2023 Recruiting: - Taylor Bol Bowen update | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Taylor Bol Bowen update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He killed it at Pangos one game. 2 he didn't play great vs the 2022s the first games but went off off for 22 points on 100% from the field including 2 from deep

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
He killed it at Pangos one game. 2 he didn't play great vs the 2022s the first games but went off off for 22 points on 100% from the field including 2 from deep
Is it normal to play teams a year older/younger at some of these tournaments? I'm sure the gifted athletes have always played older competition but I feel like at this high level of competition that would be a big disadvantage.

Reaction Score
Early line on Brewster players I expect to be able to report on this year. 2022 Dasonte Bowen PG 6'3 #153, 2022 Yann Farrell SF 6'7 #114, 2023 Taylor Bol-Bowen 6'8, 2024 Jason Asemota 6'7. I think I also saw something a while back about Dwayne Wade's son. Looks like the talent will be young, but the roster is always fluid until the games start. Frequently they have 4-5 true international players from Europe/Asia that include a decent prospect or two. I'm interested to see these young guys.

Reaction Score
Is it normal to play teams a year older/younger at some of these tournaments? I'm sure the gifted athletes have always played older competition but I feel like at this high level of competition that would be a big disadvantage.

It looks to me like there were just a handful of 2023s at the event. Generally the 5* types.

Reaction Score
Early line on Brewster players I expect to be able to report on this year. 2022 Dasonte Bowen PG 6'3 #153, 2022 Yann Farrell SF 6'7 #114, 2023 Taylor Bol-Bowen 6'8, 2024 Jason Asemota 6'7. I think I also saw something a while back about Dwayne Wade's son. Looks like the talent will be young, but the roster is always fluid until the games start. Frequently they have 4-5 true international players from Europe/Asia that include a decent prospect or two. I'm interested to see these young guys.
Also keep an eye on Jeremiah Jenkins from New Britain who went from '23 to '24 and will be playing for Brewster. UMass offer.

MADE Hoops®️ on Twitter: "Expressions Elite 15U duo Jason Asemota and Jeremiah Jenkins have been slow cooking for years‼️ @ExpressionsBall https://post original url/lRHTaOKV4F" / Twitter

Reaction Score
Taylor Bowen, F- We’ve already got Bowen ranked among the top 30 of the class of 2023 and after seeing him with his grassroots team Expressions Elite and now at Pangos, the ranking looks well-earned. Bowen is a long and lean athlete who plays with lots of energy and versatility. Big wing, small ball four, it doesn’t really matter because he fits both roles. He was finishing lobs, draining threes and seemed to have a lot of fun competing. Arkansas, Connecticut, Iowa, LSU, Penn State, Providence and Rutgers are just some of his offers.

Reaction Score
As noted by many Yarders and by observing the recent activity.. Many high-caliber/UConn style players kicking tires in Storrs these days. Coincidently, many but not all are from our prime recruiting areas of NYC/NE/NJ/Penn-but that geographic focus is clearly expanding as well.

What I appreciate about this staff's approach is they are creating a sense of urgency among these recruits by the sheer volume and quality of the candidates evaluating UConn BB. There are only so many spots to fill in the next two years and there appears to be a great deal of interest from recruits and their families. Decisions will have to be made soon if they want to be part of the drive for five.

Sure feels like DH/staff are "all in" on recapturing UConn's Blue Blood status sooner rather than later. Impressive to watch.

Reaction Score
All over this kid. From all accounts he's a super impressive young man re: maturity and work ethic.

Saw this tweet the other day and thought it was really great. Love to see the staff getting after great players who are high character people. Seems like a really good kid.

You can't teach this kind of stuff. Most guys, even ones on our team, are ego trips that don't really even notice the kid sitting on the sidelines watching.

I'd put my money on Bowen being our first 5* with Hurley. Fits our style of play perfectly at the 4. He's basically Akok with a better handle and shot at the same age.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul