Tampa out for AAC Tournament; Memphis frontrunner | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tampa out for AAC Tournament; Memphis frontrunner

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Would go to Atlanta. Not touching Memphis. This league sucks. I hate you Aresco. I hate you ESPN. I hate you Aresco. I really really hate you Aresco.

Reaction Score
Would go to Atlanta. Not touching Memphis. This league sucks. I hate you Aresco. I hate you ESPN. I hate you Aresco. I really really hate you Aresco.
I'm guessing from your ID you live in West Hartford. I grew up on Mountain Road.

Reaction Score
Memphis the leader, but insiders say that Mohegan Sun is still the other favorite

http://ajerseyguy.com

Screen Shot 2013-05-22 at 7.33.21 PM.png

Reaction Score
Mohegan not in discussion for AAC MBB Tourney - Women's only.

OK. I misread it as the co-favorite for the mens' tournament. The previous paragraph mentions the men & women, then new paragraph goes on to cite overwhelming favorites. Would have been clearer if he had said Memphis for men & Mohegan Sun for women, or respectively, etc.

Guess I made the gin & tonic a little stronger tonight.

D

Deleted member 3149

Honestly, that. Someone earlier said it best- Big East in NYC to AAC in Memphis. What a damn shame. Aresco is such a moron. DG would be appalled.

Reaction Score
Memphis ain't bad, especially for a 4/5 night stay. Unless you don't care for some good music, decent March weather, partying and bbq/food. If you don't think that they will pimp out the City during tourney week then you don't know Memphis.

Concerts, spring break type contests, street music, the joint will be jumping. It won't be as historic as NYC but certainly more intimate and catering to the league. I have no problem with 'southern' Memphis, its what visitors make of it.

I agree. I don't know what game to game support is like for Memphis(edit: just read Duffy's article and they have an ave. attendance of 16,234); but Grizzlies fans are all over that team every game(ave.16,624) from what I've seen. So I think local support will be solid. It's up to the fans of other conference teams to fill in the blanks so to speak. I don't want the tournament to stay there(for the sake of Northeast teams fans) but Memphis is a great city to kick things off imo.

GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Yuck! Keep me away from that crime ridden P.O.S. city. and I live in Atlanta saying that. LOL!
At least we can car pool to the games. I am a black belt and while old- will do my best to protect you and any other UCONN fans willing to make the drive.

Reaction Score
I hate to say it, I am just glad that Hartford is not the choice. It would be torture to look at all the empty seats and have everybody around the country say "that is why you are not in one of the Big 5".

Reaction Score
At least we can car pool to the games. I am a black belt and while old- will do my best to protect you and any other UCONN fans willing to make the drive.

Are you 6'5" and 260 lbs? LOL!

D

Deleted member 3149

I'll tell you one thing, if its in Memphis, about 1% of the boneyard would go. If it were at Mohegan or the XL, it would be the complete opposite. Not too sure why people are complacent with the FedEx

pj

Reaction Score
I'll tell you one thing, if its in Memphis, about 1% of the boneyard would go. If it were at Mohegan or the XL, it would be the complete opposite.

99% of the boneyard would go?

Reaction Score
I'll tell you one thing, if its in Memphis, about 1% of the boneyard would go. If it were at Mohegan or the XL, it would be the complete opposite. Not too sure why people are complacent with the FedEx

So that would be about 100 all session tickets sold. Sorry for the sarcasm, the big picture is UConn needs to fill seats. As much as revenue will decrease, they need to lower prices so that all the seats are filled. It looks much better. Of course, they won't listen to me.

Reaction Score

Because as we have found out all too realistically - the college sports world does not revolve around what's best for UConn/CT.

Reaction Score
If the tournament is relying on 100% boneyard attendance this conference is in deep deep deep trouble.

I hate to break it to you but Aresco's first concern is not the boneyard.

Reaction Score
I don't understand the Memphis hate. It's a pretty cool city. What are we comparing it to? Hartford? Montville?

Philadelphia I can understand, but they've never really been a big college basketball city despite having like a billion colleges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom