint. if its tru that the sec or b10 have something cooking, the acc is going to completely explode. this could be a quickly moving thing this summer and not play out over several years.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
some 1 in that thread posted that. thats just a fan like me saying random stuff. the op of that thread has been on the ball for months now with stuff. hes my favorite to follow. read his stuff. there are many threads with updates, hes plugged in with luck some how. in the past week the guy has been hours ahead of many things like the wvu baseball stuff and luck passing on the stanford job. he clearly has good info compared to thers like swaim and the unc idiot on the message boards. the point is in the last week he posted 2 updates in which both fsu and now clemson had both agreed in principle to move to the b12 and hes been updating other teams shopping. all along its seemed that the b12 is going to make a move but they dont want to be the 1 who kills the acc from a media standpoint. if its tru that the sec or b10 have something cooking, the acc is going to completely explode. this could be a quickly moving thing this summer and not play out over several years.

If you are referring to "The Dude of West Virginia", it sounds like he just announced that he believes tomorrow will be the big announcement of FSU to the Big12. We'll see how good this guy is tomorrow, I guess.

The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV
Keep your ear to the ground tomorrow folks. Sounds like a war party is heading west.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
nelson go to the wvu board. mhv just droped a update "the plot thickens". tell me what u think. could be a mess and a half about to drop.

MHV is jumping the shark a bit, He is regurgitating everything he hears, without any qualifier. The Notre Dame rumor makes no sense, but he is practically giddy about it.

That said, we are seeing the ACC spiral into the same lack of mutual distrust that ultimately destroyed the Big East. Everyone knows everyone else is looking, and they know that if they get an offer out, they better take it, because their conference mates won't pass it up.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If you are referring to "The Dude of West Virginia", it sounds like he just announced that he believes tomorrow will be the big announcement of FSU to the Big12. We'll see how good this guy is tomorrow, I guess.

user name MHver3. thats the guy i read over there.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Those are two different people with different "sources". They don't always agree either. It seems like tomorrow could be a big day.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Anyone worried about how BC survive this crap, as opposed to how UConn will, is not bright enough to understand how serious this is.

BC can win eight national championships in football and basketball for all I care as long as UConn comes through the realignment o.k. I love UConn sports far more than I give a crap about BC.

In reading his post again, you are even more wrong than you were the first time. Leaving BCU out would be exactly the right thing to do, especially with UMass in FBS. UMass has much more long term market potential than BCU.

And I also agree that Karma can be a MoFo, and BCU may be getting a Karma sandwich pretty soon.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think the b10 went thru its quiet stretch just like the 1st time it did things. then it says something random just like JD said last week. all of a sudden boom neb. same thing might be happening here. also why did nd have to come out today and say all is weel bball in the nbe etc...if your nd, why put that out there. stir the drink.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
i think the b10 went thru its quiet stretch just like the 1st time it did things. then it says something random just like JD said last week. all of a sudden boom neb. same thing might be happening here. also why did nd have to come out today and say all is weel bball in the nbe etc...if your nd, why put that out there. stir the drink.

It was an odd thing for ND to say, since ND's MO is to let everyone think that ND will join their league.

Reaction Score
Just before leaving a conference schools will normally say they are committed to the league, "we are proud members of this league", etc. Then suddenly, a few days later, they leave. This is to absolve them and their new conference of any legal trouble (tortious interference). If Notre Dame is about ready to leave for the Big 12, this is exactly the type of thing they should be saying. "We are happy here. Everything is fine." That way they can claim, a few days later, for legal purposes, that they just then decided to leave. ... Of course, they could also be saying it because they really do plan to stay in the Big East.

Reaction Score
Anyone worried about how BC survive this crap, as opposed to how UConn will, is not bright enough to understand how serious this is.

BC can win eight national championships in football and basketball for all I care as long as UConn comes through the realignment o.k. I love UConn sports far more than I give a crap about BC.

True!
And, I don't think the present UCONN management is prone to being classically stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom