2023 Recruiting: - Taylor Bol Bowen update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Taylor Bol Bowen update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Taylor is from Jericho, VT and I live about 15 miles from Jericho and said I would put out some feelers about him and report back. First, I did see him play when he was a freshman and had no idea he was a freshman, he was extremely athletic and played very hard. I know HS basketball in VT is not what it is in other states but this game was between probably the two best teams in the state that year and he definitely stood out. I asked a couple of kids that have played with him and against him and one said " he's not that good" while the other one argued and said that he is really nasty now. I also ran into a local coach who didn't really know how good he is now but know's him a little and the word is that he is a great person who works very hard at his game. Wish I had more but that is it for now.

Reaction Score
Despite his new offers, Bowen says that Arkansas and UConn remain the schools in contact the most.

UConn: “UConn really feels like it’s a place where we can get to work, get better and win at the highest level. Coach [Dan] Hurley is going to hold everybody to a higher standard. He’s really focused on winning and getting better, and I really like that drive and passion that he brings to the court.”

Reaction Score
Despite his new offers, Bowen says that Arkansas and UConn remain the schools in contact the most.

UConn: “UConn really feels like it’s a place where we can get to work, get better and win at the highest level. Coach [Dan] Hurley is going to hold everybody to a higher standard. He’s really focused on winning and getting better, and I really like that drive and passion that he brings to the court.”

Article says he’ll be playing at Avon Old Farms this weekend with Brewster for a showcase. Hopefully he sees some Husky love while there.

Reaction Score
Article says he’ll be playing at Avon Old Farms this weekend with Brewster for a showcase. Hopefully he sees some Husky love while there.
Thanks for the reminder about that. I remember seeing something about this event in a New Haven Register article about recruiting 3 weeks ago and I was going to post about it to see if anyone in the area wants to go see some games. I'll start a new thread about it.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the reminder about that. I remember seeing something about this event in a New Haven Register article about recruiting 3 weeks ago and I was going to post about it to see if anyone in the area wants to go see some games. I'll start a new thread about it.

Link for the event? I can't find it, but I'd love to go watch a few recruits.

Reaction Score
Me to, would like to go if we get some info
Here's information on the event. It's not clear if it's open to the public.

Reaction Score
Here's information on the event. It's not clear if it's open to the public.

Thanks gonna try to go I am pretty sure it's open to public to

Reaction Score
I will definitely be going.
Any specific details and info would be great.
I'm in the immediate area so its just PERFECT!

Reaction Score
Parents aren't allowed to stay and watch so seems unlikely it's open to the public
Yeah I just saw that and posted in the other thread on the event that I linked above. Live stream is the best we'll be getting. I posted all the pertinent information in the other thread.

Reaction Score
Parents aren't allowed to stay and watch so seems unlikely it's open to the public

Not gonna endorse this, buttttt... unless they're NCAA events where you have to pay big $ for the wristbands, usually if you just say "I'm a coach" and walk in they don't ever check. Use that information how you will.

Reaction Score
Not gonna endorse this, buttttt... unless they're NCAA events where you have to pay big $ for the wristbands, usually if you just say "I'm a coach" and walk in they don't ever check. Use that information how you will.

Reaction Score
Just wear a UConn polo shirt. They'll never know. :)

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Just wear a UConn polo shirt. They'll never know. :)
I went to watch James Akinjo, then a committed UConn recruit, compete in his high school's league tournament in the east bay. I was sitting in the front row wearing a UConn polo. By the looks I was catching, everyone thought I was affiliated with the program.

Reaction Score
Bored in LAX so I wrote this up. Still thinking he's our first 5* under Hurley... no inside info.

11 PTS
9 REB ( 2 offensive)
3 AST

1 TO
3 STL
2 BLK

1/5 2FG
2/10 3FG
3/4 FT
  • He will elevate his game A LOT at Brewster… his teammates don’t have any idea when to hit him for alleyoops or how much he can elevate at the rim because they’re not used to playing with someone as athletic as Taylor.
  • Getting scored over in the paint by some older guys early… definitely a bit skinny to defend the post right now despite his length.
  • Not playing the 5 at Brewster will help him. Lots of time in the post on offense which isn’t his place. Later on Even spending some time at PG bringing the ball up the court… coach realized they play better with him on the perimeter finally.
  • Doesn’t really get good position on the boards much. Uses his length and height--he’ll need to get more physical under there at Brewster
  • He needs to learn to drive/post-up better. LOVE the 3 point shot at his height with that length… but needs a more well-rounded game if he’s gonna stay a 5* talent. The videos from pangos and such make it seem like he’s been working on it… just doesn’t even really take many 2s
  • I LOVE that he acknowledges teammates who assist him and cheers for the other guys… too many ego trips in the 5* ranks would never do that.
  • Not a great ballhandler and lacks some touch at the time… but the pieces are definitely there and he’s still super young.
  • Needs to raise the set point on his shot. Feet and hips look pretty good though. I bet he gets it cleared up over the summer with the Brewster staff.
  • I didn’t think he was that good of a passer the last time I saw him… surprised me in this game with how well/quickly he moved the ball vs the zone. A couple good post/short corner feeds and the nice transition assist too.
  • His length on the perimeter deters a lot of shots. Quick too…. Hard to tell if he’s the kind of natural shotblocker we saw with some of our other bigs or not. I don’t think so at this point, though… definitely more of a steals guy.
  • Doesn’t strike me as a SUPER elite athlete like Jackson or Johnson, but definitely above average. Love his end to end speed.
  • Needs to get after the boards more. Kinda soft.
  • Very little left hand handle. Better right-line drive than our current 4s though.
  • Solid defensive positioning and IQ
  • Seems to be in good shape… played most of the game. And didn’t look like he was lagging.
  • Looks up for the outlet after boards--important quality and overlooked sometimes.
  • I expect him to need some time adjusting at Brewster. Getting bigger over the summer will help, but he’ll need to get used to the physicality (and improve his shot).

Corner 3
St. Andrew's Sc vs. St. George's High Varsity Mens' Basketball

Rebound and some kinda turnover after, got lucky they called the foul

Board… dribbles end to end for the assist.

Corner 3

Diving on the loose ball

Little bit of handles and the foul

Getting another jump ball

Dunk

Potentially the strangest sequence of basketball I’ve ever seen… steal, followed by a pass with his forearm? Into the worst oop attempt ever? Oh wow.

Nice pump fake dribble drive for the foul… needed to finish that

Block, handles, and a really stupid 3

Assist

Really like the hustle to break this play up

Board followed by a horrendous shot… and another board on the other end.

Board and outlet

Board

Steal

Assist

Reaction Score
72E9082A-F7C8-4F1E-B579-D7DFB0D183AC.jpeg

From his ig. Looks like he was on campus today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom