2023 Recruiting: - Taylor Bol Bowen update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Taylor Bol Bowen update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
#455 he went by was Luke Hunger from Northfield Mount Herman. Not sure who was at the rim, but Filipowski's are not on that team.

Reaction Score
I know it seemed like this kid could be hurleys first 5 star, is that still the feeling people get with this type of competition!?
7B5E2319-D306-4D9C-A968-AB5818FDB674.jpeg

Reaction Score
I know it seemed like this kid could be hurleys first 5 star, is that still the feeling people get with this type of competition!? View attachment 68331
No matter how well things go some things are just hard to beat. Baylor and Nova will struggle against a duke offer for example like with Keels. Hurley is recruiting at a perfect sweet spot right now. It would be great to land a 5 star but it’s going to take a perfect recruitment to happen.

that being said if we are nervous about competing with duke and Kentucky, things are going well.

Reaction Score
I know it seemed like this kid could be hurleys first 5 star, is that still the feeling people get with this type of competition!? View attachment 68331
No matter how well things go some things are just hard to beat. Baylor and Nova will struggle against a duke offer for example like with Keels. Hurley is recruiting at a perfect sweet spot right now. It would be great to land a 5 star but it’s going to take a perfect recruitment to happen.

that being said if we are nervous about competing with duke and Kentucky, things are going well.
I think the shine has come off of both of these programs over the last couple of years and shifted elsewhere in the college landscape. It's not like it was. I think the national perception of UConn has risen dramatically and that we can contend with anybody for top recruits.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I think the shine has come off of both of these programs over the last couple of years and shifted elsewhere in the college landscape. It's not like it was. I think the national perception of UConn has risen dramatically and that we can contend with anybody for top recruits.
I don’t know how much the shine has come off, definitely some, over the last couple of years, but going forward things are definitely going to be in flux for both programs—with Coach K leaving and Squid looking to make the NBA jump, plus the potentially big change in the pay for play dynamics with the NIL stuff.

definitely will be interesting to see if the recruiting dominance these two have had takes a dip.

Reaction Score
I don’t know how much the shine has come off, definitely some, over the last couple of years, but going forward things are definitely going to be in flux for both programs—with Coach K leaving and Squid looking to make the NBA jump, plus the potentially big change in the pay for play dynamics with the NIL stuff.

definitely will be interesting to see if the recruiting dominance these two have had takes a dip.
I think with NIL kicking in these two have nothing to worry about.

Reaction Score
Or does it take away their current competitive edge.
Good question, but name recognition is very important with kids. My prime example is Penny Hardaway. Huge name recognition and got off to an unbelievable start with recruiting. Hasn't won at the level expected and seems on a major downward trend.

As good as they might be, most kids still seek affirmation, believe in the perception that coaches like Fraudapari "get guys in the league" and want the adulation they'll get from certain schools' fan bases. Add the potential income from NIL at those high name recognition schools and it won't I believe, at least in the short term, take away any edge.

Kids UConn is recruiting today still mention Kemba or Shabazz. If DH hadn't come along when he did that aura of past success may have been lost forever. So my guess is Scheyer can coast on dUKE's history under K for several years but if he doesn't win at K's level within 3 years and dUKE is an also ran in the tournament, he's in trouble and the NIL money won't be as meaningful.

Reaction Score
Or does it take away their current competitive edge.
I dont think it does as social media valuations are all about followership and I'd imagine the blue blood programs have a leg up therein.

Reaction Score
Good question, but name recognition is very important with kids. My prime example is Penny Hardaway. Huge name recognition and got off to an unbelievable start with recruiting. Hasn't won at the level expected and seems on a major downward trend.

As good as they might be, most kids still seek affirmation, believe in the perception that coaches like Fraudapari "get guys in the league" and want the adulation they'll get from certain schools' fan bases. Add the potential income from NIL at those high name recognition schools and it won't I believe, at least in the short term, take away any edge.

Kids UConn is recruiting today still mention Kemba or Shabazz. If DH hadn't come along when he did that aura of past success may have been lost forever. So my guess is Scheyer can coast on dUKE's history under K for several years but if he doesn't win at K's level within 3 years and dUKE is an also ran in the tournament, he's in trouble and the NIL money won't be as meaningful.
Idk if penny is on a major downward trend. The article from him talking to the magic states he’s in the running for the number 1 and 2 players in the country next cycle.

Reaction Score

I don’t think hurley is nervous about recruiting against those big programs, I just think if we are going to land one of them they will have to fly under the radar from the one and done factories for a little longer. Him already getting that type of attention as a sophomore I think makes the chances slimmer.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Actually I was making a vague reference that the value of cash under the table decreases when there's an opportunity for making money out in the open.
I dont think it does as social media valuations are all about followership and I'd imagine the blue blood programs have a leg up therein.
Maybe. On the woman's side it seems like kids build their following in high school initially.

Reaction Score
Actually I was making a vague reference that the value of cash under the table decreases when there's an opportunity for making money out in the open.

Maybe. On the woman's side it seems like kids build their following in high school initially.
I wonder if high school athletes will now employ people to promote their social media pages in order to hit the ground running faster as day-1 college athletes that can monetize quickly? I would.

Reaction Score
Love seeing him show up on Karaban's IG. Always great to see recruits interacting, especially when a recruit becomes a commit and starts recruiting others. Seems the staff is really in on lots of high quality personalities.
Not expecting it, but would LOVE to grab a early commit here. Great players bring great players. Would be like injecting rocket fuel to start our class next year.

Reaction Score
Not expecting it, but would LOVE to grab a early commit here. Great players bring great players. Would be like injecting rocket fuel to start our class next year.
With zero inside knowledge, I think a rocking house on a visit, would get that done!

Reaction Score
With zero inside knowledge, I think a rocking house on a visit, would get that done!
For that to happen we would have to solidify a solid home non con game which I think could be useful. With a middle heavy BE this year lots of uncertainty surrounding every team outside of Nova. Say we’re 2nd there’s a strong group of teams from 3-8. Big East probably gets 5-6 bids but outside of UConn and Nova the others are unlikely to contend for top 5/6s seeds in the tourney.

The non-con slate so far is very solid with @ Florida, @ WVU as solid Q1 opportunities and of course the Battle 4 Atlantis which I’m stoked for... this field is CRAZY! VCU, Loyola Chicago, ASU, Auburn, Baylor, Syracuse, and Michigan State. Plenty of chances to prove ourselves and a deep run in that would be fun.

Not sure who we add but the home slate needs someone

Reaction Score
For that to happen we would have to solidify a solid home non con game which I think could be useful. With a middle heavy BE this year lots of uncertainty surrounding every team outside of Nova. Say we’re 2nd there’s a strong group of teams from 3-8. Big East probably gets 5-6 bids but outside of UConn and Nova the others are unlikely to contend for top 5/6s seeds in the tourney.

The non-con slate so far is very solid with @ Florida, @ WVU as solid Q1 opportunities and of course the Battle 4 Atlantis which I’m stoked for... this field is CRAZY! VCU, Loyola Chicago, ASU, Auburn, Baylor, Syracuse, and Michigan State. Plenty of chances to prove ourselves and a deep run in that would be fun.

Not sure who we add but the home slate needs someone
Considering we had no fans at home games this past season, I would think all games this year will have a great atmosphere!

Reaction Score
Don't think that's gonna happen but we're in REALLY good shape here. And our '23 class is going to be amazing. :)

Where do we stand with Wilcher? Obviously its very early, but are we in the mix? I assume he would be a/ the top priority if he has interest in us. Any info would be great. thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom