Taya Reimer to... | The Boneyard

Taya Reimer to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Thats AWESOME!!!!! Thanks for the link and info!!!
:)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
DeShields came last year, so she may just be seeing what else is going on out there.....I honestly think it makes no difference, DeShields probably already has a good idea where she wants to play college ball. Just waiting on the official word!!! Hopefully its UCONN!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
DeShields came last year, so she may just be seeing what else is going on out there.....I honestly think it makes no difference, DeShields probably already has a good idea where she wants to play college ball. Just waiting on the official word!!! Hopefully its UCONN!!!
yes she came last year. seemed to have a great time. said she wanted to do her visits and help her teammates get recruited as well...that's great news tho. LOVE IT!!!

Reaction Score
yea i know i seen pictures and stuff, but yea hopefully its UCONN

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Diamond is close with Bria, Kaleena, and Moriah, at least. And she likes Geno.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Part of Taya's profile from USA Basketball:

Favorite basketball team: Miami Heat.
Favorite non-basketball Olympian: Apolo Anton Ohno.
If you could be a standout athlete in another sport, you’d: swim.
The best players you’ve played against: Cierra Burdick, Moriah Jefferson and Malina Howard.
You most want to play one-on-one against: Maya Moore.
Most impressive person you’ve met: Maya Moore, because she is a great player and an even better person.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I would be shocked if Diamond and Sierra dont come to UConn. You can read all you want about looking at other schools. All Ive read is both want to play for UConn. Taya we will find out more after this weekend. Taya would be a great addition. Kinda reminds me of Swin Asja and Tamika

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
whats the point in wasting everybody else's time
Please don't take this as stalking. It's not. But your post certainly warrents a response.

What was the point of it? You might not agree with Tony's optomism in getting those players, but he has a right to state his opinion. Your snarky comment was not necessary in my opinion.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Didn't she say something about prolonging the process so that other members of her HS team get more looks from recruiters? I think it was in an interview she did at some point in 2011. So if true, that might be at least a partial reason.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
How is it wasting others time if they have the opportunity to see other excellent atletes, too, and they can make their own decision about the effort to recruit Diamond?

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Daddychoc...the only waste of time I see...is trying to figure out what exactly it is that you meant by the question...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Didn't realize Taya was considering Stanford. I wonder if she qualifies for Stanford's admission requirements. If she does, will be difficult; not impossible; to beat them out for Taya.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I heard a couple of people say with all that talent how bout playtime? Well we had Tamika Swin and Asja they all played. They were all 6'2 wings/fwds coming out of high school. We had Sue Diana and Maria and they all played. You earn your playtime, and UConn is a team about playing and developing as a team. By having that philosophy you are prepared for the next level. Look at the WNBA and see how many UConn players are there. Not all started every season. Heck Diana and Maya, Ashley Battle Jessica Moore and Kalana Greene didnt start every game but earned playtime and look at them now. With that said UConn is at a different level when it comes to playtime with great players.

Another thing to think about is the WNBA. All that talent sitting on the bench and they get playtime. Uconn has and will continue to have top talent. The top talent will continue get playtime, because Geno does not depend on one player but rather he depends on a team concept of kids playing together as a unit, as one. So if there are any thoughts of more top talent not coming to UConn because of the talent UConn already has, well I dont think thats an excuse not to come to UConn. Its more about what you can become, how your developed then about getting enough playtime. UConn has to much to offer for those who want it. Hey if your good and talented UConn will play you. So for those who mentioned and are concerned how will Diamond Sierra and Taya all get playtime at UConn thats nonsense. They will all play because they are all terrific players and Geno has a proven record of playing the best with the best and making them the best.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Didn't realize Taya was considering Stanford. I wonder if she qualifies for Stanford's admission requirements. If she does, will be difficult; not impossible; to beat them out for Taya.
We have beat them out for others. Tough, yes, impossible, no.

Reaction Score
I heard a couple of people say with all that talent how bout playtime? Well we had Tamika Swin and Asja they all played. They were all 6'2 wings/fwds coming out of high school. We had Sue Diana and Maria and they all played. You earn your playtime, and UConn is a team about playing and developing as a team. By having that philosophy you are prepared for the next level. Look at the WNBA and see how many UConn players are there. Not all started every season. Heck Diana and Maya, Ashley Battle Jessica Moore and Kalana Greene didnt start every game but earned playtime and look at them now. With that said UConn is at a different level when it comes to playtime with great players.

Another thing to think about is the WNBA. All that talent sitting on the bench and they get playtime. Uconn has and will continue to have top talent. The top talent will continue get playtime, because Geno does not depend on one player but rather he depends on a team concept of kids playing together as a unit, as one. So if there are any thoughts of more top talent not coming to UConn because of the talent UConn already has, well I dont think thats an excuse not to come to UConn. Its more about what you can become, how your developed then about getting enough playtime. UConn has to much to offer for those who want it. Hey if your good and talented UConn will play you. So for those who mentioned and are concerned how will Diamond Sierra and Taya all get playtime at UConn thats nonsense. They will all play because they are all terrific players and Geno has a proven record of playing the best with the best and making them the best.

Reaction Score
Good points, Tonyc! If a player turns down coming to Uconn because of a fear of losing playing time, that is not the kind of player Geno or the program wants. Confidence in yourself is a huge factor.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Marie--Particularly as a relative newcomer, you have mastered the art of the suspenseful subject line. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom