Tarin Smith (Grad Transfer) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tarin Smith (Grad Transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a third ball-handler subbing in for Adams and Gilbert, I think Antoien would have been much more effective...but we had to play him 31 minutes a night and that exposed him pretty badly. (It exposed Vital, too.)

But, to his credit, I think he did help us avoid absolute disaster - I cannot imagine what last season would have looked like if we just had Adams and Vital handling the ball. Adams would have dissolved into a mist from the workload and Vital would have post-traumatic stress from the turnover rate.

Anderson should have been Ricky Moore, instead we needed to use him Tony Robertson.

Reaction Score
Your the one that’s including leque in next seasons plans. Be realistic, tell me why a 5 star would forgo his senior season to come to a team coming off 2 losing seasons, new coaching staff not a talented roster over a team like UNC? His home school. Hurley is going to have to show the world he can win and they will come. To think any 5 star is coming in 2018..please
You do realize we're his home school, right? He's from the Bronx. Plays AAU on the Nike circuit with Rens out of NYC. Just goes to prep school in NC. There are a heck of a lot more reasons to pick a school besides previous year's record. I don't understand why you're trying so hard to marginalize a program I assume you loved at one point. Hopefully when Hurley has us back on track you'll come back around, too.

Reaction Score
Your the one that’s including leque in next seasons plans. Be realistic, tell me why a 5 star would forgo his senior season to come to a team coming off 2 losing seasons, new coaching staff not a talented roster over a team like UNC? His home school. Hurley is going to have to show the world he can win and they will come. To think any 5 star is coming in 2018..please
Wrong again, he's not from North Carolina you idiot. You have not made one good post or prediction since you started posting here. 99% of what you've said is objectively false.

Reaction Score
Please go away. You’re an obvious troll who knows nothing, and litters the board with nonsense. Just leave.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
ED72FF40-22B6-4DA9-B83F-11480ADEC412.gif

Reaction Score
Think '19 - '20 and hold on for this year. New coach? Yes. Major roster upgrade? Ummm...... Idk.

I want Carlton to prove me wrong but I'm not seeing what some others are with him or Diarra. I want to be wrong.

If Polley doesn't come around, where is the outside game? Love CV's heart. Does anybody see him at 40% shooting?

Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Think '19 - '20 and hold on for this year. New coach? Yes. Major roster upgrade? Ummm. Idk.

I want Carlton to prove me wrong but I'm not seeing what some others are with him or Diarra. I want to be wrong.

If Polley doesn't come around, where is the outside game? Love CV's heart. Does anybody see him at 40% shooting?

Go Huskies
You expected a "major roster upgrade" in less than 4 weeks??

f9cdf50235150324801a630ddda6bb6ec0e4fa6e87629eb5e037517c5003a514.jpg

Reaction Score
The fact that it looks like we’re headed towards a full roster after a coaching change is impressive in itself. Some people just like to complain.
I feel like we've been trapped in a cave for 3 years, we just got shown the way out, and this guy next to us is complaining that it's too bright.
Really, you can't have it both ways.
DH will right this ship, and quickly, but it's not - nor can it be - instant.
The internet has made everybody so damn impatient . . . .

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I would not be surprised to see Smith starting alongside JA next year. Kid knows the system already and averaged 13 points in the A10 last year while being their best perimeter defender. He's much better than the recent grad transfers we had on the defensive end. 2 Senior guards will give us the best chance to win while AG works his way back. Also having 2 starting guards graduating is a good talking point for all these 2019 guards we're targeting.

Reaction Score
Think '19 - '20 and hold on for this year. New coach? Yes. Major roster upgrade? Ummm. Idk.

Go Huskies

Carlton showed more ability as a freshman than many previous UConn bigs as freshman. It's only a question of development for him. I liked him more than Enoch, that's for sure. And I expect him to far exceed Gavin Edwards.

Reaction Score
I would not be surprised to see Smith starting alongside JA next year. Kid knows the system already and averaged 13 points in the A10 last year while being their best perimeter defender.
I've never seen Smith play but that description sounds exactly like Antwoine Anderson a year ago at this time. And he didn't look good enough to get starter minutes at this level in an average UConn season (this season was way below average).

Reaction Score
I've never seen Smith play but that description sounds exactly like Antwoine Anderson a year ago at this time. And he didn't look good enough to get starter minutes at this level in an average UConn season (this season was way below average).
Smith will not be starting if things go the way we hope. CV has earned that spot unless rique comes back with no rust ready to go

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Smith will not be starting if things go the way we hope. CV has earned that spot unless rique comes back with no rust ready to go
It’s all pure speculation but my guess is that Hurley starts who’s ever the better defender. Which, IMO, is Smith. AG I would guess is going to be coming off the bench in a limited role until we have full confidence in his shoulder. I also suspect we’ll see a lot of 3 guard lineups. Fast pace, full court pressure since we’re not a good shooting team but we are fast and fairly athletic.

Reaction Score
It’s all pure speculation but my guess is that Hurley starts who’s ever the better defender.

THIS.

Adams will start. Gilbert will or won't start based on health and rust. Beyond that, whomever among the new Adams, Smith and Vital plays the toughest man to man D will get the most minutes. My guess is they took Smith absolutely knowing that he would buy in to Hurley's system, and Vital will have to prove he can play for him.

And we are much more talented in the backcourt than the frontcourt so yes, expect continuing three guard lineups. The good news is that if Gilbert is playing and we have 5 guards, that doesn't become an unworkable plan like it has been the last two years.

Reaction Score
I'm just excited to see a new team next year. It is the beginning of a new era and a new journey. Regardless of how it plays out, it is exciting to discover what is ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom