Tale of Kiah Stokes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tale of Kiah Stokes

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Two WNBA rings, three in college, a championship somewhere in Europe (or Turkey?) last winter, and . . . high school? If being on a championship team makes you a winner, she's one in spades.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Kiah is one of the unsung heroes of that wonderful '14 team. Geno played only six players through much of the tournament, with her being the sixth-person. Not sure they would've won it without her.
That year Stewart, Jefferson, KML, Hartley, Dolson, Stokes, Banks, Chong all averaged more than 15 minutes per game. Tuck did as well but was injured for almost the while season.

Reaction Score
Once upon a time, Kiah Stokes was a UConn Husky. Doris Burke said of her that she had a WNBA physique yet she languished on the bench for 3 long years.

Finally, early in her Senior season, she grabbed 18 rebounds against Notre Dame, she started posting up and she swatted everything that came her way.

I have my own suppositions as to the cause of the change but the most probable reason seems to me to be is that she wanted to be in the WNBA after all.
Kia was critical in final four wins over Notre Dame, coming off the bench to stifle any and all comebacks the Irish were attempting. They went at her, hitting her in the face a few times. She winced, but persevered, the physically superior athlete.

Reaction Score
That year Stewart, Jefferson, KML, Hartley, Dolson, Stokes, Banks, Chong all averaged more than 15 minutes per game. Tuck did as well but was injured for almost the while season.
Thanks---for showing one of the reason Kiah didn't have to score--although she could.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom