Taya Reimer commits to ND | The Boneyard

Taya Reimer commits to ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Hoopgurlz - Link

ND was considered her favorite school. She's gone to a number of ND's regular season and tournament games. She's also best friends with Jewell Loyd a ND signee for 2012. ND is only a couple hours drive from her home.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats to ND and Muffett. Let's hope this starts the dominos rolling!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good for them. Keep 'em in the Big East.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Now it will be interesting to see where Mavunga goes. In any case, ND seems to be set in the post going forward, although they will be a little weak there this year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I didn't know that Reimer and Loyd were close.

Kaleena, Moriah, and Bria are close with Diamond. :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Now it will be interesting to see where Mavunga goes. In any case, ND seems to be set in the post going forward, although they will be a little weak there this year.
i'm not sure really how good Nelson and Thompson are. i'm not disagreeing that they may be done with post recruiting, but they don't have any really elite centers unless you count Achonwa as one...

Reaction Score
Great pick-up for ND & Muffet but MaVunga is the best player from Indiana in the class of 2013. ND's chances of getting Stephanie and Mercedes are down the drain now, imo.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Great pick-up for ND & Muffet but MaVunga is the best player from Indiana in the class of 2013. ND's chances of getting Stephanie and Mercedes are down the drain now, imo.
How are you feeling about UL's chances of picking up that duo? Tennessee fans seem very confident.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
ESPN has to be drooling as the ND vs. UConn now becomes THE TV rivalry. For various reasons, both schools command a national fan base (sorry, Baylor, Stanford, etc.), they both have marquee playeers on their roster or in the pipeline (Diggins for ND and high expectations for Kaleena, Bria, Jewel, Breanna, Morgan, Taya, and Moriah), and they play at least twice each season.

I'm drooling, too. Especially with Novosel gone.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
OK so you are one of the many who believes Russell and Mavunga will go to the same school. Does anyone have an actual source for this alleged intention for these kids? Or is it another internet rumor not based in any kind of fact that will turn out to be wrong?

Reaction Score
Personally, Im pretty happy that Reimer chose ND.. She just wasn't going to get enough playing time with Morgan Tuck, Kiah Stokes and Breanna on the same roster. I'm also happy because our chances ( although they have always been high) of landing DeShields are now even more higher (in the event she surprise the entire college world and goes to a Maryland or Duke team; which would of make a lot of sense too).

All in all, this is a good pick for Taya Reimer; Notre Dame has great academics, and how she said on the hoopgurlz article, she is closer to home and she has a relationship with the ND staff for quite some time. If anything, her verbal comitment can propel Stephanie Mavunga( i think its how its spelled) and Mercedes Russell to commit to Notre Dame..

Just imagine, a staring line-up of PG: Jewel Lloyd, SG: Kayla McBride, SF: Natalie Achonwa, PF: Taya Reimer/ *Stephanie Mavunga, C: *Mercedes Russell.
* = Assuming they commit to Notre Dame

BUT STILL, OUR LINE UP FOR THE NEXT 4-5 YRS IS FREAKKING SICK...

ps: I have a feeling that Diamond DeShields could be committing soon.. :) just a gut feeling, that's all, nothing factual or anything. She has mentioned int he past about wanting to play with Breanna, Kaleena, Bria, and Moriah.. :) let's see what happens people..

JS

Reaction Score
"Apparently, coach Muffet McGraw and the Notre Dame women's basketball team aren't finished beating Connecticut this season."
Article from the South Bend Trib
Nice for ND to feel celebratory, and congrats to them for landing Reimer, and to her for her choice of an outstanding university.

However, styling this as a recruiting coup over UConn betrays a lack of knowledge about where UConn/Reimer has been (or not been) for quite some time.

I suggested a while ago, gently, that I didn't have the impression of a lively relationship there and thought people should pay more attention to the McCall recruitment.

Bret McCormick, who's quoted as saying he expected her to go to UConn, had no clue.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Nice for ND to feel celebratory, and congrats to them for landing Reimer, and to her for her choice of an outstanding university.

However, styling this as a recruiting coup over UConn betrays a lack of knowledge about where UConn/Reimer has been (or not been) for quite some time.

I suggested a while ago, gently, that I didn't have the impression of a lively relationship there and thought people should pay more attention to the McCall recruitment.

Bret McCormick, who's quoted as saying he expected her to go to UConn, had no clue.

Gee, I didn't know all this. Maybe we needed a double secret chat session. You are not doing your mod duties.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
JS, I remember you sharing that and it reflected stuff I was hearing through the B1G, too. I was under the impression UCONN had all but ended the pursuit.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You know what. It really dosnt matter who ND or Tenn get, it wont compare to who UConn has and is getting. ND will be very good but not in UConn terms. UConn is so far ahead of everybody else. UConn is where every other team is aspiring to get to.

I remember a quote an ole buddy use to use. After T Boone Pickens does his thing, what ever is left is for Slim Pickens. LOL

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Good for them. Keep 'em in the Big East.

ND is sort of in the BE, and the "sort of" part is why I can't root for them to do anything but lose. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that when the conference realignment junk started to crumble the Big East, ND could have prevented the whole football driven madness by joining the BE for football. No way Pitt, SU or WV would have dreamed of leaving a conference with ND in it. Money is the reason they won't join, money is the reason the teams left the BE and now we get the joy of seeing SMU, Houston and UCF come into Storrs. And since the BE was the loose brick in the wall that caused the domino chips to fall in realignment, it is possible that none of it would have happened had ND come in for football. In terms of sports consequence, the other good ND teams can be pretty well replaced or are not noticed by anyone but limited interest sports fans, including women's hoops, women's soccer and men's hockey. Of course hockey has it's own crazy quilt of conferences. While it can't be proved, my instinct is that ND women's hoops benefits greatly by being in a conference with UConn. Noibody would notice if their men's BB team left. ND taketh plenty but truly giveth nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom